House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DICKDASTARDLY

Are We Nearly There?

Hasnt the ball already started rolling ? If some places last year fell 8-10% hasn't the crash already started? Im just wondering why there has been loads of posts about how the crash has been so long in coming although most places have been as flat as a pancake for 2 years, with some places falling, Looking at the newspaper archives from last time it was only when prices had reached rock bottom that the cat was out of the bag. So what now ? Hard and fast in my opinion

Guest Fiddlesticks

Hasnt the ball already started rolling ? If some places last year fell 8-10% hasn't the crash already started? Im just wondering why there has been loads of posts about how the crash has been so long in coming although most places have been as flat as a pancake for 2 years, with some places falling, Looking at the newspaper archives from last time it was only when prices had reached rock bottom that the cat was out of the bag. So what now ? Hard and fast in my opinion

Are there any stats showing 8-10% falls??

Are there any stats showing 8-10% falls??

Detached homes -7.5% in Q4 2005 round here according to the Land Registry.

Shuush though, prices never go down and we're all fools for thinking so.

Two words you better get used to hearing: soft landing.

Yep, that's the latest line by the VI's trying to spin themselves out of trouble. Only problem is that it's bulls***.

I am in the Wychavon district of the W Midlands near Stratford and the LR says we are DOWN by 8% last quarter. Our lovely neighbour, the Malverns are DOWN 10.4%.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/in_d...l/county106.stm

So I would say that the crash started last year around here.

:):):D:D:lol::lol::lol:

Edit: We may be moving to Surrey for job reasons and I just checked to see how much they are down last quarter: -7%

Edited by Realistbear

Spring bounce

the trampoline is rotten. The springs are rusty. It's a pit of rabid sexually deviant wild dogs underneath.

Yes, your are quite right. OFFICIAL FACTS ON ACTUAL SOLD PROPERTY PRICES form the ODPM show drops in London and the SE. Think only the Times & maybe the Independent had the guts to report this.

The real state of affairs has been muddied in London by some large transactions owing to the FEW stellar City bonuses. Once this filters out come May/June, we'll start to see worried faces.

Guest Winners and Losers

No, shut up and stop whining in the back... :blink:

:lol:

That will be enough from the peanut gallery. :rolleyes:

:lol:

That will be enough from the peanut gallery. :rolleyes:

Just seemed the appropriate response, not being serious...

My four-year-old daughter's version of this whine is to sing "It's boring in the car, boring, boring, boring..." over and over. And we've never been further than a few miles, so god knows what she'll be like if we ever do any serious motorway drives.

Just seemed the appropriate response, not being serious...

My four-year-old daughter's version of this whine is to sing "It's boring in the car, boring, boring, boring..." over and over. And we've never been further than a few miles, so god knows what she'll be like if we ever do any serious motorway drives.

Half a valium crushed in warm milk :)

JK, of course.

Half a valium crushed in warm milk :)

JK, of course.

Excellent advice - it's the only thing that gets my wife on a plane, so might be the solution to this one too. Not sure how my driving would be on valium though :huh:

When we were kids they had all sorts of ways of giving us booze to put us to sleep. Remember rubbing brandy into gums when children were teething - works every time I'm told...

When we were kids they had all sorts of ways of giving us booze to put us to sleep. Remember rubbing brandy into gums when children were teething - works every time I'm told...

Alcopops are actually a parenting aid developed for this very purpose. :P

Evening all

My first post on here I hope I get it right.

Whether the landing is soft, or a crash, it still comes down to ground level

Evening all

My first post on here I hope I get it right.

Whether the landing is soft, or a crash, it still comes down to ground level

True. Welcome. :)