House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sam

Asked Sky To Do A Poll

Sky love their polls, i have just emailed and suggested they do one on where do people prefer to live, BTL or their own home.

The sooner we start getting a few "The evils of BTL story" on the news, the sooner this obscene business can be halted. Before TTRTR comes in, yes it is obscene mate, most people want to buy their own homes but are unable because BTL scum are playing their get rich quick schemes, and then trying their hardest to screw us on the rent.

I have never wished povety on anyone, but for these scum i can't wait.

WE DO NOT WANT BTL IN THIS COUNTRY, STOP TRYING TO MAKE A LIVING OF OUR BACKS, SCUM.

Guest Winners and Losers

Sky love their polls, i have just emailed and suggested they do one on where do people prefer to live, BTL or their own home.

The sooner we start getting a few "The evils of BTL story" on the news, the sooner this obscene business can be halted. Before TTRTR comes in, yes it is obscene mate, most people want to buy their own homes but are unable because BTL scum are playing their get rich quick schemes, and then trying their hardest to screw us on the rent.

I have never wished povety on anyone, but for these scum i can't wait.

WE DO NOT WANT BTL IN THIS COUNTRY, STOP TRYING TO MAKE A LIVING OF OUR BACKS, SCUM.

Without BTL Sam I would have nowhere to live while I save my money and avoid paying interest to the bank. You can't blame people for making money of BTL, the situation is so much broader than just that.

Is that cheque in the post yet TTRTR? ;)

Without BTL Sam I would have nowhere to live while I save my money and avoid paying interest to the bank. You can't blame people for making money of BTL, the situation is so much broader than just that.

Is that cheque in the post yet TTRTR? ;)

Not to the degree we have now, BTL is being peddled to the point where everyone must have have at least one.

Of course we must have some rented housing, it will allways suit a small minority in the UK, but now it is a case of MUST for a lot of people, not if.

British culture is to own their own place(and i think that is a good thing personally), BTL are now holding guns to our heads and saying that if you want to own it is going to cost you.

BTL(rented) or whatever you want to call it is a lifestyle a few of us try before we settle down, and it is fine for a few years, but as a way of life, NO.

I prefer renting myself...

Not so sure that it is "British Culture" to own - well, maybe only since Thatcher?

When you read your Jane Austen (one of the best bits of British/ English culture, so I am sure that you are a big fan of her work) many of her characters lease houses, rather than own. Or the house comes with the job (rectories/ vicarages) E.g. the start of Pride & Prejudice, Mr Bingley leases the local mansion. Not to mention all the farm workers in their tied cottages.