House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iLegallyBlonde

Oh What A Beautiful Morning - Happy Days In The Ea's Office - Not

I am delighted to entertain you with more tales of despair and misery :D

Today we lost two sales, both at the lower end of the market and that will result in a chain of 6 collapsing.

The rentals section has let go a spotty faced teenage they recruited in January to "cope" with the increase in business.

A vendor offered me a meal out, money no object if I could sell "his bloody house" it's been on the market for 7 months.

A prestigous house that has been built on the main road into Heswall that has been around every agent in the area and is also to let, has dropped from £850k to £675k

Most of another prestigous road in our area seems to be up for sale -

Prices are high and they might sell but it seems to me the owners might be a) getting worried about interest rates, rising council tax etc etc

B) getting out whilst the going is good if they can.

Shall I do this weekly if the news is worthwhile ???

Edited by terrified

Guest Winners and Losers

Today we lost two sales, both at the lower end of the market and that will result in a chain of 6 collapsing.

The rentals section has let go a spotty faced teenage they recruited in January to "cope" with the increase in business.

A vendor offered me a meal out, money no object if I could sell "his bloody house" it's been on the market for 7 months.

A prestigous house that has been built on the main road into Heswall that has been around every agent in the area and is also to let, has dropped from £850k to £675k

Most of Oldfield Road, another prestigous road in our area seems to be up for sale -

example being http://www.clivewatkin.co.uk/full-details....ropertyid=86085

Prices are high and they might sell but it seems to me the owners might be a) getting worried about interest rates, rising council tax etc etc

Def do a weekly review Terrified - it will help to counter the likes of Spring In the Air. How is baby terrified? ;)

Edited by Winners and Losers

Hi, Yes I'm currently disguised as an EA :D

I won't name my employers, not that it would matter too much if I got a P45 I'm bored to tears most days anyway and do as many viewings as possible to keep away from my collegues to stop me strangling them.

The shite they talk is truely beyond belief - really appalling :o

Def do a weekly review Terrified - it will help to counter the likes of Spring In the Air. How is baby terrified? ;)

Cooking nicely I hope !!

Guest Winners and Losers

Cooking nicely I hope !!

:lol::lol:

We believe you, we hear it on here all the time. :rolleyes:

Guest muttley

Hi, Yes I'm currently disguised as an EA :D

I won't name my employers, not that it would matter too much if I got a P45 I'm bored to tears most days anyway and do as many viewings as possible to keep away from my collegues to stop me strangling them.

Cooking nicely I hope !!

Still, they must be doing well if they're taking more staff on.

For once I agree with you, there is a lot of it on here. In fact you can count the non-shite posters on the fingers of one hand.

If you can count using just your fingers you're way ahead of my collegues, their lips move whilst adding with a calculator, it's priceless.

Edited by terrified

Guest Winners and Losers

For once I agree with you, there is a lot of it on here. In fact you can count the non-shite posters on the fingers of one hand.

You love WAL SITA, there is no point in fighting it. :rolleyes:

If you can count using just your fingers you're way ahead of my collegues, their lips move whilst adding with a calculator, it's priceless.

Strange, my colleagues, well, underlings actually, can tell you the difference between a 1.55% commission and a 1.4% commission on a £429,950 sale quicker than you could get the calculator out of the drawer.

Native wit and shrewdness are two excellent qualities for a successful agent. Are you sure you're not working in one of those 'we'll sell your property for £99' places? They do get some drongos. I've met a lot of sharp operators in my time and I am not talking just about estate agents. Pal of mine sells veg on a number of market stalls and earns 2k cash a week. People like that would buy and sell you and you wouldn't even notice.

Most of Oldfield Road, another prestigous road in our area seems to be up for sale -

Great stuff - but cover your ass!

One of the houses you may talk about might be someone who reads this site, or finds out about it. Its not worth losing your job over it. Having a BEAR in the dark side is excellent, so please don't spoil it. I know your suffering for the cause but you will always be a matyr to the cause and be a HPC GURU!

Post stuff by all means, but change a few details, or be a bit vague. We know that your integrity is not in question. Your an Estate Agent ffs :)

TB

Strange, my colleagues, well, underlings actually, can tell you the difference between a 1.55% commission and a 1.4% commission on a £429,950 sale quicker than you could get the calculator out of the drawer.

Native wit and shrewdness are two excellent qualities for a successful agent. Are you sure you're not working in one of those 'we'll sell your property for £99' places? They do get some drongos. I've met a lot of sharp operators in my time and I am not talking just about estate agents. Pal of mine sells veg on a number of market stalls and earns 2k cash a week. People like that would buy and sell you and you wouldn't even notice.

Without giving too much away the company is independant and it employs ladies of a certain age of which I am the youngest at 30 and I'm considered a whipper snapper. As for commision there isn't any at all, it's an office pot which gets divided at the end of the month - wit and shrewness, well the HRT flushes are as hot as it gets I'm afraid.

I notice your friend hasn't decided to become an EA then ? More sense ? Can't take the pay cut ?

I used to live in Heswall. Go on ... give us a clue where you work :) Would love to pop in for a chat.

Unfortunately my website that monitors asking prices on rightmove in the NW doesn't quite stretch to most of Wirral, would have been interesting to see whats happening there ...

Jon

Great stuff - but cover your ass!

One of the houses you may talk about might be someone who reads this site, or finds out about it. Its not worth losing your job over it. Having a BEAR in the dark side is excellent, so please don't spoil it. I know your suffering for the cause but you will always be a matyr to the cause and be a HPC GURU!

Post stuff by all means, but change a few details, or be a bit vague. We know that your integrity is not in question. Your an Estate Agent ffs :)

TB

I know 2 couples in Oldfield :rolleyes: I know the owner/developer of the house on the Telegraph road and I`ll hazard a guess that the guy who offered the meal is into rugby in a big way? B) You should do a blog Angela ;)

Guest Bart of Darkness

Dinner? What a cheapskate. I'd insist on sleeping with his wife or, if she's old enough, his eldest daugter. :) Then we'd see how keen he was to sell.

Make it a regular feature, like the Friday Tax Abusers postings.

I know 2 couples in Oldfield :rolleyes: I know the owner/developer of the house on the Telegraph road and I`ll hazard a guess that the guy who offered the meal is into rugby in a big way? B) You should do a blog Angela ;)

Oh shit do you, I thought I was being quite vague oh well !

OK Lurker - are you Clive Watkin??

:)

TB

I think you`re spot on re "topping out", never seen so many 450k+ houses for sale, who is gonna buy? 150K for 1 more bedroom? <_<

OK Lurker - are you Clive Watkin??

:)

TB

:o:blink::o:blink:

Without giving too much away the company is independant and it employs ladies of a certain age of which I am the youngest at 30 and I'm considered a whipper snapper. As for commision there isn't any at all, it's an office pot which gets divided at the end of the month - wit and shrewness, well the HRT flushes are as hot as it gets I'm afraid.

I notice your friend hasn't decided to become an EA then ? More sense ? Can't take the pay cut ?

Let's just say he likes working outside, he likes working sensible hours and he likes, above all things, a business that deals in cash.

Hi Terrified,

Am very interested to hear that two sales have fallen through - can you post why? (Pls be discreet & change a few details, as wld hate for you to get found out!) Were any of them due to mortgage lenders not valuing the props high enough? I've been hearing this is now starting to happen, as surveyors get nervous over high prices - is that true?

What's your colleagues' take on why the prestigious houses aren't selling? Is it just price, or something else?

Any snippets you can offer into what EAs REALLY think about where the mkt is headed? Are they REALLY bullish deep down, or do they just reserve that bullsh!t for the punters?

Great stuff you being the insider - keep up the good work, but pls be careful you don't get caught!