House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ianbeale

Hpc Confidence Index May 06

HPC CONFIDENCE INDEX

The HPC confidece index was set up at the beginning of NOV 05.

Its purpose is to provide a MOM indication to monitor changes in sentiment of the members of this site by answering YES/NO the question below

DO YOU THINK THAT HPC IS DELIVERING TO YOUR EXPECTATIONS?

Current indicators are as follows (positive means the HPC is going well - sentiment improving)

CURRENT FIGURE ***MINUS 16.15*** DETERIATION OF 10.7 ON PREVIOUS MONTH

figure is derived as balance of people voting YES over 50%

see attchment for chart

figure monthly change

NOV O5 -3.74

DEC O5 8.95 12.69

JAN O6 -6.93 -15.88

FEB O6 -4.39 2.54

MAR O6 -5.45 -1.06

APR O6 -16.15 -10.7

HPC_CONFIDENCE_INDEX_CHART_TO_END_APR_06.doc

HPC_CONFIDENCE_INDEX_CHART_TO_END_APR_06.doc

I think I will backup what another poster put.

It will never deliver to my expectations until I have bought a property. That means I got the RIGHT house, at THE RIGHT TIME, for the RIGHT PRICE. So until we actuallly buy the answer will be MAINLY no?

You should probably change it to 'How confident are you of a correction in house prices. Thus enabling you to buy a house that you can both afford, and like?

* More confident than last month

* Less confident than last month

TB

SORRY TO P*SS ON YOUR BONFIRE.

The reason I say this that the last couple of days I am more confident of the crash but I am still no nearer to getting my house. So even though Im upbeat the answer is NO it is not meeting my expectations. Also no-one knows whats going to happen so how can we expect something that we dont expect????

Edited by teddyboy

I think I will backup what another poster put.

It will never deliver to my expectations until I have bought a property. That means I got the RIGHT house, at THE RIGHT TIME, for the RIGHT PRICE. So until we actuallly buy the answer will be MAINLY no?

You should probably change it to 'How confident are you of a correction in house prices. Thus enabling you to buy a house that you can both afford, and like?

* More confident than last month

* Less confident than last month

TB

SORRY TO P*SS ON YOUR BONFIRE.

The reason I say this that the last couple of days I am more confident of the crash but I am still no nearer to getting my house. So even though Im upbeat the answer is NO it is not meeting my expectations. Also no-one knows whats going to happen so how can we expect something that we dont expect????

You could have told him that last November when he had just started the bloody thing :rolleyes::lol:

edit: I voted 'yes' and dont think it needs to be changed

Edited by shakerbaby

naah!!!.it's just WE are being influenced by spin also.

the figures look bullish,they aren't really,but everyones taking a look at the headline figure and thinking,"********,crash is cancelled"

....surely that in itelf is a contrarian bear call!!

apom has seen that in 2005 less vat was taken by the government then in 2004.

That the birth rate for couples has almost dropped a child.

a union of two people now produces less then their own number.

House Price Crash...??

Yeah, we have that.. its obvious looking out of the window..

It's what else is crashing.. that is what concerns me...

in 30 years VAT has never done this,.,

As bad as it has been in 30 years never has less vatable money been spent..

and any of you who think that is not important..

apom has seen that in 2005 less vat was taken by the government then in 2004.

That the birth rate for couples has almost dropped a child.

a union of two people now produces less then their own number.

House Price Crash...??

Yeah, we have that.. its obvious looking out of the window..

It's what else is crashing.. that is what concerns me...

in 30 years VAT has never done this,.,

As bad as it has been in 30 years never has less vatable money been spent..

and any of you who think that is not important..

Does this not just mean CRASH GORDON will put up VAT???

Would not put it past him!!

TB

I had to vote yes not that it happening quick enough for me.

By using HPC I'm not sure you mean the event or the site, but both influence each other. You may say that this site is a pebble splash disturbing the ocean of greed and I would not disagree however it keeps me aware of happenings. And this is why it delivers to my expectations.

I had to vote yes not that it happening quick enough for me.

By using HPC I'm not sure you mean the event or the site, but both influence each other. You may say that this site is a pebble splash disturbing the ocean of greed and I would not disagree however it keeps me aware of happenings. And this is why it delivers to my expectations.

this poll is about the event, not the site

It's not very clear to me what yes and no mean in this poll?

th poll is aimed to be an overview of how you, as an idividual, think the HPC is going (the event not the website). Yes people dis it and say that it is not mesured aginst nothing tangible such as actual prices but its not meant to be, its a general overview.

if you think the HPC is moving in the right direction and the day when we can all buy a house for a reasonable amount of wedge is drawing closer then you vote yes.

if you think that HPI is here for ever and whatever commonsense tells you it is a hopeless situation that only ever seems to get worse then you vote no.

in summary put your hpc head on ad ask yourself AM I HAPPY???

th poll is aimed to be an overview of how you, as an idividual, think the HPC is going (the event not the website). Yes people dis it and say that it is not mesured aginst nothing tangible such as actual prices but its not meant to be, its a general overview.

if you think the HPC is moving in the right direction and the day when we can all buy a house for a reasonable amount of wedge is drawing closer then you vote yes.

if you think that HPI is here for ever and whatever commonsense tells you it is a hopeless situation that only ever seems to get worse then you vote no.

in summary put your hpc head on ad ask yourself AM I HAPPY???

Thanks - voted now

Keep forgetting to vote...

Please, stop listening to the VI spin.. for gods sake..

Amex, Nationwide, Mervin King and the IMF for gods sake..

What more do you need....???

the Queen to give a speech..??

and oh look, "prices going up" the land registry figures suddenly start being interpreted as a rise and now IR's may need to rise to combat this...

Some may still believe in the market, but the flat earth society still thinks elvis is alive... most don't care...

most should..

it's crashing.. have fun, party a little... if you can't settle down.. get down...:) you will never have this period of no responsibility and freedom again..

Who wants to own a house? a big weight around your neck...?

Its fine at long term average, but its the top of the cycle... buy when it's cheeper..

Until then.. waste your money on fast women and slow horses..

I was asked if I thought I was wasting my money on rent..

I had to reply the rent was a roof over my head, not a waste.. and that I was wasting my money on motorbikes, games consoles, alcohol and expensive shoes...

Its the attention to detail that separates the men from the boys..

No boom market has ever not crashed... what on gods green earth can the bulls say to that?

they will say stuff.. but the stuff they say is what they use to convince themselves that house purchases at twice the long term average (8 times salary against 4 times) is a great plan..

It's a great plan if you want to commit financial suicide.. not so great if you want to have a laugh..

I drive past the same row of empty new builds every day.. some for rent.. some for sale..

Some nothing.. just open curtains ... I see my parents neighbour's sold sign go and then change back into a for sale sign again.. over a year there now.. and another ladder gone..

With no inflation to spend and with equity getting mewed by the genious generation it is not only from the bottome that the market will break..

:)

ouch