House Price Crash Forum
alanatguru

Buying With Others.

Hi

I can't afford to buy a property on my own, but I want to get on the housing ladder. Has anyone any experience of buying a house with others? How could I find other people in my situation who might be interested in pooling resources to buy a property? I live in Hampshire.

Thanks

Hi

I can't afford to buy a property on my own, but I want to get on the housing ladder. Has anyone any experience of buying a house with others? How could I find other people in my situation who might be interested in pooling resources to buy a property? I live in Hampshire.

Thanks

You`re joking right? :blink: Google shared spaces :huh:

Hi

Thanks

These prices are unsustainable. They will come down eventually. Just wait it out and rent (and save)

Guest Baffled_by_it_all

It a bad, bad, bad idea. It's not a new idea it was around before the last crash.

You have to factor in not only any change of circumstances for you but the other person. I'd go for shared ownership before I'd buy with someone else (and I'm not a fan of that) But number 1 is spending less of your salary and saving like a demon while renting.

Edited by Baffled_by_it_all

I recommend starting a cult with hot twenty-something girls who go out to work and give you all their money, then mud-wrestle to decide which one you'll shag each night. The rest can sleep on the floor.

Edited by MarkG

I recommend starting a cult with hot twenty-something girls who go out to work and give you all their money, then mud-wrestle to decide which one you'll shag each night. The rest can sleep on the floor.

I find your ideas interesting and wish to subscribe to your news letter.

Top idea well done Mark.......and unless you get something similar :lol: forget buying with someone else you would be crazy signing your life away with someone you don,t necessarily want to spend the rest of your life with!

I would advise against buying with others because if you fall out it will become a nightmare, if you HAVE to buy, and not worried about loosing thousands of pounds:

get a long term fixed I/O morgage through a bank, (upto 6x your income), fixed to protect you from any interest rate rises that may or may not appear.

rent out 1->3 rooms, and use this money to fill an ISA/pay off a portion of the morgage every year.

How much do you earn, how much are houses in your area? also why do you feel you have to get on the housing ladder? How would you feel if you bought and prices dropped over the next five years, you should be prepared for all possible outcomes.

Edited by moosetea

I thought L. Ron Hubbard was dead? How`s that scientology religion going? :P

Hi

Thanks

Seriously, let me tell you how good an idea it is..Banks have lent that little to co-buyers, most of them will pull the plug on it as a scheme over the next 6 months. Thats why you have one company desperately trying to sell her (their) database of co-buyers for a pittance :D and there are no takers :P

Finish your A levels first... ;)