House Price Crash Forum
Converted Lurker

Ok, No Prizes No Poll, But I`ve Just Heard "it"

The World Cup would be my guess.

Ladbrokes are building new offices everywhere, sky HD being launched, previously "non-football" pubs putting in large screens (Exhibit in Balham actually built a whole new floor on top for a "cinema" room).

Disposable time and income will be at a premium during the month of June and early July.

:P we`ve had the odd slap on the wrist/quizical look, but with 100K visitors a month not quite that influential ...yet ;)

still not 100,001 visitors a month though. :lol::P

Guest Bart of Darkness

England do badly in the World Cup.

England do well in the World Cup.

Millions lose sleep over the identity of the new England manager, thus waking up too late to get to EAs.

(I like the bee invaision theory though)

Guest Charlie The Tramp

A 0.25% back to back rate rise in June and July, due to oil prices going through the roof ? :unsure:

Brown's "window tax" will be more readily accepted by the masses with bright sunlight streaming though them, as in "oh well - it's worth it - look at the otherwise free sunshine I'm getting...".

Best avoid buying until the winter when we can have a riot for paying tax on a bleak snow scene...