House Price Crash Forum

I know theres been many a false dawn but this really feels like the start of a slow but certain collapse in the property market.

Whats changed?

1. Sudden drop of in Nationwide fiures.

2. World Interest rates now on an ever increasing upward trend

3. Financial markets now pricing in IR rise's in the UK

4. Stories starting to appear in the media about IR rises, talk of a cut all but forgotten.

5. Fixed mortgage rates rising

6. Vey high oil prices can only contribute to inflation

Its been a long wait but I think we're here at last.

I know theres been many a false dawn but this really feels like the start of a slow but certain collapse in the property market.

Whats changed?

4. Stories starting to appear in the media about IR rises, talk of a cut all but forgotten.

Just waiting for number 7--the rush for the exits. TTRTR out in front.

Whats changed?

It does feel like its tipping. I am more positive than ever esp reading the threads today.

Yep. Sentiment has taken a sudden turn... but do expect lots of spin after the IR rate decision!

STOP PRESS!

With Halifax regional breakdown Q1-2006, it's past tipping point in my area!!!

Dont get too excited yet. We have seen many positive situations (for bears) turn around and become negatives or neutrals!

I6. Vey high oil prices can only contribute to inflation

Minor point but...... a high oil price is a deflationary force.

High oil prices are a resultant of inflation - i.e. an incresed money supply.

Anyway, FWIW I think the top is in!!!!

Guest Baffled_by_it_all

And what the housing market is at the moment is a big, unsustainable mess.

I won't waste any time praying for all those junior EA's who'll lose their jobs though.

I won't waste any time praying for all those junior EA's who'll lose their jobs though.

What are your thoughts on the juniors gimps, will they be safe. . . .

Would be interesting to know for Spring Is In The Airs sake?

:lol:

It amazes me how fast sentiment changes on this board, i think most of us consider ourselves informed compared to those we call sheeple but i remember just a few weeks back people on here were thinking its never going to happen.

I said then and ill say again now dont get too emotionally attached to it all (easier said than done for some) the outcome is inevitable, talking about it on here is just killing time.

Is it possible they would actually get more work as people frantically dump property on the market and start chasing prices down?

Or is it the auction houses who would be busier?

Guest Baffled_by_it_all

Don't worry about SIITA.

With his powerful deductive reasoning skills a job in a government think-tank can't be far away.

Either that or bog troll.

It does feel like its tipping. I am more positive than ever esp reading the threads today.

So no one here thinks that the Muppets might have been taken in by Kirsty and Phil?

Is this number 7 Or beginnings of?):

The Times: Landlords exit market

I've started a separate thread on that.

Landlords cash in
Many London buy-to-let investors are choosing to sell up. Paula Hawkins finds out why

But did you read the EA spin on this? Its causing a shortage of properties as Landlords run for the exits!

Landlords cash in
Many London buy-to-let investors are choosing to sell up. Paula Hawkins finds out why

But did you read the EA spin on this? Its causing a shortage of properties as Landlords run for the exits!

Sure. To be honest that makes sense. I understand in the last crash PROFESSIONAL landlords did well as rents went up as house prices crashed. Highly geared novice landlords are unlikely to want to put up with falling house prices now their capital is falling in value, or unable to due to interest rates/employment and head for the exits too. This seems to replicate what happened in the last HPC - professionals know what they're doing and cash in, amateurs get severely burnt.

For what it's worth, TTRTR seems to me to be a professional so I expect people who have been in this for a while will do OK. (I shall now hide in a trench to avoid the rotten vegetables being thrown at me).

Don't forget we keep hearing that landlords have replaced FTBs and are propping up the market. If landlords leave then the housing market has no support.

I don't think that an average price rise of £1500 feels like the start of a crash to me

2. World Interest rates now on an ever-increasing upward trend

Depends how far they go

Another 0.25% will not do it

Not very often on the BBC

Again only a small increase

6. Very high oil prices can only contribute to inflation

This may help but depends on how long they stay high - as there is no shortage of oil – don’t count your chickens before they have hatched

7 – we may get bird flu and die

You normally say that at the end of a prayer but that's what this site is really, a big prayer.

:lol: it is, of thanks, that all the idiots who believed the hype and fu** up the property market for everyone else out of pure greed, are finally beginning to suffer in the same way as those they don't give a toss about have been, kapiche?

Whats changed?

Its not happening day by day, week by week, month by month, or even year by year!

Property prices in some areas have been falling since spring 2004 but these can be easily masked and are difficult to see on graphs or other info. Looking at how prices are doing over short periods is like not seeing a forest because of the trees. At this moment we are still in a "bounce" situation (look back 2 weeks to forum posts) which I believe will die out within a couple of months. I think there will be a renewed feeling of doom and talk of imminent crashing as this "sucker rally" is seen for what it is and this will infact give more momentum to the downward trend. There are several other "bearish" events on the near horizon so price falls could (but not neccessarily) start speeding up in the autumn.

Its possible to see negative annual growth shown on certain VI indices by autumn, quite likely by winter and very likely by early next year...... and this will only be the start

So no one here thinks that the Muppets might have been taken in by Kirsty and Phil?

But if the muppets have been taken in by Kirsty and Phil, surely that would only result in a mini-boom in the "best" locations. What about the worst ones? How would it balance out?

Billy Shears

Guest Winners and Losers

I just found my 'I Told You So Banner'! - in the cellar. :ph34r::unsure: