House Price Crash Forum

Lovely Place In Watford

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

"Seperate House / Annexe / Office

The building has a multitude of possible uses but does require completion. Water, Electric and Waste services already run to the property but you will need to raise the first floor level to comply with regulations - the bricks for this task are included."

A snip at £9,581,251, with free bricks!

HOLA445

Oh my effing lord - this has surely got to be one of those 'bump up the average asking price' wheezes.

A million quid? As usual, first thing I did was check out the garden, and I quote:

"Decking area on to fully paved area part of which can be iused as parking space."

The fact that there's decking is bad enough - what is it with bloody decking - why is it good? It's like laminate flooring. I see decking and laminate flooring and just think of that 70s pretend-wood-panelling wallpaper. But decking then a bit of bloody paving that you could park a car on for a million squid - you couldn't make it up. What are we talking about here - a 30x30 garden? My giddy aunt.

Oh, sorry, that's right, it's not 'a million pounds' - a friend of mine put me right about my silly thinking recently. We were talking about a small 2-bed flat for a quarter of a million pounds that he was contemplating buying. He said that it's not a quarter of a million pounds, it's whether you can afford it each month. What? It's a quarter of a million effing pounds for eff bloody all in the middle of effing nowhere, for effing eff's sake, have you run effing mad? I didn't say that last bit out loud.

Bit pissed, back from pub - actually pefect state of mind to contemplate million pound shitholes in shitty watford.

Edit: only latterly noticed the excellent use of the word 'fully' in that description of the 'garden'. 'Fully paved', mind you, none of your partially paved tat here, oh no. Can't put the ridiculousness of it into words.

Edited by North London Rent Girl

HOLA446
Guest Bart of Darkness

we could all club together?? :o:blink:

Let's club the boss of Rightmove instead.

a friend of mine put me right about my silly thinking recently. We were talking about a small 2-bed flat for a quarter of a million pounds that he was contemplating buying. He said that it's not a quarter of a million pounds, it's whether you can afford it each month.

And if interest rates start to go up or you lose your job, hey presto, it's a quarter of a million quid again.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Lovely place is stretching the point a bit.

Nothing wrong with the price though, look we are all going to still be in work in Zimmer frames, so we have many years to pay the mortgage off, hey and theres these shared ownership schemes. What a cracking idea they are, we could all take a 1% ownership, what with low intersest rates, stable wages, yeah we know what we are going to be payiing every year of our lives, easy to budget (low interst rate+low pay inflation= burden of debt very slowly erodes), nothing much else to be able to spend on, so all you need to worry about is the mortgage, water, elctricity, upkeep of house, gas, council tax, and you may also want to pay for food and drink and have some clothes. No holidays to book or worry about. No packing to do, no moving, you can live there the rest of your life. Forget any notion of having kids, anyway you save on sleepless nights and smellie nappies I can see the advantages. Fantastic.

I forgot to mention that the properies value will only increase. YOY it'll go up on average 25% like the last 8 years or so. By the time you retire (and you may have 1 year left in you by then) it will be worth £trillions that will give you Millions to spend per day, because, of course you'll be able to release the equity in the property, as the new 'owner' (mug) of the property can not lose either as they always go up, we keep getting told this by Krusty and all VIs (must be true) and yet somehow always affordable (by some crackpot scheme or another) So theres your 'pension' sorted out too., no need to save for that now, oh! but you couldn't anyway its all going on some SH1thole to live, but its a great pension pot....

So there you go, what's stopping everyone pilling in and buying this bargain cosy abode. (Cheapish to heat)

You have your life planned then all your income to pay for mortgae and all the other necessary things til the day you retire (at a great age), release the equity and live well for a short while and die.

HOLA4410

Oh my effing lord - this has surely got to be one of those 'bump up the average asking price' wheezes.

A million quid? from pub - actually pefect state of mind to contemplate million pound shitholes in shitty watford.

It's actually 9 million. Don't want the hoi polloi having a cat in hells chance of buying it do we.

HOLA4411