House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mushroom

"dispatches" Channel 4 9.00pm Tonight.

please dont watch information tv.

unless you want to be programmed like a crude simon.

'must walk enmasse like a demonstration of frankenstiens,.'

must consume. nectar nectar. colleen...colleen.....poshspice poshspice.

shop charge shop. shop charge shop.

watch consumers. enjoy. coca cola is it. no it really really is.

you need nothing else. just shop AND shut up.

What are they doing?

Undercover report on the coppers. Apparently they are a bunch of stupid lazy bastards (don't believe it myself). :P

Undercover report on the coppers. Apparently they are a bunch of stupid lazy bastards (don't believe it myself). :P

This is news? :rolleyes:

the police could do a much better job were it not for f***wit politicians screwing it all up with useless legislation.I feel sorry for the police.they have a pretty awful job really,not made any better by our illustrious leaders adding more fuel to the fire with easier booze,gambling,drugs etc.

.....to me it has undertones of an acrimonious divorce between messrs Blair....both PR machines hard at work trying to pin the blame on each other.

Might be worth watching.

It was covered on Jeremy Vine prog on Radio 2.

Vine spoke to the Chief Constable of Leciestershire Constabularly who wittered on about how if "colleagues" had misbehaved they would be dealt with.

Excuse me, he is the Boss and he hasn't put in place a management structure that ensures his "colleagues" do their job. Ergo he should go.

Echoes of a certain Home Secretary?

the police could do a much better job were it not for f***wit politicians screwing it all up with useless legislation.I feel sorry for the police.they have a pretty awful job really,not made any better by our illustrious leaders adding more fuel to the fire with easier booze,gambling,drugs etc.

.....to me it has undertones of an acrimonious divorce between messrs Blair....both PR machines hard at work trying to pin the blame on each other.

Well, I'm half way through the programme and it has absolutely nothing to do with politicians. Just lazy, thick policemen.

I totally agree with the targets bit. Totally demoralising and leads to targetting the easiest crimes!

But they share out the bonuses anyway...

The setting of targets has this effect, wherever people can get away with it, in all industries.

The end of the program was interesting.

When the chief constable was asked about all the paperwork involved - and he put it down to proving accountability. He reckoned those that expressed concerns about it needed converting.

I bet he votes labour. He sounded like Blair. He makes his mind up, those who disagree need converting, not listening to.

Is leadership the main problem in this country? From government down to businesses?

Have leaders forgot how to listen?

That solicitor bloke in the program said something similar. He was talking about how his industry were pointing out to government ministers that the system is full of inefficiency - but basically said that nobody is willing to listen.

Might be worth watching.

It was covered on Jeremy Vine prog on Radio 2.

Vine spoke to the Chief Constable of Leciestershire Constabularly who wittered on about how if "colleagues" had misbehaved they would be dealt with.

Excuse me, he is the Boss and he hasn't put in place a management structure that ensures his "colleagues" do their job. Ergo he should go.

Echoes of a certain Home Secretary?

If you stop an d think about just how bloody useless most people are would you like to take the wrap for every gormlous erection who works under you?

that has to suck..!

Have you noticed how the cops all drive around in beemers these days. I think this debt and image fuelled society has now permeated throughout every area of the UK psyche.

Also, the obsession with targets and paperwork ends up costing far more than any inefficiencies this micro-management is supposed to be saving. Get them out from behind the desks and back on the streets where they can make a difference.

TLM

I bet he votes labour. He sounded like Blair. He makes his mind up, those who disagree need converting, not listening to.

Which one?

Is leadership the main problem in this country? From government down to businesses?

Have leaders forgot how to listen?

Absolutely. The problem is not just that leaders have forgotten how to listen. They have forgotten how to lead.

If you stop an d think about just how bloody useless most people are would you like to take the wrap for every gormlous erection who works under you?

that has to suck..!

That is the point of a management structure.

To weed out those you so eloquently describe.

However, if you are correct in your assessment of the majority and I am not entirely anti that view, let's admit it and give up the farce of pretending that "targets" or any other system can change that.

Then muddle along.