House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ajh

"the Buck Stops Here"

Just wanted to get this one some exposure on the main forum before moving off topic.

I don't know if the UK news has been carrying the story of the unbelievable stuff-up over the first Australian death 'On Active Service' in Iraq. Would you believe the wrong coffin got put on a plane in Kuwait, so the funeral back in Oz had to be rescheduled :o?

Anyway, as an opposition party supporter from way back I have to very, very reluctantly admit in this case I have some respect for our Defence Minister, who flew out and personally delivered this ugly news to the soldier's family; and also our Prime Minister who was shortly thereafter woken out of sleep and went to the phone to take an outburst from the understandably enraged widow.

I can think of politicians in various countries who IMO would have stayed well clear of a situation like that and left the dirty work to underlings.