House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
azzuri

How Stupid.....

Ah now, wait a minute. That's in the New Town area, so it does have handsome boulevards (maybe not the weather to match, though :)). You're talking about the Edinburgh equivalent of Belgravia.

The rest of your incredulity is perfectly valid.

Edited by ajh

Now I'm no economist, but even I can tell there is something seriously ******ed up happening in Scotland -

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-612...pa_n=1&tr_t=buy

1.5 Million for a 3 bed apartment in Edinburgh? :blink:

Handsome boulevards you say? I'l take 2!! :lol:

And I thought I was seriously splashing out spending 85K on a 2 bed flat!

Well a friend of a friend was involved in doing the kitchens in this development - they certainly don't come from Comet/MFI - definatly high end stuff for somebody with too much money - there are a number of financial companies very close so I bet someone will take them. I drove past them the other week - they are pretty nasty from the outside. There are tonnes of similar places in Edinburgh - I can only assume that someone is buying them.

Here is another similar development in Edinburgh just down ther road from a large number of Victorian townhouses:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-547...pa_n=1&tr_t=buy

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-547...pa_n=1&tr_t=buy

JK Rowling allegedly lives in the area (but not in a grotty new build flat I presume) so that may be helping the prices :blink:

Thats a ridiculous price. Heriot Row is a MUCH classier (one sided) terraced street in the newtown (and overlooks some beautiful residents' communal gardens instead of a horrible cheap modern development which this new development overlooks) and you can get a georgian townhouse there for a comparable price:

Thats a ridiculous price. Heriot Row is a MUCH classier (one sided) terraced street in the newtown (and overlooks some beautiful residents' communal gardens instead of a horrible cheap modern development which this new development overlooks) and you can get a georgian townhouse there for a comparable price:

its mostly english who live in those places. very few scots can afford it.

its mostly english who live in those places. very few scots can afford it.

I doubt any of those Applecross luxury flats will be bought by Scots! Don't assume none of us can afford them though - we are just not daft enough to pay 1.5M for a 3-bed flat.

I doubt any of those Applecross luxury flats will be bought by Scots! Don't assume none of us can afford them though - we are just not daft enough to pay 1.5M for a 3-bed flat.

ah ken , ah ken.

ye'd need to be to glaikit to pay those prices