House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CommonSense

Advice Please.

I am writing to my MP and have drafted the following, can anyone suggest anything to be included, changed, omitted etc.

"Dear <MP’s Name>,

Those in power are intent on widening the gap between rich and poor. The foundations for this lie in the greed and corruption that underpins the countrywide property market.

I am writing to request that you use any influence you have to help highlight the need for a substantial price correction.

I must express my disbelief at the Governments inability to tackle the house price crisis (yes crisis). I am a potential first time buyer earning an average UK wage. I am a highly-educated, vibrant, highly-skilled private-sector family breadwinner, in other words I am the person who keeps this country afloat. There are millions of others like me throughout this country. In a nutshell, I am the now and future-entropy of this country’s economic survivability, and I have had enough.

I cannot afford a core fundamental for human survival, shelter.

I cannot buy at these prices.

I, and thousands of other like me, the bright, the young, the skilled, the qualified, the intelligent, the energetic and the taxed are considering disembarkation of the once ‘Great’ Britain before it sinks under the weight of its own housing greed.

I’m off.

We’re off.

Soon … no … very soon, the proactive contributors, the do-ers, the sustainers, the fuel, will have already left this once great isle.

Self certification mortgage fraud has gone unchecked and un-investigated because the criminality behind this is actively encouraged by all those with a vested interest in keeping property as a tool for the potential and permanent economic enslavement of the would be first time buyer.

Sign them up; shut them up; bleed them dry.

Shared ownership is not the answer.

Homebuy is not the answer.

Low quality ‘affordable’ housing is not the answer.

<MP’s Name>, the answer is very simple, easy in fact …homes we can afford, modest, but well build family homes at 3.5 times median salary.

The chancellor’s economic ‘miracle’ is nothing of the kind. It is a cheap parlour trick designed to convince all of their meteoric wealth as they drown helplessly in permanent debt-enslavement. In other words: The tray of rat poison sure tastes good to the hungry rat.

The property market foundation for this ‘miracle’ is nothing more than a pyramid scheme.

Hardly a model of responsible economic management.

The media saturation of vested interest headlines explaining the ‘good’ news when house prices rise and the ‘gloom’ when they fall is a major factor.

The inability to get easy planning permission is another.

My plea to you is not for myself and my family (for we will soon be long gone) but for the others like me who do not have the luxury or opportunity for global relocation.

<MP’s Name>, (whether you have vested interest or not in high property prices) all the best to you, I sincerely hope that you can provide a voice for my economic and social kin. You are our voice, your words are ours, and ours yours.

Sincerely,

"

Those in power are intent on widening the gap between rich and poor. The foundations for this lie in the greed and corruption that underpins the countrywide property market.

Totally agee with you but these type of observatations I feel are too inflammatory / challenging for your intended audience. You'll probably be seen as a lower level Bruno :lol: .

I think writing to your MP is a great idea, definitely worth doing. I wrote to my MP about ID cards, and recieved three letters back - one from my MP, one from their party, and one from the Des Browne MP (well, probably one of his underlings), but it was definitely heard.

I kept my letter reasonably short (just one page) and tried to stick to the facts and concerns I had. I think this is why it got passed on. Having said that, my first draft was a lot longer and was also quite angry.

Go for it, just try to get your MP on your side.

It’s a good letter, but I agree with Buffer Bear. Rants aren’t taken to seriously, unfortunately. Good content and an apt description of the situation as it now stands.

You also need to explain why housing increasing does not benefit current family owners. It only benefits those selling up. Increases widen the gap to the next rung of the 'ladder'. One reason why Shared Ownership schemes are rubbish!!

Your reply, if new Lab, would be along the lines of affordable housing, key worker provision, how the government are working along side housing associations for part ownership schemes to get people on the snake ladder and how the government have their new plans for mass housing in the SE. They would probably also mention rise in stamp duty threshold level and something about benifit system and go on about statistics....... They would not, as you probably already realise, address any real issues.

This would make me even more enraged :angry:

Sorry to be so negative :(

Your reply, if new Lab, would be along the lines of affordable housing, key worker provision, how the government are working along side housing associations for part ownership schemes to get people on the snake ladder and how the government have their new plans for mass housing in the SE. They would probably also mention rise in stamp duty threshold level and something about benifit system and go on about statistics....... They would not, as you probably already realise, address any real issues.

This would make me even more enraged :angry:

Sorry to be so negative :(

Yes - the reply I got from Nu Lab about ID cards was just a spin reply too, although it wasn't a form letter. Someone at least had to think about it. Having said that my MP wasn't labour, and I got a very encouraging response from her. I think that might make a difference in the kind of letter you write.