House Price Crash Forum
BearLite

Bbc Afternoon News

Thought it would be the same old spin...

Newsreader told us that with houses increasing, ftb only chance is if parents help out their kids. Then there was an interview with a ftb who told us of her fustration and anger at not being able to get on the ladder without help.

Some guy gave us a plastic pyramid demo. showing how it had changed and that parents and btl are now propping up the most crucial stage- the bottom.

Some other guy (sorry in bed with cold, mabye and estate agent) added that if was unfair that only ftb with rich parents are getting a foot on the ladder.

Newsreader said 'unless prices come down' situation would get worse (to that effect)

Did you see the mum lending the girl money (The one who wants to buy a decent house, in a decent area at a decent price) seemed to be saying the daughter wasn't keen to borrow money?

It was good stuff.

The mum said she was glad to help out but her daughter was reticent about the situation. Daughter is justifably psst off with hpi.

It was on telly. On the BBC. :o:)

No mention of todays of todays Nationwide figures btw. I thought it was a blatant attempt to keep the ball

rolling by encouraging parents to help their kids out financialy in buying a house.

Anyone with half a brain is going to realise that if they help their kids out this way, they are only ones holding house prices up.

No mention of todays of todays Nationwide figures btw. I thought it was a blatant attempt to keep the ball

rolling by encouraging parents to help their kids out financialy in buying a house.

Anyone with half a brain is going to realise that if they help their kids out this way, they are only ones holding house prices up.

hi fudge

did you notice there were 124 (count 'em!) pages in the chronicle & echo property supplement last night?

AFAIK it has never been so big :P

Bradford and Bingley Building Society " 42% of FTB'ers are helped by parents ............93% of which withdraw savings and 3% Mew on their house"

When this Bubble pops...............which it will because one by one every last attempt to wring more mileage out of house prices will be fully exhausted.............it's going to be very very messy......................Indeed instead of reaching for the stars, it may be more "prudent" to adopt "The Crash Position" :rolleyes:

After all Markets always Crash from peaks

hi fudge

did you notice there were 124 (count 'em!) pages in the chronicle & echo property supplement last night?

AFAIK it has never been so big :P

I get the Kettering Evening Telegraph cause its more the area I will be buying into when I buy.

This is the same though, more and more new instructions, reduced and new price, the pages advertising

new property is ridiculous. Ive said it before and I will say it again, the last time I remember it being like this

is 1990.

...dit dit...here is the news.....

(safely hidden under this desk.)

and here is 'your' news from the bbc team. with me mike dingcherry and me neenanana noo noo.

(insert mindless crap here)

and close....

(well doen everybody)

fade out.

and now ant weather.....with powergen. the people that are f*cking it up.