House Price Crash Forum

None Of This Should Be Happening

sam

HOLA441

Sam will never learn patience...

Doesnt this look like it had a brief plateau at the top too?

japanland7ty.jpg

I love that graph, sent it to all my irish mates with no commentary.

They cant say I didn't tell them. ;)

Am i right in thinking that HPI has never fallen below zero in the US as a whole Bubb?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
HOLA443

Got me thinking — maybe "Timothys" will be the new paradigm. People forced to live with their parents, only ever becoming OOs when the old dears pop their cogs and leave them the family two-up two-down.

Ahem, there is renting, cheaper than OO, if youve got the discipline to invest.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

You'd have to have been going some to grow an investment from scratch worth more than inheriting your folks pile for nowt.

Seamaster, does your name indicate knowledge of the high seas?

I ask because Im contemplating a new investment. Im being offered a brand new marina berth for £16000. Its 12 metres. I have no knowledge of boats but Im told it will rent for a packet once the development is fully built in 2009. Its just South of Spain in a mega development being built in Morocco.

HOLA448
HOLA449

Can you explain the graph SM and why it couldn't happen here or in Spain or Ireland?

You'll like this. I'll take the Pavlovian response. Look at the "economic cycles" of those countries. It's never happened. Ergo, never will.

The deep seas, I'm afraid. Sorry I can't be of help.

Edited by Seamaster

HOLA4410

the whole system is a joke - working, pensions, property - it's not worth working your **** off for

Exactly!

Work should only be part of your plan. Ive spent the last few years taking investment risks I could ill - afford. When discussing such ventures people have 2 distinct responses:

1) They glaze over, not remotely interested, not even a flicker of a thought along the lines of 'mm if I just bury my head in the sand and keep working, things may pass me by, perhaps I should spend some real energy and time on seeking wealth building investments beyond poxy savings plans'

2) The other small group are interested and recognise it is vital they at least consider ways of building wealth other than work. They recognise that no matter how difficult we all have this choice.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

I ask because Im contemplating a new investment. Im being offered a brand new marina berth for £16000. Its 12 metres. I have no knowledge of boats but Im told it will rent for a packet once the development is fully built in 2009. Its just South of Spain in a mega development being built in Morocco.

I don,t think you would need to be a submarine captain to get a feel for the area if I were you I would go and take a look yourself and get an idea wether this is a viable proposition?

DYOR is the golden investment rule be it stocks housing etc etc...after all you know where those blokes selling gold chains on Spanish beaches are from :o

HOLA4413

DYOR is the golden investment rule be it stocks housing etc etc...after all you know where those blokes selling gold chains on Spanish beaches are from :o

Always do, but on the other hand most people Ive met who've made a lot of money from property and other ventures are just 'suck it and see'rs', where as the more pessimistic thorough types tend always to find reasons not to invest.

Fund managers do thier homework yet many call it wrong time and time again.

There's more to investing than formulaiec research.

I didnt research my best ever investment property, it just felt right.

Ever seen the Dirt Harry Films/ Gut feel and nouse often cut - it where the academic / research route doesnt.

HOLA4414

Ever seen the Dirt Harry Films/ Gut feel and nouse often cut - it where the academic / research route doesnt.

You do know they're just films don't you? They're just pretending...

Take your point other than that though. There's a cracking poem by Ethan Coen called "The Drunken Driver Has The Right Of Way" - "The loudest has the final say,/ The wanton win, the rash hold sway,/ The realist's rules of order say/ The drunken driver has the right of way. etc etc" Shouldn't be true, but often is.

HOLA4415

Sam will never learn patience...

Doesnt this look like it had a brief plateau at the top too?

japanland7ty.jpg

Not seen that before Dr Bubb, i was always under the impression that japan hit peak then whooossshhhh, thanks for that.

Oh, and trust me i am patient NOW, along with yourself(and i do agree with you on this one) i am now certain we will get a substantial crash/correction, but it is going to take a good few years, maybe even decades.

HOLA4416

Someone said 8% to 10% by August. Already happened where we are based. At least 8% up since Christmas. Property on an estate we sold just before Christmas went for £330k. Just put an identical one on at £360k and will be very surprised if we don't sell it this weekend for very close to asking - or even over. Had a couple lately that we have been able to negotiate above asking as there have been more than two offers on the table.

Edited by Spring In The Air

HOLA4417
Guest Winners and Losers

Nice one MAS - mutual appreciation society?

Are you jealous? Something that you have never been able to find here eh? ;)

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Having now spent nearly 3 weeks as an Estate Agent (how much more I can stomach I don't know) I can happliy report 3 facts.

There are no FTB left in this area, everyone buying in the 100 - 250K are pensioners downsizing or investors.

Rents are falling, too much supply and no demand at all atm

Valuations are "realistic" now, vendors being talked out of putting it on a bit higher to see what happens, the tone is very much do you actually want to sell the house, if so do as you are told otherwise we will not be wasting our resourcing printing the details and adverisiting. We took on 40+ new properties over the past 10 days of which 2 have sold - to developers.