House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Randall Herbert

Nu Labour Burry Bad News Yet Again!....

Which type of 'bird flu' would this be, then, Herbert? Enlighten us.

p

It's Mad Cow slaughter all over again, attacking farm's.

Ignore PatPrimer, she's just a dedicated Satanist, on mission.

Just been through the SKY channels ITS THE SECOND HEADLINE - Charles Clarke is still TOP STORY.

Dont worry this government are phucked!!!

TB

Which type of 'bird flu' would this be, then, Herbert? Enlighten us.

p

The dirty lying murdering NU LAbour SCUM have not yet released which exact varient they have 'FOUND' so rest assured by say 10:00am tommorrow, Alastair and Phoney will have given their authorisation to tell the press that it was in fact the dead bogey man "Musab Al-Zarqawi" who is infecting Bernard Matthews BOOtiful chickens with his H5N1 virus strain........ H7? my **** can't even get their press releases correct......

Massive swing vote away from you and your idiots very soon Pat.......

The dirty lying murdering NU LAbour SCUM have not yet released which exact varient they have 'FOUND' so rest assured by say 10:00am tommorrow, Alastair and Phoney will have given their authorisation to tell the press that it was in fact the dead bogey man "Musab Al-Zarqawi" who is infecting Bernard Matthews BOOtiful chickens with his H5N1 virus strain........ H7? my **** can't even get their press releases correct......

Massive swing vote away from you and your idiots very soon Pat.......

Yep after the papers are out!! Gotta get as much exposure as possible, keep this story going!

You could write what you lot (and the rest of the UK population including government) know about bird flu on the back of a postage stamp

This is a real problem not a politcial one and for once the government are being relatively open and reasonable (at the moment although that could change)

I dislike Bliar, Brown and especially Cameron for their spin but it could be quite correct that these chickens are suffering from a different strain and not H5N1 - the list of illnesses chickens can catch is a long one and when you live in a big room with 40,000 other chickens the chances fo cross infection are great. The slaugther of these birds will be more to do with government wishing to appease and Tesco refusing to buy than for any other reason.

Currently all of you have nothing to fear from bird flu unless you have birds that meet other birds living in your house and you have a disposition for kissing your birds or chickens!

Will there be a bird flu pandemic? - yes undoubtedly - like sooner or later Earth will be struck by a giant meteorite - we just don't know when - although we will be able to see the meteorite coming

CS

OK, call me cynical, BUT:-

I usually start jumping up and down when I read the bird flu headlines (where is realist bear - must be still in bed and not caught up with this one yet), but this time I read into what people are saying on here i.e. the government are being reasonable about this.

Very unusual.

Try this idea out for size:-

There are over 150 strains of bird flu.

There have been very few wild birds found with the disease and ALL of those have been dead. The presumption being they have contracted the disease because they were actually ill from something else in the first place.

However, intensively reared birds have been found with it in their thousands.

Now I have always said that the bird flu pandemic garbage is a crock. The actual FACTS tell us this. Take for instance the swan found in Fife. Common sense tells you that if this damn disease were that virulent then Fife would be knee deep in dead birds by now.

I think the fatal form of the disease is inherent in the intensive bird population. I've said before that this is the least natural (and most cruel) form of keeping birds. By definition they are stressed and stressed birds are sick birds. I do think Mother Nature is sorting out the mess we have made.

BUT, there are a lot of vested interests out there who would like to sell us vaccines, protection equipment etc to line their little pockets, so keeping the hype going and frightening people is in their interest.

However, there are also the vested interest, probably a lot bigger boys, of the corporate food market. IF, bird flu is inherent in the intensively reared bird population it would hit them big time.

They have a hell of a lot of clout with the government etc etc. They would certainly want it played down.

Are you going to catch anything from birds either wild or bought from a shop? Doubt it.

Is it going to mutate between wild birds and humans. Well it hasn't done a very good job of mutating between the wild bird population if the case in Fife is anything to go by.

Anyway we don't even know which form of bird flu the ones in Norfolk have yet and like I said there are over 150 strains.

And before you all start jumping up and down about chickens etc, try to remember that from an economic and cultural perspective, it will hit you lot as much as anybody else. Prices will rocket, all your processed foods won't be available (cos they need eggs and stuff to produce them) and even ice cream will disappear off the shelves.

Yes I know them scum politicians will try and bury bad news using any tactics they can but if you cast your minds back a few months we had new outbreaks of H5N1 all over the place and then suddenly nothing so I can only conclude that all that rain killed the ducks or the BBC and the rest of the western media was gagged (which is not unusual)

I believed we would had been hit hard by now with a pandemic and I was wrong but it’s too early to write a pandemic off just yet.

So just how did GW-Bush know to buy Tamiflu shares

Does Alastair Campbell think we are all that stupid???

He probably does if he's seen how you spell "bury".

Guest Guy_Montag

Hmm, when I woke up this morning, they were talked very briefly about bird flu in Norfolk <5 minutes. Most of the news was about what a sh1t time Labour are having just now.

What they did say was that it was the H7 strain & therefore not a problem for people & they are going to slaughter 40k chickens.

Hardly burying bad news.

btw. Justice, GWB cannot buy shares in Tamiflu. I suppose he has shares in Roche, which is an enormous pharmacutical company that makes all sorts of drugs as well as Tamiflu. Of course lots of other people have shares in Roche & being a very rich man, I'm sure he has shares in many companies.