House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Australia Could Hike I R As Early As Next Week

http://www.smh.com.au/news/business/inflat...6198348578.html

Inflation, rumours fuel Aussie increase

By Jessica Irvine

April 29, 2006

SPECULATION interest rates could rise as early as next week has fired the Australian dollar to a three-month high.

http://www.theadvertiser.news.com.au/commo...55E2682,00.html

Pressure mounts on rates

By SCOTT MURDOCH

29apr06

HOUSE hunters are increasing the credit they use to buy property, placing further pressure on the future of national interest rates.
The appetite for credit among consumers remains strong,
with people still keen to spend more than they earn.
Economists consider the credit borrowing as a pointer to the health and future direction of Australian household budgets.
A staggering $579.4 billion has been lent by the banks to consumers to help fund the purchase of housing.
The result is 13 per cent higher on a year ago and was judged as being strong enough to start to worry the Reserve Bank.

Looks like the Aussies are as keen as Brits to spend more than we earn. That's what Miracle Economies are all about. You spend what you do not earn. Crash anybody?

Edited by Realistbear

Guest Winners and Losers

Gulp :unsure:

Like I have been saying, no matter how much they spin, the crash has been underway in Oz since 2004.

TTRTR - do you think I'll be able to raise my rents?? :unsure:

Gulp :unsure:

Like I have been saying, no matter how much they spin, the crash has been underway in Oz since 2004.

TTRTR - do you think I'll be able to raise my rents?? :unsure:

We're changing our tenants in Australia in the next month or two... I'll let you know how we get on.

Not a bad yield at the moment, better when leveraged.

Guest Winners and Losers

We're changing our tenants in Australia in the next month or two... I'll let you know how we get on.

Not a bad yield at the moment, better when leveraged.

Yeah, let me know. Thanks. Mine are staying on for another year. I guess the agents will let me know what is happening with rents. My yield is not abmysal, and am making sure that I am negative geared. Fingers crossed.