House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Webmaster

First Time Buyer Data

We're trying to update this page:

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/graphs-fi...time-buyers.php

...but we can't remember where the source data came from. Does anyone know who releases this data? I thought it might have been the Council of Mortgage Lenders but can't find it in their statistics section.

Any ideas?

You can get something here

http://www.naea.co.uk/the_naea/general_pub...ails.asp?id=225

First time buyers hold back

First time buyers reduced their share of the market further in February from 9% to 7.8%. A number of announcements regarding rises in council tax and utility bills way above the rate of inflation combined to hinder their progress, creating a greater challenge for young people attempting to save to buy a home.

Adding to this pressure is the UK house price to earning ratio (HPE). ‘Creator and Trader, A vision for growth in the UK mortgage market’ a new book published by Stephen Knight, states that at six times the average income, the UK house price to earning ratio (HPE) is too high for most first time buyers.

A recent one in this is money here

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/mortgages/art...56&in_page_id=8

TB

Hee in the latest report 22nd April 2006 they said

There has been a steady fall from 2000, when first-timers accounted for 29% of sales. Last year, their share of the market fell to 12.2%, says the National Association of Estate Agents (NAEA).

Yet on their press release of 21st March 2006 they state

First time buyers hold back

First time buyers reduced their share of the market further in February from 9% to 7.8%. A number of announcements regarding rises in council tax and utility bills way above the rate of inflation combined to hinder their progress, creating a greater challenge for young people attempting to save to buy a home.

Notice when its getting worse they quote LAST YEAR and when its bullish they quote LAST MONTH?? :)

T0ssers :)

TB

doing my own research

about out of 50 young (24-27 year olds) people i know only ONE has bought within the last year, another thinking of buying at the end of the year.

The rest are renting or living with their parents with no intention of buying in the forseeable future (i.e. 2-4 years) because they are priced out :angry:

2/50 x 100 = 4% FTB rate i make it doing my own research which is about right!!!

my 2 cents

Edited by notanewmember