House Price Crash Forum

Land Registry Tax Avoidence

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

I think there's a mistaken belief that the IR (or Land Registry for that matter) can just 'press a button' and discover all the relevant information regarding a 'customer'.

I'm afraid that the incompetence of Government departments and their systems does not end at the Home Office!

HOLA444
HOLA445
Guest Winners and Losers

Who & why are you accusing?

Another potential chop and shop. :rolleyes: Just shop 'em to the Inland Revenue and let them do all the work. :unsure:

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
Guest Guy_Montag

interesting chat with a tax person friend the other day - seems they are the same as the police and don't go after their own - a few their have undeclared btls earning some money but know they won't get done!

Report them to the press then. It would make a nice juicy story for the local rag, maybe further a journos career with an exposé.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

I think there's a mistaken belief that the IR (or Land Registry for that matter) can just 'press a button' and discover all the relevant information regarding a 'customer'.

I'm afraid that the incompetence of Government departments and their systems does not end at the Home Office!

The NIR will probably have such a button eventually. :ph34r:

HOLA4411

Who & why are you accusing?

A local agent are in colusion with a local farmer. I would really ignore it if it wasn't for the fact they ripped of my dad on a retirement flat he bought last year. Anyway bascially they own multiple properties at the same time in the farmers name and either flip them or rent for cash and don't declare anything. I know recently they sold 2 flats in chiswick and trebled their money in about 6 years and they were rented for cash the whole time. You will have to take my word for this but they are typical elitist EA sum.

By the way I have worked a bit on government IT systems and I am pretty sure they can pull LR records if they choose. Problem is getting them to, they want to know the farmers/agents tax IDs, NI numbers etc to even begin an investigation.

HOLA4412

By the way I have worked a bit on government IT systems and I am pretty sure they can pull LR records if they choose. Problem is getting them to, they want to know the farmers/agents tax IDs, NI numbers etc to even begin an investigation.

Why would they need tax references/NI numbers? They have only started to record NI numbers and other info against property transactions since Dec 2003

They already operate a Tax Evasion hotline and I am sure this is so you can report someone who blatantly works for cash with the intent not to pay tax or other forms of evasion but how could you be expected to know such personal details as a NI number. Seen it advertised on tv/newspapers as well.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/contactus/helplines.htm#2

HOLA4413

Why would they need tax references/NI numbers? They have only started to record NI numbers and other info against property transactions since Dec 2003

They already operate a Tax Evasion hotline and I am sure this is so you can report someone who blatantly works for cash with the intent not to pay tax or other forms of evasion but how could you be expected to know such personal details as a NI number. Seen it advertised on tv/newspapers as well.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/contactus/helplines.htm#2

Tried this and they were not interested! They wanted so much detail that only a private detective type could get! It is not enough in their opinion to give the addresses of 10 or 15 houses that the person has bought and sold in the past few years. No wonder people can get away with it.

Seems to me that capital gains in a volentary tax...............

HOLA4414

its easy - phone the council and see if the addresses are on the councils local landlords registry.

If not, tell the council which houses.

2 fold attack as now their BTL is registered on an official format and their rent will be taxed.

Also i thought the government was bringing into effect, the deposit holding system where all deposits have to be held by them - so they should know which properties are rented.

HOLA4415