House Price Crash Forum
mosstrooper

"housing Boom Over"

thats right - its official - its over. the fylde local had that for its headline.

i actually am beginning to sense a big change of sentiment in the last couple of weeks.

one estate agent had a load of properties reduced at the start of april, but last week none were marked reduced. this week he has some of them reduced AGAIN - two reductions in 5 weeks for several properties!!

i think they can see what is coming - get rid quick or else ?

i also notice a massive increase in rental property in the last couple of weeks.

something big is coming. its definately wobbling. its getting exciting.

thats right - its official - its over. the fylde local had that for its headline.

i actually am beginning to sense a big change of sentiment in the last couple of weeks.

one estate agent had a load of properties reduced at the start of april, but last week none were marked reduced. this week he has some of them reduced AGAIN - two reductions in 5 weeks for several properties!!

i think they can see what is coming - get rid quick or else ?

i also notice a massive increase in rental property in the last couple of weeks.

Keep that spare pair of underpants handy just in case you get over exited.

It is looking good, but some time will be needed.

I'm lazing back in a hammock watching my depsit grow, prices fall and feeling less in debt already.

keep 'em posted. :D

Keep that spare pair of underpants handy just in case you get over exited.

Or even excited. Exited is what you should've done if you have any property, pronto.

sentiment has turned i think. both sharp and recent and the whole country has become more sensitive to politics. they are waking up from the night before. ....next to a huge ex convict called jeff debt, whos ready for a reacharound !!!

mother !!!

I have to admit to being a little excited with prices around here down 7% in the last quarter according to the ODPM stats. However, I believe 10% is more like it as the local papers fill with properties with so many "no upward chain" and "Surprisingly back on the market" listings. The bubble has a bad case of the wobbles and when it goes it will take a lot down with it, including sterling.

It's more than wobbling ...in Fylde: 6.6% down last year

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/in_d...ml/county48.stm

But check out price rises in other areas of Lancashire. Bull heaven. Will Rosendale's local rag have a similar headline? Doubtful and with good reason.

Edited by Baz63

The sentiment certainly turned last night....

had dinner at my wife’s sisters (BTL’s early in 2001)

Conversation turned as usual to property (yawn)

“Have you seen anything yet!”

“You should have bought last year”

“Don’t stay out of the market another year, they’re going to shoot up again!”

Armed with a print out of LR, I showed my sister-in-law some evidence of

properties I’ve been following down the ‘crash path’.

Silence... (thoughtful silence)

One of the best dinners I’ve had there for years,

left feeling great. :)

At the risk of being called rude names, if you are in an area where property is wobbling and prices are down, I would strongly suggest you buy. We had that in 2004 and 2005 but we are now back in boom mode and those small drops have been reversed.

Time to take the plunge.

Bugger, I can't resist it. If you don't buy now, you'll be priced out forever. :)

At the risk of being called rude names, if you are in an area where property is wobbling and prices are down, I would strongly suggest you buy. We had that in 2004 and 2005 but we are now back in boom mode and those small drops have been reversed.

Time to take the plunge.

Bugger, I can't resist it. If you don't buy now, you'll be priced out forever. :)

:lol::lol::lol:

You're even funnier than Badger! :lol:

It's more than wobbling ...in Fylde: 6.6% down last year

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/in_d...ml/county48.stm

But check out price rises in other areas of Lancashire. Bull heaven. Will Rosendale's local rag have a similar headline? Doubtful and with good reason.

I live in Rossendale. I regularly travel to Burnley and Halifax. From my observations (prices in local papers, For Sale/Sold signs etc.) the housing market wobbled remarkably during the winter months. I noticed a steady number of 'asking price reductions' and many houses remained on the market for several months. The Calder Valley market seemed to be the worst.

However, there appears to have been a 'spring recovery'. I have noticed that 'Sold signs' are going up all over the place. There are also a lot of 'new builds' going up. A new build development, in Luddeden Foot had sold all but one of it's houses in quick time. Most people round here are totally oblivious to the possibility of a housing market crash. Prices are still at extremely high levels. Common sense is in very low supply.

The main 'cloud on the horizon' is the growing debt levels in the area. The front page of this weeks local newspaper has the Debt Problem as it's main heading. Apparently, the local citizens advice bureau have had a doubling in the the number of people with debt problems in the last year. It has £3million worth of people with debt problems on it's books alone. This is probably just the tip of the iceberg. Many people that I know, don't see debt as a problem.

The current situation is obviously unsustainable. Perhaps it can be prolonged for two or three more years (at most) by benign government policies. However, I think that Rossendale, like many other parts of the country will be in for a long grinding recession and a tough lesson on the effects of letting spending get out of control.

Guest The_Oldie

Time to take the plunge.

Really? :lol:. Usual Estate Agent rubbish :rolleyes:.

I beg to differ.

"But check out price rises in other areas of Lancashire. Bull heaven

MMmmm... Burnley, Chorley, Preston, Lovely. Arent the worse areas supposed to go up last and come down hardest ?"

these grey northern crack-dens are chav - infested sh*t holes that i wouldnt wish on my worst enemy

Time to take the plunge.

The Litmus Test for deliberating if it is good judgement to take advice from an estate agent is.....

It does not matter at which point in the housing market cycle you ask an estate agent.....is it a good time to buy....the answer will always be YES

Everything they say, everything they do is for the sole purpose of selling property, PERIOD.

I rest my case.

Edited by Catch22

Really? :lol:. Usual Estate Agent rubbish :rolleyes:.

I beg to differ.

You can beg as much as you like mate, it won't make a jot of difference to the housing market.

The Litmus Test for deliberating if it is good judgement to take advice from an estate agent is.....

It does not matter at which point in the housing market cycle you ask an estate agent.....is it a good time to buy....the answer will always be YES

Everything they say, everything they do is for the sole purpose of selling property, PERIOD.

I rest my case.

You lot really crack me up. Talk about completely and utterly deluded. Do you think estate agents are social workers? If someone walks into my office and says 'What have you got FOR SALE' and I say 'Tell you what squire, it's not a good time to buy now, market is due a bit of correction, come back in a couple of years.'

Firstly, they would, quite rightly, send for the lads with white coats.

Secondly, I'd go out of business ( .... space here for comments and cheers .... )

Thirdly, my client, the person I have entered into a contract with to SELL their house, would probably sue me.

Cars do down in value do they not?

So I go into a car showroom and say 'I'm interested in that Ford Focus' and the salesman says to me 'You don't want to buy a Ford Focus mate, nip over the Volkswagen showroom, a Golf will depreciate less than a Focus and you'll get more back when you trade in in a few years.' And I say, 'Cheers pal, thanks for the heads up!'

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You lot are priceless!

You can beg as much as you like mate, it won't make a jot of difference to the housing market.

You lot really crack me up. Talk about completely and utterly deluded. Do you think estate agents are social workers? If someone walks into my office and says 'What have you got FOR SALE' and I say 'Tell you what squire, it's not a good time to buy now, market is due a bit of correction, come back in a couple of years.'

Secondly, I'd go out of business ( .... space here for comments and cheers .... )

Thirdly, my client, the person I have entered into a contract with to SELL their house, would probably sue me.

So I go into a car showroom and say 'I'm interested in that Ford Focus' and the salesman says to me 'You don't want to buy a Ford Focus mate, nip over the Volkswagen showroom, a Golf will depreciate less than a Focus and you'll get more back when you trade in in a few years.' And I say, 'Cheers pal, thanks for the heads up!'

You lot are priceless!

Um.. I think you are missing the point are you not. Catch22 is saying that EAs will always tell you it is a good idea to buy a house. You've just comfirmed that. What's your point?

You lot are priceless!

Fair enough but saying people will be priced out forever is being rather deceptful - but then you are an estate agent

:lol:

Guest The_Oldie

You said

If you don't buy now, you'll be priced out forever.

I can assure you that is absolute rubbish.

Why are you EAs so bloody patronising?

I went into one last year and said I was interested in 4 - 5 bedroom houses in the region of £xxx. The EA asked if I had my mortgage in place and when I answered "no" she replied "not very organised are you?" My reply, as I got up to leave, was "Why would I need a mortgage when I have the cash in the Bank?"

You lot are priceless!

"Activate Estate Agent Bultsh*t Filter. V1.19...."

"Activated."

Um.. I think you are missing the point are you not. Catch22 is saying that EAs will always tell you it is a good idea to buy a house. You've just comfirmed that. What's your point?

Maybe his point is that he is happy to spend his precious life in a job which requires him to lie and which has deceit at its very core.... which says a lot about the degree of notice we should be taking of him. Just the smallest shred of evidence to back up his claims would be interesting...