House Price Crash Forum

I just caught a "report" on Channel 5 news which I think is produced by Sky.

Anyways, they were highlighting the plight of FTBs and how so many are now relying on parents to help them out.

Their solution for those "not luck enough to have parents able to do this" was to buy with friends. You must make sure you know them well and draw up a contract they said.

They also mentioned "no signs of a housing slowdown" (WTF!!!) and it's not going to get any easier to buy in the future (WTF2!!!).

Anybody else see this unmitigated nonsense?

Wish I'd paid more attention so's I could complain properly.

NDL

Edit: I've just looked at their website and they have a news story about "Static property prices" and weakening market. So what is it Channel 5? :angry:

Edited by New Darker Law

Anyways, they were highlighting the plight of FTBs and how so many are now relying on parents to help them out.

Their solution for those "not luck enough to have parents able to do this" was to buy with friends. You must make sure you know them well and draw up a contract they said.

They also mentioned "no signs of a housing slowdown" (WTF!!!) and it's not going to get any easier to buy in the future (WTF2!!!).

NDL

If there are parents out there who cant help their children I want to know what the greedy so and sos have been doing witheir MEW.

NDL

Edit: I've just looked at their website and they have a news story about "Static property prices" and weakening market. So what is it Channel 5? :angry:

That's what happens when you have journalists with libral arts degrees reporting on economics. See also BBC News :lol:

Edited by 737

NDL

This buying with friends getting money of parents is mainly hitting the news `cos B&B sent us all this today

43% of first time buyers have nearly given up - You Gov/Bradford & Bingley survey on first time buyers

Most media/news outlets used it in a positive sense unfortunately, as though it was somehow OK :(

At least in the future you won't be able to say you had no warning....

Yes, we could end up having to buy in places where prices go down, like Wandsworth. The horror....

Billy Shears

At least in the future you won't be able to say you had no warning....

Go for it TTRTR - what is your prediction for the English house market over the next 3 years.

Indulge me and get a job for Ch 5.

Edited by music man

There is simply no way that house prices can continue to go up period. Fundamentals ALWAYS win in the long term. This economy is ripe for a crash. How the heck can anyone expect prices to keep rising with massive increases in utility bills, petrol, council tax etc etc... Its only sentiment that keeps it bumping along at the top, but that won't last IMO.

This report was also mentioned on radio 2. The newsreader, and Chris Evans had a bit of a chat about it. She (the newsreader - sorry don't know her name) said - "can't these parents who are helping out their children, and the buy to leter's see they are just fueling the market". Chris Evans then said "I know, there are 1 bedroomed flats by me that are on for £400,000 - it's rediculous. Somethings got to give." And one of them mentioned about it not being sustainable. This isn't quote perfect, but it's roughly what they said. Did anyone else hear this?

Fickle - mindedness

Change their minds more often than a blonde bimbo in a Stud farm

"Oh when they were up they were up!

And when they were down, they were down!!

And when they were only halfway up they were neither up nor down!"

Edited by A Fool & His Borrowed Money

Grow, grow I say, grow!!!!

I think there's more chance that your ***** will grow grow grow to John Holmes proportions than house prices will grow grow grow over the next five years.

Billy Shears

Edited by BillyShears

This report was also mentioned on radio 2. The newsreader, and Chris Evans had a bit of a chat about it. She (the newsreader - sorry don't know her name) said - "can't these parents who are helping out their children, and the buy to leter's see they are just fueling the market". Chris Evans then said "I know, there are 1 bedroomed flats by me that are on for £400,000 - it's rediculous. Somethings got to give." And one of them mentioned about it not being sustainable. This isn't quote perfect, but it's roughly what they said. Did anyone else hear this?

When someone as daft and loaded as GingerTosser (as I like to call him) spots that prices are ridiculously high then you know there's something in it!

Reminds me, I once walked into a pub and was blown away by this absolute stunner in there, and then I noticed this dickhead lording it over his minions who was with her. Yep you've guessd it, Chris and Billie (I'm not even a fan, but she is STUNNING in the flesh).

Ive always found Billie rather odd looking. But in a recent doctor who episode she started talking with a plummy voice as her body was taken over by the mind of another woman. Weirdly I found her attractive. Must be something to do with posh tottie. Ouch. Did I say that?

Does she look chavvy IRL ? I guess not.