House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
simon99

Tonight With Trev - Holiday Homes

Oh dear, a 1 million home will be 2 million in 5 years time apparently.

Wow! I want some of that action. SITA, where is your office? Lets talk biz. Mmm yeah, like that hair wax. Mmmm. Mano a mano. God yeh.

Oh dear, a 1 million home will be 2 million in 5 years time apparently.

Yep, could this be more scaremongering. Get on the ladder quick quick quick!!!

The bloke has a plot left to him by his grandfather, next to existing settlements... nimbies won't let him build! They obviously object seeing as these people spend the best part of 2 weeks a year in the neighbouring homes.

:rolleyes:

This is a joke, apparently the government/councils have tried to 'slow' 2nd home ownership by charging up to 90% of council tax. Lol, they'd charge 500% if they were even remotely bothered.

Edited by simon99

seems to be a lot of blow recently about affordable houses.

looks like becoming something bigger if those corrupt politicians did something about it

Its the bloody planning process thats the problem - they should just relax it completely until houses come down to an affordable level and then reapply it

fecking dinosaurs government is!!

If I was a local, I'd smash the windows in on a regular basis. Wreck the place.

Why? No single rain drop is responsible for the flood.

They tried this in Wales, IIRC. The UK population is well under the thumb, the only option is to leave... and then you'll be soon replaced by some keen Pole that doesn't understand the shortcomings of our system.

Edited by BuyingBear

Lol, it just said you cant stop people buying second homes. How about 50% stamp duty?

They'd simply use their child's 'allowance', what we're seeing is extreme margin borrowing... who can extract the most from the banks.

Its the bloody planning process thats the problem - they should just relax it completely until houses come down to an affordable level and then reapply it

That would destroy the value of the existing stock, and as was made clear in the programme; some people have bought multiple houses in any given village purely has a speculative investment.

The planning system is completely gridlocked and riddled with vested interests, it's like asking turkeys to vote for Christmas.

Hello all. Long time stalker of this website but first time poster... just had to add my bit about Tonight with Trevor. This program is utter crap and always has been. They jump on whatever bandwagon is around at the time, do a half-arsed report on it and never come to any conclusions. Perhaps Trevor could campaign for stricter rules on 2nd homes. He is a Knight of the Realm after all, shouldn't he have weapons, instead of just appearing smug at the start and end of his program each week?

The conclusion of their 'report' was to shrug and say, "oh well...".

:angry:

This is a joke, apparently the government/councils have tried to 'slow' 2nd home ownership by charging up to 90% of council tax. Lol, they'd charge 500% if they were even remotely bothered.

What's 90% council tax to a person who can spend £500k on a holiday home and only use it a few times a year?

The conclusion of their 'report' was to shrug and say, "oh well...".

ITV don't run the government (thank god), what do you expect them to do? They've highlighted a problem, one that politicans are vaguely aware of in the back of their minds. However, they don't need to care, doing something about this would be a net vote loser as poor old Jack and his family mean jack in electoral terms, they are in the minority. The only problems would stem from all the angry Jack's of this world causing trouble, which they won't do... or can't do as they'd just be arrested under some spurious law.

Edited by BuyingBear

If I was a local, I'd smash the windows in on a regular basis. Wreck the place.

Bast*rds would soon feck off! :angry:

That's what the Welsh did a couple of decades ago. I've been sat here shouting at my TV for the past 1/2 hour. Scumbag greedy b"st"ds....so 90% of a £1200 council tax is equal to the £200k+ required to put up a local family? B*ll*cks!!

And why should the indigenous population be forced into little box affordable housing while the good housing stands empty????

Come on people... the politicians and law makers are a part of this, so there is no alternative but to start FIGHTING back. If they have to replace the windows every 2 weeks, they'l soon get pissed off and find something or someone else to exploit.

Why is it that the more some people get, the more they want. Pure GREED!!!