House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Prude

So If New Lab Get A Good Kicking On Thurs ..

Will the elections next week hasten the succession of GB to no 10?

If so, then will surely be good news for HPC, as a temporary fall guy Chancellor can be brought in sooner to take the rap as UK rates go up. GB can then escape with his Wonder Chancellor Tag in tact.

We can but hope.

The scary thing is, if we're seeing the kind of news we're seeing _before_ the elections, just imagine how bad the news they've kept quiet until after the election is going to be.

We can but hope.

The scary thing is, if we're seeing the kind of news we're seeing _before_ the elections, just imagine how bad the news they've kept quiet until after the election is going to be.

I'm sure Gallop and Mori will be working flat out as we speak to provide the numbers for this weekends papers. Should make good reading. And they won't be able to wheel out "Two Shags" Prescott to defend their record (or Hewitt or Clarke or ..)

Looks like we'll be seeing alot of GB then over the weekend or maybe if he's cute he'll try and lie low so as not to associated with such poor results.

I remember in the 1990s Major and his shower of goons getting a bloody good kicking in the local elections (think it was '93). Nothing changed though and his administration blundered on like a headless chicken for another four years. I'm not convinced local election results have that much influence on the national situation. Of course you could argue this lot are in a bigger pickle than Major ever was so maybe there'll be a few aftershocks in the wake of the expected mass cull of labour councillors.

I remember in the 1990s Major and his shower of goons getting a bloody good kicking in the local elections (think it was '93). Nothing changed though and his administration blundered on like a headless chicken for another four years. I'm not convinced local election results have that much influence on the national situation. Of course you could argue this lot are in a bigger pickle than Major ever was so maybe there'll be a few aftershocks in the wake of the expected mass cull of labour councillors.

Do you think Blair's response will be to blunder on? He's already said he's going anyway.

Major was a new PM battling to the bitter end to survive. Blair doesn't need/want the hassle imho. I think he'll conclude it's time for a fresh start for his new lab baby and make way.

I cant see anything changing.

Blair has no intention of passing power to Gordon Brown, or standing down for that matter. NuLabour dont have a party mechanism to overthrow him, and Brown doesn't and won't have the guts to do a hatchett job on him.

I doubt that Blair will even do a cabinet reshuffle. He hasnt even finished his last one from months ago, as he hasnt enough competent/loyal/trusted MPs to put in the cabinet. Probably the reason why he's so desparate to hang onto the most recently exposed bunch on incompetents, liars and buffons: Tessa Jowell, Patricia Hewitt, Charles Clarke, Two Jags Shags Prescott - all prime candidates for 'stepping down' in any other adminstration.

Unless he rehabilitates Blunkett [for the 3rd time].

Or reshuffles Brown to Foreign Office

Edited by jp1