House Price Crash Forum
doomwatch

Kirstie And Phil: Where Best To Invest

I can't wait for this pile of shit. Desperate, desperate BTLs at C4.

Let's see where they plug.

Here's a clue (from C4):

You can still make money from property, you just need to know where to look... and Kirstie and Phil show you as they count down the ten best places to invest in the UK. But this is no ordinary countdown. In this one-hour special, they reveal everything you need to know about property investment. We go through 'Kirstie's keyhole', as she prepares to become a landlady. In an exclusive tour around her London flat she puts into practice the essential letting tips that will lure dream tenants to her flat and provide you with tips for doing the same. Phil reveals the scams and scandals you need to watch out for, from dodgy management agents to secret sub-letting. There's a snapshot of the places that have gone up most and down most in 2005, and the show reveals some riskier moves that are not for the faint hearted, property punts which could either turn pear shaped or bring in a shed-load of cash. The definitive guide to showing you the sure fire way of buying a money-spinner starts with tips about what look out for before you buy.. Where are yuppies spending their money; how many new restaurants and bars are opening up; how many students live in the area - all these and more will help you find a safe place to stake your savings. Five of the ten places ranked in this show are, in no particular order, Brighton and Hove, Cambridge, Edinburgh, Leeds and Manchester. Prod/ Dir: Lee Salisbury; Exec Prod: Sarah Walmsley; Prod Co: IWC

Personally, I can't wait to go through 'Kirstie's keyhole'...

<_<

You can still make money from property, you just need to know where to look... and Kirstie and Phil show you as they count down the ten best places to invest in the UK. But this is no ordinary countdown. In this one-hour special, they reveal everything you need to know about property investment. We go through 'Kirstie's keyhole', as she prepares to become a landlady. In an exclusive tour around her London flat she puts into practice the essential letting tips that will lure dream tenants to her flat and provide you with tips for doing the same. Phil reveals the scams and scandals you need to watch out for, from dodgy management agents to secret sub-letting. There's a snapshot of the places that have gone up most and down most in 2005, and the show reveals some riskier moves that are not for the faint hearted, property punts which could either turn pear shaped or bring in a shed-load of cash. The definitive guide to showing you the sure fire way of buying a money-spinner starts with tips about what look out for before you buy.. Where are yuppies spending their money; how many new restaurants and bars are opening up; how many students live in the area - all these and more will help you find a safe place to stake your savings. Five of the ten places ranked in this show are, in no particular order, Brighton and Hove, Cambridge, Edinburgh, Leeds and Manchester.

I doubt if I am the only person here to whom this sounds incredibly desperate.

To quote tahoma "I doubt if I am the only person here to whom this sounds incredibly desperate."

Apparently it is easier to get a camel through Kirstie's keyhole than it is to make a profit in the kingdom of BTL heaven.

In fact, you could drive a bus through kirstie's key hole without touching the sides.

To my knowledge many universities have built, or are building, new on campus student accommodation in the UK. I read somewhere that ten's of thousands of new units are under construction or are planned. No doubt Kirsty and Phil will recommend that 'investors' look at the student rental market just as the supply of on campus accommodation balloons.

Apparently it is easier to get a camel through Kirstie's keyhole than it is to make a profit in the kingdom of BTL heaven.

In fact, you could drive a bus through kirstie's key hole without touching the sides.

It would be interesting to list down all the places that Krusty and Pill recommend, and then do some background research to see if the figures they give are realistic, what the returns are, and what the recent capital appreciation/depreciation is in the areas they describe.

E.g. if they say "all you have to do is buy a nice 3 bed semi in a nice London borough for 50K and you're quids in", or "this flat could bring you a return of 8% on your investment when going rents are closer to 2%, and the list goes on.

Billy Shears

Thing is, these place under normal circumstance probably won't appreciate, but as the muppets will watch Krusty and Phil ramp certain areas, the muppets may go piling in to buy up any available housing and in turn cause the ramp?

Or is this a too simplistic view?

To my knowledge many universities have built, or are building, new on campus student accommodation in the UK. I read somewhere that ten's of thousands of new units are under construction or are planned. No doubt Kirsty and Phil will recommend that 'investors' look at the student rental market just as the supply of on campus accommodation balloons.

And the numbers of university applicants drop...

http://education.guardian.co.uk/university...1710573,00.html

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,3561-1965305,00.html

Edited by libitina

It would be interesting to list down all the places that Krusty and Pill recommend, and then do some background research to see if the figures they give are realistic, what the returns are, and what the recent capital appreciation/depreciation is in the areas they describe.

E.g. if they say "all you have to do is buy a nice 3 bed semi in a nice London borough for 50K and you're quids in", or "this flat could bring you a return of 8% on your investment when going rents are closer to 2%, and the list goes on.

Billy Shears

Yes it would be interesting to do a bit of background research on their recommendations, I wonder how thorougher they'll be?

Here's a clue (from C4):

You can still make money from property, you just need to know where to look... and Kirstie and Phil show you as they count down the ten best places to invest in the UK. But this is no ordinary countdown. In this one-hour special, they reveal everything you need to know about property investment. We go through 'Kirstie's keyhole', as she prepares to become a landlady. In an exclusive tour around her London flat she puts into practice the essential letting tips that will lure dream tenants to her flat and provide you with tips for doing the same. Phil reveals the scams and scandals you need to watch out for, from dodgy management agents to secret sub-letting. There's a snapshot of the places that have gone up most and down most in 2005, and the show reveals some riskier moves that are not for the faint hearted, property punts which could either turn pear shaped or bring in a shed-load of cash. The definitive guide to showing you the sure fire way of buying a money-spinner starts with tips about what look out for before you buy.. Where are yuppies spending their money; how many new restaurants and bars are opening up; how many students live in the area - all these and more will help you find a safe place to stake your savings. Five of the ten places ranked in this show are, in no particular order, Brighton and Hove, Cambridge, Edinburgh, Leeds and Manchester. Prod/ Dir: Lee Salisbury; Exec Prod: Sarah Walmsley; Prod Co: IWC

Personally, I can't wait to go through 'Kirstie's keyhole'...

<_<

Really, this seems to conflict with the press who say that the SW is the top spot for HPI. You would expect Bristol to be up there, as areas are full of students and kite flying academics willing to pay through the nose.

Maybe the production crew don't have any properties down there, or have sold it to buy in a Madchester (free flack jacket with flat) gated compound away from the NEDs.

It's a bit like Donald Trump hosting a TV show where he uses insider information to ramp stocks and shares.

I wonder if Kirsty & Phil have bought in the areas they're ramping recently - wouldn't that be interesting.

:lol::lol:

What about the reference to "dream tenants"! :unsure:

And the universities can do a package deal for the students including accomodation, with the advantages due to having things "sorted" before the students move to the town far, IMHO, outweighing the financial advantages.

Billy Shears

I can't wait for this pile of shit. Desperate, desperate BTLs at C4.

Let's see where they plug.

You Cannot Be Serious

the ball was over the line

Champions League Live

Villarreal v Arsenal

19:30 - 22:00 Tuesday, 25 April

Villarreal v Arsenal (Kick-off 7.45pm). Coverage of the semi-final second leg at El Madrigal, where the Gunners are involved in arguably the biggest match in their history. In the event of extra-time and penalties, subsequent programmes are subject to change

Kirsty and Phil .......my @rse

The World Cup is a coming the World Cup is a coming .....I've got settee training to do :D

You Cannot Be Serious

Champions League Live

Villarreal v Arsenal

Villarreal v Arsenal (Kick-off 7.45pm). Coverage of the semi-final second leg at El Madrigal, where the Gunners are involved in arguably the biggest match in their history. In the event of extra-time and penalties, subsequent programmes are subject to change

The World Cup is a coming the World Cup is a coming .....I've got settee training to do :D

Thank god my OH has gone away for 5 months and I don't have to watch the footie unless I want to! (If England get to the World Cup finals I may take a peek)

Edit: Though I won't be watching K & P either.

Edited by libitina

You Cannot Be Serious

Champions League Live

Villarreal v Arsenal

All in the best possible taste. B)

Thank god my OH has gone away for 5 months and I don't have to watch the footie unless I want to! (If England get to the World Cup finals I may take a peek)

Edit: Though I won't be watching K & P either.

is your OH "playing away" :lol:

If he is show him the "red card" :lol:

I'll get me coat!

Edited by OzzMosiz

is your OH "playing away" :lol:

If he is show him the "red card" :lol:

I'll get me coat!

Not much chance of that where he's gone. Waaaaay down south, lots of sheep, very cold, lots of 'Bennies'. ;)

This is (w)reckless ramping.

Are the people responsible for this dangerous type of programming nevergoing to be held to account for the damage they are doing? This is a type of activism that I would support on HPC, a sort of name 'em and shame 'em campaign against those in the media responsible for some of the most reckless and feckless promotion of overvalued property. And annual HPC award or something

I've written to C4 asking the source of the "Over the past 20 years property has out-performed every other form of investment" quotation. No reply yet, and I don't expect to get one. I've also written to Ofcom about it, but I don't expect to get a reply until after the show...

:(

Yet more property ramping from the odious 'fat woman' and her lisping side-kick.

The programme's choice of subject, BTL, is a clear acknowledgement that the only way to prop up the UK's fragile property bubble is by desperately ramping this sector.

It will all end in tears for the naive amateurs who will be taken in by this sloppy nonsense.

Edited by Red Baron

Television shows on "how to be an e-millionaire"? Does anyone remember any of these and can they tell us some details?

Billy Shears

I've posted your Q.