House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
FTBagain

Demand For Gold Accelerating?

I have a small account on BullionVault, and therefore I am very keen to try and work out which way the market is going.

BullionVault have a daily audit feature (that is open to all) that states how much Gold is registered on their exchange. It was constant for months at around 850kg. However, just lately it has started to rise quite quickly, to 1017 kg.

That is about 20% increase over the last few weeks. True it is consistant with recent rises in Gold price, but I did not see similar weight rises last time the market had a strong bull run around the beginning of the year.

I think that this could be indicative of more strong rises to come.

Thoughts?

You do realise if your wrong your broke :):lol:

Chuz - you are nearly correct here, but gold will never go to ziltch. I have hedged myself by owning some oil stocks - but physical gold and silver are the only "assets" I have much faith in at the moment.

cgnao - Although you may well be correct, have you considered holding some fiat just incase you are wrong?

We may well be coming the end of a 70 odd year old bear market in paper IMO.

If I am wrong, I and the people I am helping will still hold a large amount of gold. This will never lose its value. Unlike paper...

And yes, I keep some paper cash, at the moment £576.30. Anything above 1,000 gets converted immediately into bullion.

The time is up. The jig is over. The fat lady is singing aloud.

Protect yourselves.

If I am wrong, I and the people I am helping will still hold a large amount of gold. This will never lose its value. Unlike paper...

And yes, I keep some paper cash, at the moment £576.30. Anything above 1,000 gets converted immediately into bullion.

The time is up. The jig is over. The fat lady is singing aloud.

Protect yourselves.

cgnao, The jig may not be over, to protect yourself you will need, IMHO, much more than £1000 paper cash.

Gold is still VERY cheap on a relative basis to other assets.I'm buying at a pace I am comfortable with.

Please do not dismiss the possibility of deflation, you may need the cash to live off, until gold finally beats paper.

Chuz - you are nearly correct here, but gold will never go to ziltch. I have hedged myself by owning some oil stocks - but physical gold and silver are the only "assets" I have much faith in at the moment.

cgnao - Although you may well be correct, have you considered holding some fiat just incase you are wrong?

We may well be coming the end of a 70 odd year old bear market in paper IMO.

hopefully it wont get near ziltch , im 50% gold/silver 50% cash :lol: