House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Surrey cash buyer

Tiny Number Of March Completions

I noticed last night that March completions had appeared on my favourite house price web site and checked out my local area. I noticed that there were not very many but put this down to lack of activity around Christmas time.

I've just checked a few post codes again and found that around here the volume of completed sales in March appears to be 40-50% down on last March.

Have I discovered something significant here? Or is that all the latest month's sales data doesn't get loaded up all at one.

There have been 10 properties sold in the village where we live in in 2006. Apparently.

However, traditionally, very little ever comes on the market here, anything that did was snapped up immediately, but that is changing now. One house I know of - ex LA house- has been on for 14 months. Most unusual for this area...

For the last 2 years there were 155 sales (inc the 10 above)

Edited by libitina

I've just checked a few post codes again and found that around here the volume of completed sales in March appears to be 40-50% down on last March.

'Fraid there definately is a lag. The March completions just released will only be around 50% of those that eventually come out for the month. For example, there were around 200 transactions logged for Milton Keynes for February. With the latest update the number of Feb completions has jumped to near 400.

'Fraid there definately is a lag. The March completions just released will only be around 50% of those that eventually come out for the month. For example, there were around 200 transactions logged for Milton Keynes for February. With the latest update the number of Feb completions has jumped to near 400.

`ang on a mo..surely if we`re comparing YoY, then it doesn`t matter? This time last year there were 25% more sales...no? :huh:

ang on a mo..surely if we`re comparing YoY, then it doesn`t matter? This time last year there were 25% more sales...no?

All the completions for March 2005 will already be logged, whereas we've only got around half those for March 2006, so we can't compare the two sets of volumes- yet. By mid-summer all the March 2006 will be logged, so then it's fair to compare them with 2005.

The way the figures dribble out makes any sort of analysis quite difficult. :(