House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
foxclarke

Market Trends Bury St Edmunds

I live in the area and am looking to move for the first time since 1992 (remember when prices were rock bottom?). in 1992 there were scores of properties on the market it was absolutely flooded.

Currently I am trying to find a buyer without using an agent (I USED THEM FOR A FREE VALUATION ONLY)

A friend who has just found a buyer for her house( SAME DAY!!) says her agents are saying the market is slow here. Anyone got an opinion on that??

Am looking in and around old Bury, "the Grid" etc. Would like to wait a year or two but my wife is getting twitchy.

Any comments on what it is like to live there and the state of the housing market in the centre of Bury would be welcomed.

The market in Bury St Edmunds is definitely slower than the VI press would have us believe.

The most bouyant sector is town properties for under £200K which are still selling as long as their asking price is realistic.

Country properties in the £200-300K are proving much harder to shift this year. Sellers are also stubbornly refusing to drop their asking prices - probably because they still believe that prices are rising.

I've also noticed an increase in SSTC properties falling through over the past month. I suspect that some of the overly ambitious offers made in early spring are proving difficult to turn into a real sale.

One house in our road went on the market in Jan/Feb and was under offer within a week (we think they may only have had one viewing). However, the sign has now been ripped up and the sellers are still there with none of the usual signs of an imminent move. I suspect that the chain has finally fallen through.

Pretty much sums it up!