House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sjo

Innefficiency Not Debt Will Knack*r This Country

Is it me or is every company at the moment going through an efficiency crisis?

Every single company that I have dealt with recently shouldn't be trading. Their customer service is zero, their attitude is appalling.

The strong economy of late appears to have made everyone very lazy. "Oh we have so many customers \ orders that who cares if we don't answer the phone, fulfill our orders on time, respond."

Roll on the recession. At least we'll get some decent service as they scramble for customers.

Is it me or is every company at the moment going through an efficiency crisis?

Every single company that I have dealt with recently shouldn't be trading. Their customer service is zero, their attitude is appalling.

The strong economy of late appears to have made everyone very lazy. "Oh we have so many customers \ orders that who cares if we don't answer the phone, fulfill our orders on time, respond."

Roll on the recession. At least we'll get some decent service as they scramble for customers.

Exactly right, but not before the useless c*nts in the various civil service departments are walked out and shot.

The real unemployment rate in this country is about 30%.

I suspect it's more down to cost-cutting, myself. How can you afford good customer service when input prices are exploding but you can't raise prices?

Exactly right, but not before the useless c*nts in the various civil service departments are walked out and shot.

The real unemployment rate in this country is about 30%.

Exactly my thoughts.

I graduated in 2002 and the vast majority of my contemporaries are either unemployed or working in cr*p jobs until they figure out what they want to do with their lives. All this stuff about there being plenty of jobs around is a load of tosh. Every graduate job is oversubscribed x 100, at least.

I realised that jobs are like gold dust a long time ago, so decided to go self-employed.

It is a long held fallacy that workers wages break companies. This is wrong. It directors making bad strategic decisions or not employing the right people in areas where the competition is hotting up.

I have to agree that it's people that create wealth for the business - that said it doesn't mean that the wealth generated is profitable.

The problem is that brits are overpaid - at least compared to the workers in China doing the same job. If brits where willing to work for 1/10 of their previous wage then it wouldn't be a problem. People didn't fancy that but no one has come up with a way of being 10x as productive.

Truth is we'll have to find other areas which we are competitive at. This maybe in research areas, whereby we make money by licening the designs of products/drugs etc to producers in the far east.

This maybe in research areas, whereby we make money by licening the designs of products/drugs etc to producers in the far east.

Take a look at many of the research students these days - they are Chinese. Why will they want to pay us the rates we have to charge for our bloated lifestyle when they can do it themselves for a tenth?

Take a look at many of the research students these days - they are Chinese. Why will they want to pay us the rates we have to charge for our bloated lifestyle when they can do it themselves for a tenth?

You think too much like an employee and not like a businessman, if someone or somefirm had a great product patented which could make money. No one is going to care who or where it came from, a chinese firm doesn't care if they're producing an english guy's invention just as an english guy doesn't care where their kettle was made in.

The brits are actually very good inventors, though we're awful at turning them into successful ventures. We'll have to get better at selling the ideas to other parties who will take them on.

I've long held the belief that this inefficiency and lack of work ethic stems from individual protectionism.

The guy at the top employs either someone who he knows (or is recommended to him). Then, as the managerial system goes down the ladder, each one employs someone thicker than themselves cos they are frightened of losing their cushy job.

By the time you get to the front line staff they can hardly string a sentence together.

The guy at the top eventually realises he has a problem but is so far up his own backside he can't admit he was wrong for employing the wrong guy in the first place.

Technology and complex regulation can cover up the mess for a time. But only for a time.

Employment in this country is based on who will be the least threat to the manager above them.