House Price Crash Forum
vwphil

Al Murray (pub Landlord)'s

I personally think that the whole Al Murray character is pathetic.

If he were in any way accurate (of a sterotypical, stupid, bigoted pub landlord) then he'd be talking about "coons" the same as he does the french, south africans, aussies, germans etc.

If you're going to "expose" the stupidity of racism in your act then go the whole hog, portray the character as he really would be in real life, and don't be such a coward. Oooooh, let's mock the French, shame I ain't got the guts to slags off the blacks too.

I saw him live once, and it was full of white middle class people (like me!) chortling at how risque (yeah right) this poor little working class character was. Yeh mate, just cos your too cowardly to slag off the blacks, you still didn't get any to come to your show did you?

His slagging off of estate agents is presumably similar to his racism - he is exposing the stupidity of those who stereotype swathes of society without realising that people should be judged as individuals not slated for being part of a group.

If he were in any way accurate (of a sterotypical, stupid, bigoted pub landlord) then he'd be talking about "coons" the same as he does the french, south africans, aussies, germans etc.

If you're going to "expose" the stupidity of racism in your act then go the whole hog, portray the character as he really would be in real life, and don't be such a coward. Oooooh, let's mock the French, shame I ain't got the guts to slags off the blacks too.

I saw him live once, and it was full of white middle class people (like me!) chortling at how risque (yeah right) this poor little working class character was. Yeh mate, just cos your too cowardly to slag off the blacks, you still didn't get any to come to your show did you?

His slagging off of estate agents is presumably similar to his racism - he is exposing the stupidity of those who stereotype swathes of society without realising that people should be judged as individuals not slated for being part of a group.

Fair point FF.

He did have me crying with laughter many years ago at a Performance at the East Dulwich Tavern with lines like 'The Queen Mum, Gawd bless her. Mind you German bird, bet she takes it up the wrong 'un! ' ;)

Fair point FF.

He did have me crying with laughter many years ago at a Performance at the East Dulwich Tavern with lines like 'The Queen Mum, Gawd bless her. Mind you German bird, bet she takes it up the wrong 'un! ' ;)

that is quite funny!!

If he did that, he wouldn’t be allowed back on telly, would he!

Why do estate agents wear ties?

To stop their foreskins flapping up over their heads!

Dickheads.