House Price Crash Forum
Phaedrus

Labour In Denial

Just got a flyer through the door, regarding the forthcoming elections. The design looked like a NuLabia(sic) flyer. It mentioned who the candidate was, his background, he's already a councillor so it also stated what he had done for the community and it also said that he supported several local Labour initiatives. However, it did not mention anywhere that he was actually a Labia candidate. I found this quite odd. I looked through the recycling bin and found a community news sheet and sure enough, there's this bloke named as a Labour councillor.

Is this maybe a sign that Labour are aware of how poorly they are viewed by the voters that they are trying to hide their allegiances, or at least not overtly proclaim to be allied to the party?

Somebody has been around and UKIP'ed the lamp-posts, and this ain't a thru road or busy route, very odd.

I will now look out closely for associated fruit cakes and loonies drivng around in an armoured personnel carrier.

Is this maybe a sign that Labour are aware of how poorly they are viewed by the voters that they are trying to hide their allegiances, or at least not overtly proclaim to be allied to the party?

'Candidates disown Labour in local polls'

http://politics.guardian.co.uk/localgovern...1750112,00.html

Rebel Labour candidates, including the brother-in-law of a senior cabinet minister, are publicly distancing themselves from their own government in a frantic bid to salvage votes in next month's crucial local elections.

In some areas the party has also resorted to 'stealth' leaflets that do not appear to come from the party -- including a letter to voters in north London purporting to come from a man living near by, urging them to vote for his 'old friend', the Labour candidate, despite reservations over the war on Iraq. Electoral register searches reveal nobody of that name listed at his supposed address.

Just got a flyer through the door, regarding the forthcoming elections. The design looked like a NuLabia(sic) flyer. It mentioned who the candidate was, his background, he's already a councillor so it also stated what he had done for the community and it also said that he supported several local Labour initiatives. However, it did not mention anywhere that he was actually a Labia candidate. I found this quite odd. I looked through the recycling bin and found a community news sheet and sure enough, there's this bloke named as a Labour councillor.

This is interesting. Can you post scans of the leaflet?

Billy Shears

Somebody has been around and UKIP'ed the lamp-posts, and this ain't a thru road or busy route, very odd.

I will now look out closely for associated fruit cakes and loonies drivng around in an armoured personnel carrier.

Complain to your local electoral offices as this is not allowed.

They are v keen to come and remove UKIP and BNP posters but seem to have a problem taking down "respect" party posters.

AFAIK they can only put electoral posters up on private property with the permission of the owner.

This is interesting. Can you post scans of the leaflet?

Billy Shears

I haven't got a scanner. I suppose I could take a photo and post that.

Give me a few minutes.

AFAIK they can only put electoral posters up on private property with the permission of the owner.

Technically the lamp posts are now private property, such are the wonders of PFI, I don't think my council even has anyone left that deals with 'lighting' as it's not their concern anymore, one expects they're too busy inspecting bottoms or some such.

However, this misses the main point, I don't actually give two shits about any of them, the place can be run by the Village Green Preservation Society for all I care.

Edited by BuyingBear

Took the pictures, but cannot upload them to the post as I need to be able to host them somewhere. Doh!

Cant you just add the file attachement? :unsure:

Took the pictures, but cannot upload them to the post as I need to be able to host them somewhere. Doh!

Attach it as a file.

Phaedrus

If you still believe that parts of women’s anatomy are representative of failed politics or objects of ridicule, I’d like to cancel my appointment

Double Doh! Total technonumpty!

So here we go, good old Ged your local labour Candidate. :D

DSCF0002.JPG

Phaedrus

If you still believe that parts of women’s anatomy are representative of failed politics or objects of ridicule, I’d like to cancel my appointment

If I have offeneded you I apologise. No offence was intended. I just feel very frustrated with the current party in power. This sometimes leads to moments of thoughtlessness on my part.

The other side.

DSCF0001.JPG

post-1596-1145807345.jpg

post-1596-1145807671.jpg

It used to be the case that any electoral political leaflets and the like were obliged to state

both the printer and publisher (in ths case Nu Lab local party) be present.

You should complain to the Returning Officer and they should make NuLab reprint

all of the flyers :)

ABB

It used to be the case that any electoral political leaflets and the like were obliged to state

both the printer and publisher (in ths case Nu Lab local party) be present.

You should complain to the Returning Officer and they should make NuLab reprint

all of the flyers :)

ABB

It does, on the side with Geds' face on. In very small print. At the bottom. :blink:

Just read the small print at the bottom and it does say he is the Labour party candidate. Very small print though.

I think you'll find that is to comply with the relevant legislation.

Seems Ged feels that the "New Labour" brand is worthless or even a liability.

Seems Ged feels that the "New Labour" brand is worthless or even a liability.

If so, he'd be right.

No reference to Blair either or any of our esteemed leadership in any form, one could suggest that this dear chap's beliefs and convictions are yesterdays news, something he can leave behind whilst grabbing the expenses sheet, of which he has become accustomed.

Edited by BuyingBear

Love it, especially as "Labour" is only vaguely refered to in the third-person, whatever happened to New Labour? wilted_rose.gif

They took out the fist and replaced it with a fist full of dollars - love the wilting rose :lol::lol::lol:

Labour's claim that the NHS have had their best year yet is refuted by the nurses and, strangely enough, the NuTories:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4931626.stm

'Best ever' NHS claim condemned
Senior hospital nurses said they did not have enough staff
A government claim the NHS is enjoying its "best year ever" has been attacked by nursing leaders and opposition MPs.
Health Secretary Patricia Hewitt made the assertion in a BBC Radio Five Live interview in which she said patient waiting lists were at an all time low.
The Royal College of Nursing suggested 13,000 NHS posts were set for closure in England and said nurses and patients would be surprised by her description.
Tory leader David Cameron said the NHS faced a government-created crisis.

NuLabour won't get away with it this time--oh no..................

NuLabour won't get away with it this time--oh no..................

They will, they'll scare everyone into voting for them by telling people that the Tories will sack people from the NHS.... err, hang on a minute.

I notice it's the nurses that are being thrown out like dirty laundry, not he administrators that are five times as numerous.

victoria_young.gif

How can NuLabour sack such people, bastards! Victoria helps people that are lost for words.

Edited by BuyingBear

So here we go, good old Ged your local labour Candidate. :D

DSCF0002.JPG

You're a genius, Phaedrus. The leaflet says:

Ged worked for Sure Start services...

Ged campaigned to keep Labour's Street Wardens.

Ged welcomes the Labour Government's initiative to improve council houses...

Ged says he has been 'working closely with our Kenton Labour Team...

Ged appears in a photo with the title "Success: Labour street wardens to stay".

And, that's just on one side of the leaflet.

I quite understand why you would think that this bloke had nothing to do with Labour. Almost anyone could make such a mistake. Honest!

p

You're a genius, Phaedrus. The leaflet says:

Ged worked for Sure Start services...

Ged campaigned to keep Labour's Street Wardens.

Ged welcomes the Labour Government's initiative to improve council houses...

Ged says he has been 'working closely with our Kenton Labour Team...

Ged appears in a photo with the title "Success: Labour street wardens to stay".

And, that's just on one side of the leaflet.

I quite understand why you would think that this bloke had nothing to do with Labour. Almost anyone could make such a mistake. Honest!

Everything is in the third person and abstracted like 'works closely with', will it fool anyone at all? Just shows you what they must think of their voters.