House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
karhu

Bank Of Canada Raises Key Interest Rate To 4%

http://investing.reuters.co.uk/investing/f...NADA-URGENT.XML

NEW YORK, April 25 (Reuters) - The Canadian dollar strengthened to session highs against the U.S. dollar on Tuesday after the Bank of Canada, as expected, raised interest rates.

The U.S. dollar slipped around 25 ticks to C$1.1350 <CAD=>, according to Reuters data, after the BOC raised its benchmark overnight rate a quarter percentage point to 4 percent.

In its accompanying statement, the Bank was a little more upbeat on the economic outlook, saying it now sees a "small tilt to the downside" in risks to growth rather than risks being "tilted to the downside."

Most of my money is in Canadian dollars or commodities now, so Sterling doesn't matter as much anymore. It's only the ISA I have left here, and I'll probably move that in a few months if there's no sign of the BoE increasing rates.

when u going?

Depends entirely on when the Canadian government get around to processing my visa application that's been sitting in a box at the embassy for two years...

hmm well you're paying them right? they should have the decency to respond in a timely manner imo. Can't you complain? I heard they were going to clear the backlog and employ more staff. Seems like someone needs to invest in MIS. How can you plan if your waiting that long? :huh:

they should have the decency to respond in a timely manner imo.

They did. They sent me a letter a couple of months back telling me not to expect to hear anything for another year.

Then a month later they sent me another letter telling me not to expect to hear anything for another year and two months.

I heard they were going to clear the backlog and employ more staff.

Electioneering BS as far as I can see. The backlog is just getting longer and longer... I'll probably have to give up soon and get married.

Edited by MarkG