House Price Crash Forum

284 Site Users (175 Guests)

HOLA441

This is the largest number of users I've seen yet.

And I've noticed that the proportion of guest visitors has grown recently.

In part probably due to the website change and better positioning of the forum link on front page. Is there another reason - more desperate FTBs looking for enlightenment?

KEEP SPREADING THE WORD EVERYONE!

Just spotted 297 - are we going to break 300?

Edited by munimula

HOLA442
Guest Winners and Losers

This is the largest number of users I've seen yet.

And I've noticed that the proportion of guest visitors has grown recently.

In part probably due to the website change and better positioning of the forum link on front page. Is there another reason - more desperate FTBs looking for enlightenment?

KEEP SPREADING THE WORD EVERYONE!

Just spotted 297 - are we going to break 300?

I think there has been loads more members joining too. Graph anyone?

HOLA443
HOLA444
Guest Winners and Losers

It just hit 299 (12:26) then dropped to 298.

Looks like the 300 barrier may be broken soon.

358 active in last 15 mins.

HOLA445

looks like a recent spike matching a drop in popularity in singingpig, the site was more popular mid march. Choose the sixth month option to get a nice clean graph.

Recent HPC against singing pig :

http://www.alexaholic.com/housepricecrash....k?y=r&r=5y&z=30

Longterm HPC against singing pig :

http://www.alexaholic.com/housepricecrash....k?y=r&r=5y&z=30

Edited by moosetea

HOLA446
HOLA447

But what effect on anything does a few hundred people hovering around on here, posting the same old, same old, same old, same old arguments?

Is this place a constant, mutual re-assurance society? That is not a criticism. I just wonder what you guys that have thousands of posts under your belts get out of it.

Don't turn the question round either. I come here, as stated before, partly for a laugh and partly because of the fascinating insight it gives into herd behaviour.

HOLA448

Is this place a constant, mutual re-assurance society?

Something like that. It's a refuge from the brainwashed views of the majority.

That is not a criticism. I just wonder what you guys that have thousands of posts under your belts get out of it.

over 200 posts in under a month - it won't take you long

HOLA449
Guest Winners and Losers

But what effect on anything does a few hundred people hovering around on here, posting the same old, same old, same old, same old arguments?

Is this place a constant, mutual re-assurance society? That is not a criticism. I just wonder what you guys that have thousands of posts under your belts get out of it.

Don't turn the question round either. I come here, as stated before, partly for a laugh and partly because of the fascinating insight it gives into herd behaviour.

It makes you wonder, doesnt it? :rolleyes:

HOLA4410

I suspect there may be others, like me, who visit and perhaps post on, a wide variety of sites as a means of, how shall I phrase this?, furthering our understanding of the undercurrents at work.

HOLA4411

I come here, as stated before, partly for a laugh and partly because of the fascinating insight it gives into herd behaviour.

Strange how you state the exact reason why I read your posts. No malice intended to you of course.

In my opinion the irony about herd behaviour is that each member of the herd believes him/herself to be a free thinker.

HOLA4412

In my opinion the irony about herd behaviour is that each member of the herd believes him/herself to be a free thinker.

Yup and the success of the modern marketing machine, including politics, has been to convince people that "you are an individual", while persuading them to consume the same, albeit slightly differentiated, products.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

The last thing I want to do is effect anything. Because that means I would have to change my portfolio.

I just post here to try and point out certain things that I feel never get fully explained on the street or in the pub.

Mainly because the peoplee who are aware of such things, struggle like hell to explain them without resorting to boring jargon and complex reasoning. And an audience who takes an interest in such things is a very rare phenomenom indeed.

I like hearing other peoples views when I try and highlight certain things, because I'm trying to understand what they do or do not know. I have plenty of capacity for learning too.

It's all about training monkeys.

HOLA4418

Well ladeedaa aren't you oh so clever. What a twattish contribution.

Might I suggest that if you want to witness herd behaviour, check out the sheeple knocking their pans in

to get on the ladder before, y'know, its too late because, y'know, prices only ever go up etc.

HOLA4419
Guest Winners and Losers

Well ladeedaa aren't you oh so clever. What a twattish contribution.

Might I suggest that if you want to witness herd behaviour, check out the sheeple knocking their pans in

to get on the ladder before, y'know, its too late because, y'know, prices only ever go up etc.

Surely SITA is seeing herd behaviour demonstrated on a daily basis? Why would he need any further insight from here? :rolleyes:

HOLA4420