House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
smythsan

I Had A Dream

hi all i have been browsing this site for a couple of months,and i think it must have been playing

on my mind as i had a cracking dream last night

we are nbbr(never bought but rent)

well houses crashed and my husband and i bought a lovely 3 bed in dorset where we live

would have liked a 4th bedroom but didnt want to stretch ourselves

it was 2.5 times our income of £21.000

then i woke up but realised i could still buy my 3 bed house if we

went self certificate and 10 times our income on a interest only mortgage!!!!

houses here all have a extra £100.000 on them from what they were 5 years ago

the council have no houses only private ones which keeps the btl happy and as they

of load these to council for huge rents

when will it ever end??

we have 4 children as they suppose to live with us forever as if their

parents cant afford anything how will they

sorry about my rant xxxx ;)

hi all i have been browsing this site for a couple of months,and i think it must have been playing

well houses crashed and my husband and i bought a lovely 3 bed in dorset where we live

the council have no houses only private ones which keeps the btl happy and as they

when will it ever end??

It's ending, watch this space.

It's ending, watch this space.

Just make sure you have a nice sofa in a nice pad to sit on. And maybe a plasma TV to while away the time. And for God's sake, don't hold your breath. If you have to watch that that space as long as Landagan's been watching it, you'll want to make sure you're comfy.

when will it ever end??

Martin Luther King had a dream. He died before it came true. Some may argue it never did.

Just make sure you have a nice sofa in a nice pad to sit on. And maybe a plasma TV to while away the time. And for God's sake, don't hold your breath. If you have to watch that that space as long as Landagan's been watching it, you'll want to make sure you're comfy.

I made the 'choice' NOT to buy only last Spring, and so I am debt free, relaxed and comfy thanks.

... and the fun I've had watching all you VI's trying deperately to cling onto your capital gains, is certainly better entertainment than a plazma TV.

I made the 'choice' NOT to buy only last Spring, and so I am debt free, relaxed and comfy thanks. ... and the fun I've had watching all you VI's trying deperately to cling onto your capital gains, is certainly better entertainment than a plazma TV.

Counting out a six-figure profit takes some beating for entertainment value, let me tell you.

Counting out a six-figure profit takes some beating for entertainment value, let me tell you.

So you've sold your investment then and made a six-figure profit? Or is is a paper one?

I assume that's the capital gain I was talking about.

Cos you sure don't talk like a person who has sold up.

Good luck to you. But know the party's over.

So you've sold your investment then and made a six-figure profit? Or is is a paper one?

Used it as a 50% deposit on my new place — the ladder's alive and well, and climbing it is a hell of lot more productive than sitting on your **** watching spaces or bemoaning finished parties.

Used it as a 50% deposit on my new place — the ladder's alive and well, and climbing it is a hell of lot more productive than sitting on your **** watching spaces or bemoaning finished parties.

Well to cut a long story short Smythsan, your dream is still very much alive.

Unlike this conversation and far more so than the arguments used by our sweaty over-invested seaman here.

Have a good look at some of the stats and bearish opinions available here, and take hope.

Well to cut a long story short Smythsan, your dream is still very much alive.

Unlike this conversation and far more so than the arguments used by our sweaty over-invested seaman here.

Have a good look at some of the stats and bearish opinions available here, and take hope.

thanks, houses here are selling slowly and more on the market than b4.

the cheapest ones!!haha (140.000)are being sold to btl as rents as still quite high

people are now waking up to the fact that they are well overpriced and

not even the olympics will raise prices

i need a mortgage for a beach hut haha

What your dream didnt tell you was that when a housing crash came along, the economy also dived and you both lost your jobs and couldnt get credit any more.

Infact you where in the same situation as now, just with less money.

when will it ever end??

Living Joy did an excellent song some years back. Its called "Dreamer".Somehow appropriate for you.

If anyone on here thinks that prices are EVER going back to those levels, they need a head examination.

As for having 4 kids and being on a combined income of £21k, best not be slagging of the council/establishment like you did in your post. Lets face it, them (via the taxpayers) are DEFINATELY contributing to supporting there @rses.

Living Joy did an excellent song some years back. Its called "Dreamer".Somehow appropriate for you.

If anyone on here thinks that prices are EVER going back to those levels, they need a head examination.

As for having 4 kids and being on a combined income of £21k, best not be slagging of the council/establishment like you did in your post. Lets face it, them (via the taxpayers) are DEFINATELY contributing to supporting there @rses.

oh my god lighten up will you

it was a dream or are we not allowed them

you seem more peeved of that i have 4 kids with a income of £21.000 than anything elsa

i wasnt slagging the council of i was stated a fact that they have no houses so turn to private landlords

which fuels the btl

i rent a private house as dont except anything from anybody

and yes iam a dreamer sue me xx

Why would I sue you? You patently dont have squat. ;)

As for the peeved at having 4 kids thing; well, thats your choice, and lets face it, this country needs a half decent birthrate. To many people putting of having children due to economic pressures. Obviously though, thats something that never bothered you.

Do you believe that the current price/earnings ratio for housing will persist?

What do you think is the likely future multiple of median earnings to house prices?

Do you believe that the current price/earnings ratio for housing will persist?

What do you think is the likely future multiple of median earnings to house prices?

My old Martial Arts Teacher (who was Korean) used to have a saying. It went:

"Never prophesise, because to prophesise wrong, means other will never forget that of you. But if you prophesise correctly, not even those closest to you will remember"

He probably grabbed that off a Christmas cracker, but its good for me all the same.

Putting a damp finger in the air, my perception is this. People love to bang on about how this is a bubble; Dr Bubb will bore you to death with charts up the Ying Yang if you'll let him. What doesn't get mentioned, is sentiment, general population mistrust of the stock market despite recent gains and more importantly that only about 40% of all these bubbles end in a bust - the rest get classed as a Rapid Upward price correction.

Also, property in this country about 7/8 years ago was WAY to cheap by half.

This is a small Island, and ground for planning permission is very closely regulated, couple that with a rising population and people willing to take on higher levels of debt than ever before, and you can work it out for yourself I think.

Edited by billy-g

What your dream didnt tell you was that when a housing crash came along, the economy also dived and you both lost your jobs and couldnt get credit any more.

Infact you where in the same situation as now, just with less money.

Ah yes, but then she got a job in a couple of months and could comfortably afford a house priced at normal levels after the recession was over (as opposed to the nightmare it would have been if she had bought something at current prices and had to slave away for 25 years to pay the bloody house off) :rolleyes:

oh my god lighten up will you

it was a dream or are we not allowed them

you seem more peeved of that i have 4 kids with a income of £21.000 than anything elsa

i wasnt slagging the council of i was stated a fact that they have no houses so turn to private landlords

which fuels the btl

i rent a private house as dont except anything from anybody

and yes iam a dreamer sue me xx

Is it worth you working...

I'd let the high rate tax payer's like billy-g and seamaster pay for you,

then you would get your nice 3 bed semi. :P:P:P