House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Smurf1976

Property About To Go Over The Edge In Australia

http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/story/0,...5001021,00.html

I am NOT gloating about this couple's misfortune but losing the house seems to be on the cards.

Buy an expensive house, use a lot of petrol and have a variable rate mortgage and it's like wondering around a gas works with a burning candle. It's blatantly asking for trouble for no good reason and it's pure good luck if it doesn't blow up. They could have fixed the rates but chose not to. Absolutely foolish in view of their high debts.

But the point is that they can't be the only home buyers in this situation. Reposessions in New South Wales are already at record levels and an interest rate rise appears near certain in Australia. Indeed there is increasing speculation about TWO interest rate rises this year.

HPC set to roll in Australia by the looks of it. Whatever happens in Sydney / NSW generally flow on to the rest of the country in due course, especially the other Eastern states.

SNAP! I wonder when the NULabour press will begin printing reality stories in our press? When the crash is affecting too many people and its impossible to cover it up any longer. In the meantime, we have to put up with the Express and their NAEA "news" articles that houses will double again in the next few years.

SNAP! I wonder when the NULabour press will begin printing reality stories in our press? When the crash is affecting too many people and its impossible to cover it up any longer. In the meantime, we have to put up with the Express and their NAEA "news" articles that houses will double again in the next few years.

Naah the Government will never admit to a Crash - remember - NO MORE BOOM AND BUST!

They'll tell us there's no crash "Houseprices are just re- aligning to the longterm trend"

Guest Winners and Losers

http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/story/0,...5001021,00.html

I am NOT gloating about this couple's misfortune but losing the house seems to be on the cards.

Buy an expensive house, use a lot of petrol and have a variable rate mortgage and it's like wondering around a gas works with a burning candle. It's blatantly asking for trouble for no good reason and it's pure good luck if it doesn't blow up. They could have fixed the rates but chose not to. Absolutely foolish in view of their high debts.

But the point is that they can't be the only home buyers in this situation. Reposessions in New South Wales are already at record levels and an interest rate rise appears near certain in Australia. Indeed there is increasing speculation about TWO interest rate rises this year.

HPC set to roll in Australia by the looks of it. Whatever happens in Sydney / NSW generally flow on to the rest of the country in due course, especially the other Eastern states.

Why am I not surprised. :rolleyes:

I like the comments, they're like a deer in the headlights!

Comment: I can’t understand how the Reserve Bank can consider putting up the interest rates on Australian families. We are being hit with increased petrol prices, lower wages due to new workplace agreements and now a possible increase in interest rates. This is starting to sound like coup between the government and banks to take our hard earned homes from us.

It's called inflation and stagflation, mate!

Were they betting on the lowest interest rates in history to actually fall? How many are extreme marginal buyers? No wonder retail is going down the plughole.

Edited by BuyingBear

I like the comments, they're like a deer in the headlights!

It's called inflation and stagflation, mate!

Were they betting on the lowest interest rates in history to actually fall? How many are extreme marginal buyers? No wonder retail is going down the plughole.

It's the economy, stupid!

This is starting to sound like coup between the government and banks to take our hard earned homes from us

Erm.. no. That started when they lowered interest rates. This is the end bit, the consequences.

I really hope that when this sorry business unwinds people will direct their anger in the right places.

"Oh it's great here! Just watch out for the sodding great Huntsman spiders that live in the settee." :o

I thought that Huntsman spiders were neither poisionous nor aggressive.

Billy Shears

Billy Shears

True generally (although they can be aggressive if provoked), although they are bl**dy huge & scary!

Guest Winners and Losers

Billy Shears

They aren't. I was once bitten by one and all it did was leave two fang marks on my hand. My Mum had one living in her house for a few months. He used to alternate between two favourite rooms. He was just like another member of the family. :unsure:

Dont see the attraction in Oz myself ;)

That's because you've never been there. Where the bloody hell are you? :rolleyes:

True generally (although they can be aggressive if provoked), although they are bl**dy huge & scary!

I remember dad checked out whether they were poisonous when we first found one. When he found out they weren't he banned us from killing them because they kept the flies and mossies in check. If we found one inside the house he used to trap it onto a sheet of paper and then throw it into the back garden.

Mind you, I saw him do that one morning with one that had come in overnight. Mum was in the back yard with the Mortein before dad had finished backing out the drive :lol: .

They aren't. I was once bitten by one and all it did was leave two fang marks on my hand. My Mum had one living in her house for a few months. He used to alternate between two favourite rooms. He was just like another member of the family. :unsure:

That's because you've never been there. Where the bloody hell are you? :rolleyes:

not sure i like the soound of them. are they big :unsure:

"Oh it's great here! Just watch out for the sodding great Huntsman spiders that live in the settee." :o

I encountered one of these when I was out there - on the wall right above my bed - they look so terrifying that I was only slightly relieved when I was told they aren't dangerous. And I really don't mind spiders usually at all. The fauna in that country - jesus.

Edit: so transfixed by that memory that I forgot to say what I wanted to say about the thread. I like this kind of talk - over the edge, candles and gas explosions - we need more of it because it accurately represents the reality. The VIs are doing such a good job of keeping the language wet and unthreatening. Nothing to see here, folks, move along - well there is going to be something to see when the shit hits the fan, it's going to be frighteningly spectacular and we're going to have a front seat. Images of cliff edges and gas explosions should be out there because people need to sober up - it might even save the last few schmos from putting their heads through the noose.

Edited by North London Rent Girl

I encountered one of these when I was out there - on the wall right above my bed - they look so terrifying that I was only slightly relieved when I was told they aren't dangerous. And I really don't mind spiders usually at all. The fauna in that country - jesus.

We Aussies haven't had the benefit of centuries to murder every living thing like the UK has had.

Oh I love London in the summer, not a fly or mossie in sight!

Guest Winners and Losers

Me too - such a relief! It's only the wasps and prehistoric size bees you need to worry about. :unsure:

i dont mind spiders in general but i dont like the sound of these. :rolleyes::unsure:

Sure, sure. WAL will protect Shaker from the big bad spiders. :rolleyes:

We Aussies haven't had the benefit of centuries to murder every living thing like the UK has had.

You're talking ******** as usual TTRT. Your imports of sheep and rabbits have been disastrous for the indigenous fauna. Australians are a blood-thirsty bunch who like killing things recreationally and it's only becuause Australia is so bloody big and such a hostile environment that you haven't completed the job. I remember going into town from the property I was working on and seeing trucks with dozens of dead kangaroos hanging in the back. I saw people shooting at goannas and snakes when they weren't posing any threat at all. And let's not even get started on what happened to the indigenous people of Australia - one of the most shat upon native peoples in the world, what's left of them. You think Australia's so good? Seriously, don't do us any favours, don't hold yourself back - go home!

Guest Winners and Losers

You're talking ******** as usual TTRT. Your imports of sheep and rabbits have been disastrous for the indigenous fauna. Australians are a blood-thirsty bunch who like killing things recreationally and it's only becuause Australia is so bloody big and such a hostile environment that you haven't completed the job. I remember going into town from the property I was working on and seeing trucks with dozens of dead kangaroos hanging in the back. I saw people shooting at goannas and snakes when they weren't posing any threat at all. And let's not even get started on what happened to the indigenous people of Australia - one of the most shat upon native peoples in the world, what's left of them. You think Australia's so good? Seriously, don't do us any favours, don't hold yourself back - go home!

:unsure: He's only ever lived in the cities. Gotta make all that money where the action is. :rolleyes:

Nice call NLRG. ;)

:D

Looks like I hit a nerve somewhere there! Must be the patriot in you screaming to get out.

I didn't say we were any better or you were any worse. All I said was that you've had more time than us. Really we're one & the same, just in different locations (acknowledging my location today is not Australia).

Guest Winners and Losers

(acknowledging my location today is not Australia).

You little jetsetting Landlord you. :rolleyes:

Im not very good at handling poisonous snakes :rolleyes:

I am not going to bite. :unsure: I know what you're trying to do. :rolleyes: