House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
John Smith

New Form Of Estate Agency Advertising

Saw this in the Cambridge area on the way to work.

An estate agency sign for a new estate agent has appeared on a house over the weekend. A for sale sign was never there. Anyway, this sign has a red band on the bottom of it that is normally seen on signs once they have sold.

I drive through the village everyday, and check rightmove regularly as there are some new builds I check out ... thought they would be overpriced so wanted to check out. They have not sold, so I check out on a regular basis to see if they have gone down. As a result I have never seen this house for sale.

My first thought (due to the red band) was wow, who bought that so quickly ... but on the way home, further inspection of the sign reveals that there ...

. is NO reference to for sale or sold on the sign whatsoever

. all the red band says is 'Similar properties required'

. Reminds me of similar ones I saw last year where the for sale/sold reference was covered up with a notice advertising school fetes - there must of been 10 of them in a group.

Either way, a quick look gives the impression of sold houses and an estate agency doing very well!

Thought I would share it with you - has similar been seen by others? If others are not as keen to read the signs, then they may get the impression that market is very bouyant like my first impression.