House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BuyingBear

Ot: Prescott Admits To Having Affair

Prescott admits to having affair

John Prescott has confessed to a newspaper that he had an affair with one of his secretaries.

The deputy prime minister told the Daily Mirror he regretted the relationship, which had now ended.

"I have discussed this fully with my wife Pauline who is devastated by the news. I would be grateful if [we] can get on with our lives," he said.

A Downing Street statement said it was a "private matter" and that Mr Prescott had the full backing of Tony Blair.

:o I must say that the Blunkett thing was pretty amazing but this is bloody stunning! Thank god we got rid of those sleazy and decadent tories.

Seen it all now, no wonder those planning applications take so long to process.

It beggars belief that one woman could fancy that fat blubbering toad, let alone two.

:blink:

The secretary must have been female....

:lol:

It went on for two years so obviously it took a while to get to the bottom of that particular issue.

It can't be long before the edifice of this farcical government collapses.

Apparently bitchy work colleagues used to refer to the secretary as the Orifice of the Deputy Prime Minister ...

the press don't seem half as judgemental when labour get caught

Labour didn't berate the public with a 'Back to Basics' campaign, so, it is less interesting what their members do with oranges and/or woman.

Well, you can't blame the secretaries for getting tempted. Prescott, Blunkett, Cook... absolute pinnacles of male attractiveness.

I reckon I would. You, know, if I wasn't straight... but then again...

Labour didn't berate the public with a 'Back to Basics' campaign, so, it is less interesting what their members do with oranges and/or woman.

Err... who spent the best part of the 90's dragging the tories over the coals and feeding the press with just the same crap we're seeing today?

Which PM promised his government would be "whiter than white"? He also said "most people who have dealt with me think I'm a pretty straight sort of guy".

Guessed it yet? How about "chemical and biological munitions could be with military units and ready for firing within 45 minutes"?

Also, this government seems pretty intent on telling people how to live their lives, are you smoking?

Here's a good'un :-

"Homeowners rightly expect their investment to be protected by sensible policies pursued by Government. I am determined that as a country we never return to the instability, speculation, and negative equity that characterised the housing market in the 1980s and 1990s.
Volatility is damaging both to the housing market and to the economy as a whole. So stability will be central to our policy to help homeowners. And we must be prepared to take the action necessary to secure it. I will not allow house prices to get out of control and put at risk the sustainability of the recovery.
I have therefore decided it is right to take two measures aimed at stability in the housing market. First I will raise stamp duty from 1 per cent to 1.5 per cent on property sales above £250,000 and to 2 per cent for property sales above £500,000. This will take immediate effect after the Budget resolution has been voted by the House.
Second, continuing the reforms begun by the previous Government which removed mortgage tax relief at the higher rate of 40 per cent in 1991, and cut it to 15 per cent by 1995, I propose to reduce mortgage tax relief by a further 5 per cent from 15 per cent to 10 per cent from April 1998.
The timing of my measure should help to avoid a return to the conditions of the 1980s where the failure to take early action guaranteed worse problems later on. I believe these measures will help to ensure a more balanced recovery."

Very closely related to the above... the other pack of lies.

Covert tape transcript:

Male A : "There's a handsome devil seeking permission for a large erection on a brownfield site and I don't think he can wait."

Female B : "Oooo Johnny, you are awful!"

(am I the only one working this???? :angry: )

For some the heady aroma around the seats of power is irresistible.

While many say the private behaviour of politicians doesn't bother them, it does me.

Relax your moral standards in one area and it's easy to do so in other areas.

Let alone these are those who would lecture, and more importantly legislate, to regulate my behaviour.

This is the sort of behaviour that informs my utter comtempt for all politicians.

Flawed personalities whose belief in their own importance and world view gives them the arrogance to want to control others. The current group being the worst ever with their increasing intrusion into every aspect of our lives.

Why do people accept this?

Gee, what a shock. Another Labour scandal, with people calling for Clarke to resign, and magically this story appears to distract the media.

It's probably compulsory for Labour insiders to have affairs just so they can be tossed to the media when Blair needs a distraction.