House Price Crash Forum
MRMX9

Tomorrow's Express Front Page - House Prices Set To Double Over Next 10 Years

Apparently tomorrow's Express front page headline is 'House Prices Set to Double in Next 10 Years'. Some housing market 'experts' have apparently made this prediction.

Knowing the Express they will probably run an article next Monday talking about the possibility of a house market crash - after they have run their usual council tax/asylum seeker/immigration/traveller front page scare stories!

May as well be Msytic Meg predicting this. What sloppy journalism again!

Didn't predict the 300% rises in 1997 though, did they?

OK, so the VI's have got plenty of schemes to keep the HPI juggernaut rolling. Can I direct you to my (apparently unpopular, judging by the content/number of replies!) thread which suggests we lobby Parliament to regulate these unashamed ramping tactics that the housing market VI's are allowed to get away with?

well they have to sell plain paper to people.

in order for them to get the price per sheet they want, they have to type some crap on it first.

and thats about the whole story of all newspapers...

Correct me if i'm wrong but wasnt it the Express that had the "House Price Slump" headlinelast year ??

Muppets !!

Apparently tomorrow's Express front page headline is 'House Prices Set to Double in Next 10 Years'. Some housing market 'experts' have apparently made this prediction.

Knowing the Express they will probably run an article next Monday talking about the possibility of a house market crash - after they have run their usual council tax/asylum seeker/immigration/traveller front page scare stories!

If there is 3% wage inflation per year, then wages will go up 34.39% in the same time. If house prices will have doubled, then the number of salary multiples required to buy will go up by 48.82%. For example, someone who now needs a 4x salary mortgage for 100% mortgage on a house will then need a 5.95x salary mortgage for the same house.

Billy Shears

That'll mean crap wage inflation then.

Got it in one, but you knew that.

The other comment would of, course, to be to point out that money would have further been devalued.

Ten years hence, as I've said before, is now so up in the air as regards any form of forecasting as to be meaningless.

So many assume things will jog along much as before. It isn't going to be so.

I don't anyone who reads the Daily Express,but I know many many People!!!!!!!!!

The other comment would of, course, to be to point out that money would have further been devalued.

Ten years hence, as I've said before, is now so up in the air as regards any form of forecasting as to be meaningless.

That's true, if they keep releasing more of the same poison (what else can they do?) we may well see hyperinflation, in that context a nominal doubling of house prices is of course meaningless... but the public are fooled by big numbers, so it's all cool.

I suspect we're very close to the endgame for this cycle in the housing market when we see this level of desperate rubbish in the media.

I know they have their property advertisers to think of but does this rag expect to maintain a shred of credibility with a nonsensical headline like this ? ..................

1400441.jpg

I suspect we're very close to the endgame for this cycle in the housing market when we see this level of desperate rubbish in the media.

I know they have their property advertisers to think of but does this rag expect to maintain a shred of credibility with a nonsensical headline like this ? ..................

People who read it and then rush out to buy their BTL (after they've looked up what it means) no doubt believe that they have an "edge", hence the last fool theory, most bubbles are stealthy to begin with... they're not plastered on the frontpage of the Express.

Anyone want to guess their 2008 headlines? "Buy Gold!"

That's true, if they keep releasing more of the same poison (what else can they do?) we may well see hyperinflation, in that context a nominal doubling of house prices is of course meaningless... but the public are fooled by big numbers, so it's all cool.

Cool Britannia!

Btw, I was expecting you to have raised the recent paper from the Adam Smith Institute which argued for the release of Green Belt and agricultural land for building.

Or have I missed a thread?

Cool Britannia!

Btw, I was expecting you to have raised the recent paper from the Adam Smith Institute which argued for the release of Green Belt and agricultural land for building.

Or have I missed a thread?

It's covered here, the CPRE have launched a counter attack by pushing an early day motion in the commons, it pays to have friends in high places.

The more they get their own way, and the greater their selfishness, can only mean a greater unraveling in the end. I'm interested to see how it plays out.

Edit: Too much irony.

Edited by BuyingBear

May as well be Msytic Meg predicting this. What sloppy journalism again!

Didn't predict the 300% rises in 1997 though, did they?

Didn't you know?........All the lazy journalists work as property correspondents........

It's covered here, the CPRE have launched a counter attack by pushing an early day motion in the commons, it pays to have friends in high places.

The more they get their own way, and the greater their selfishness, can only mean a greater unraveling in the end. I'm interested to see how it plays out.

Edit: Too much irony.

Thanks, yes I missed that, otherwise engaged then.

When will sanity prevail?

Gods, destroy, mad.

Thanks, yes I missed that, otherwise engaged then.

When will sanity prevail?

Who knows, via direct action?

In reality the establishment is full of such people so things will probably get worse before they get better, especially now because of all the implicit overtones regarding migration.

Who knows, via direct action?

In reality the establishment is full of such people so things will probably get worse before they get better, especially now because of all the implicit overtones regarding migration.

Those alien spacecraft do have interesting landing trajectories.

Now what is the point of an Establishment if it isn't to keep things as currently, for want of a better word, established.

There may be some merit, although not as endured in China, in Mao's concept of perpetual revolution.

you know, if the 'experts' were really predicting a property boom.

do you think they would tell us ?

no. they would be quietly buying up everything instead of selling.

'experts'...mmmm...