House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CrashConnoisseur

Telegraph: Briton ' Too Thin' To Live In Australia.

'Briton 'too thin' to live in Australia':

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml...04/21/uthin.xml

A British woman who was told she was too thin to become an Australian citizen has won a partial victory in her fight to remain in the country.

Helen Evans, who weighs 6st 11lb and is 5ft 3ins tall, faced deportation after she failed a health check because of her low weight.

Guest Winners and Losers

'Briton 'too thin' to live in Australia':

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml...04/21/uthin.xml

WAL is similarly thin. I obviously had no problem getting into the UK, where everyone is too fat :unsure: , all the women in my family are what would be classed as under weight for their height, but they couldn't kick us out of our own country. You can never be too rich or too thin sweetie. ;)

I think there must have been more to it than that. A strange story indeed.

WAL is similarly thin. I obviously had no problem getting into the UK, where everyone is too fat :unsure: , all the women in my family are what would be classed as under weight for their height, but they couldn't kick us out of our own country. You can never be too rich or too thin sweetie. ;)

I think there must have been more to it than that. A strange story indeed.

That gives a BMI (body mass index) of 18.5. Normal is 20-25 generally, although some say 19-25 for women. She is underweight, but hardly at a starvation scenario. Maybe she also had an eating disorder they weren't happy with? Or maybe she would look too scrawny on the beach?

Guest Winners and Losers

That gives a BMI (body mass index) of 18.5. Normal is 20-25 generally, although some say 19-25 for women. She is underweight, but hardly at a starvation scenario. Maybe she also had an eating disorder they weren't happy with? Or maybe she would look too scrawny on the beach?

Yeah, maybe she did have an eating disorder. I have to say that the aussie girls I know are NOT obsessed with being thin. They like to look healthy. BMI maybe, but some people are just naturally thin. I have 25 cousins and not one of them is overweight, boys and girls. We are just slightly built. It would take me a hell of a lot of eating to become overweight, but I'm sure it's not impossible.

Btw, a doctor has never told me that I am underweight for my height - 5'2, even when I was, at one point, a shade over 6 stone (partying too hard!). Now 7 stone.

Edited by Winners and Losers