House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Yogi

Why So Many 'no Forward Chain'?

Been looking at properties (same old rubbish) but seem to see a lot of them are advertised as 'no forward chain'. Why is this? I dont think that many people risk STR. These are 3 bed family houses, not obvious BTL. Why so many? Am I missing something?

I know plenty of people who have moved out of the three bed semi, released the equity in the first house to buy a 2nd bigger place and then put the first house up for sale empty or try and rent it out.

In fact we were a whisker away from going it ourselves until I got cold feet and thank god put the brakes on it.

I know plenty of people who have moved out of the three bed semi, released the equity in the first house to buy a 2nd bigger place and then put the first house up for sale empty or try and rent it out.

In fact we were a whisker away from going it ourselves until I got cold feet and thank god put the brakes on it.

This is it...I regularly read the money saving expert boards and there have been ALOT of people this year, who are moving and keeping their old property. It's an epidemic.

I have been monitoring the large EAs that advertise in my local paper, the Alcester Standard, and on some weeks as many 20% of the listings are "no upward chain." As we are in the West Midlands it could be the deteriorating employment situation that is forcing people to sell up or it could be BTL trying to beat the rush.

What it is not is a spike in the number of people dying but it could be emmigration. Whatever it is there are more houses coming on the market by sellers who have no intention of buying something else.

The ODPM report says prices plunged 7% in my area in the last Q of 2005 which does point toward some further falls in the 1st Q of 2006. I think the crash is on.

Member of my family sold with no chain. They had a buyer and decided to sell even though they hadn't found a property for themselves. Moved in with family for a short while whist they looked around for something that suited them. Think people do this so that a chain isn't so important and sales get lost. Tried to pursudae them to rent for a while, but hey, they're happy now.

I have been monitoring the large EAs that advertise in my local paper, the Alcester Standard, and on some weeks as many 20% of the listings are "no upward chain." As we are in the West Midlands it could be the deteriorating employment situation that is forcing people to sell up or it could be BTL trying to beat the rush.

What it is not is a spike in the number of people dying but it could be emmigration. Whatever it is there are more houses coming on the market by sellers who have no intention of buying something else.

The ODPM report says prices plunged 7% in my area in the last Q of 2005 which does point toward some further falls in the 1st Q of 2006. I think the crash is on.

I really hope so I dream of being in our house in 12 months time. I have my eye on several in the S-u-A/Alcester area.

I really hope so I dream of being in our house in 12 months time. I have my eye on several in the S-u-A/Alcester area.

I hope so too Terrified - I wish you all the very best. I'm in the same boat,

In Worcester area - when it all comes good for you I'll open a bottle of champagne.

This is it...I regularly read the money saving expert boards and there have been ALOT of people this year, who are moving and keeping their old property. It's an epidemic.

It's begs the question, how on earth are they affording the mortgage on the new place!

I know a chap who bought out in the stock-broker belt before he had sold up in Putney.

The EAs had given him unrealistic valuations of his place in Putney so the house just sat on the market for 8 months while the briding load started to bite ever deeper.... eventually he knocked £20k of the asking price and got an offer within the week.