House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Badger

Lets Move To...

I haven't seen this before, in their DPS property section, this week there's a bit headed '3 price reductions'

£595k down from £650k; £429,950k down from £439,950k, £395k down from £430k..

Significant sign of the times or lip service to three properties that 'probably had something wrong with them'?

Guest Cletus VanDamme

I haven't seen this before, in their DPS property section, this week there's a bit headed '3 price reductions'

£595k down from £650k; £429,950k down from £439,950k, £395k down from £430k..

Significant sign of the times or lip service to three properties that 'probably had something wrong with them'?

I think they've run a similar one a year or two ago.

BTW they seem to have run out of places to 'Let's move to...' Brentford has featured at least once before (other places to have featured at least twice includes Hackney and that Prince-Charles-endorsed new town in the SW, can't remember the name)

I think this is simply a manifestation of the end of the "let's try our luck" mentality of a certain kind of greedy seller, rather than eveidence of a crash in prices.

When I sold my flat last month, I asked the EA how I should price it. The advice was, this is what it's worth, ask for this and it will sell, ask for any more and it won't. Within two weeks I had had twenty viewings and accepted one offer which was spot on what I wanted. In contrast, two or three other comparable flats in the same building, which I am quite sure have been looked at by the buyers who viewed mine remain unsold. Why? Because they're priced too high. When these sellers re-set their own expectations, they *will* sell.

All you're seeing here is that change of mind-set in action.