House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

homeless

Fly The Flag

Tomorrow is st georges day

I find it a shame that most english people know better and seem to celebrate st patricks day more than the celebration of your own national day.

last night our branch of the BNP me included, through the night went out with ladders and flew england flags for 1/2 a mile up a main shopping street in blackpool.

we never advertised our political agenda, just went up, very high on ladders and placed flags on every light pole for about 1/2 mile.

This morning there is a nice breeze blowing and they look fantastic

Its a shame we had to do this guerrilla style to fly the english national flag, but in many parts of the country now being patriotic ie and celebrating st georges day is often seen as racist for some crazy reason.

But the feedback for doing this today is immense, even last night the police went passed and stopped and were fine about us doing it, but a little worried for our safety till we explainewd we were expeirienced ladder workers.

vans and cars drove by tooting there horn and cheering, taxis were sending all there friends up there to take a look, and it proves there is a genuine will out there to celebrate being english for a day just like they do in scotland, ireland,wales and every other country in the world.

What a sad country this is becoming generally that people are so scared to show any patrioism less the upset any immigrants, which is why many councils dont give any support to st georges day.

If your in blackpool or near go take a drive along highfield road and take a look.

ps 3 of the 12 guys out putting the flags up were scottish including myself, and supplied the ladders.

mm I have to say I agree with what you say

I have doubts though that any amount of flag waving will de-rail the general apathetic attitude in this country

We have a leader elected on fewer votes than big brother, a poltical establishment who lets face it abuse the very word democracy by dissolving power to the EU without the electorate being consulted for the last 30 years.

I'm all for this flag waving, but first you have to address the real problems facing the country.

Labour...were supposed to help the working man, today they charge university fee's, reward chavs, and insult the population with their lies.

We cant wave the flag while these bastards are in power :ph34r:

Tomorrow is st georges day

I find it a shame that most english people know better and seem to celebrate st patricks day more than the celebration of your own national day.

last night our branch of the BNP me included, through the night went out with ladders and flew england flags for 1/2 a mile up a main shopping street in blackpool.

we never advertised our political agenda, just went up, very high on ladders and placed flags on every light pole for about 1/2 mile.

This morning there is a nice breeze blowing and they look fantastic

Its a shame we had to do this guerrilla style to fly the english national flag, but in many parts of the country now being patriotic ie and celebrating st georges day is often seen as racist for some crazy reason.

But the feedback for doing this today is immense, even last night the police went passed and stopped and were fine about us doing it, but a little worried for our safety till we explainewd we were expeirienced ladder workers.

vans and cars drove by tooting there horn and cheering, taxis were sending all there friends up there to take a look, and it proves there is a genuine will out there to celebrate being english for a day just like they do in scotland, ireland,wales and every other country in the world.

What a sad country this is becoming generally that people are so scared to show any patrioism less the upset any immigrants, which is why many councils dont give any support to st georges day.

If your in blackpool or near go take a drive along highfield road and take a look.

ps 3 of the 12 guys out putting the flags up were scottish including myself, and supplied the ladders.

Right on homeless!

It's about time we showed a greater pride in our country, but unfortunately this PC obsessed government have deemed flying the flag 'racist' - which is of course rubbish.

However, sod that, get out, fly the flag, celebrate your nations day!

im not a big fan of any kind of flag waving. all you are doing is flapping a challenge of identity. and why ?

if you want to celebrate st georges day thats fine. but st patricks days isnt really celebrated that much. a few green guinesses - if that. i hardly see any lepprechaun flags. same for st andrews day. in fact what day do we flag wave. none that i know of. so why start this ?

this recent england flag thing is hijacked not my the PC brigade, but by the football hooligan and pasty faced dumb ill support anything come on engerland pizza buying new age football fan. for world cup fever. its fly a flag or your not like us. thats why i pick up on this NEW phenomenon.

i think all flags should be banned apart from the union jack, and even then. only on public buildings.

Let's get this straight: BNP put up St George's cross flags, and then complain that the flag is associated with racism.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

p.s. half a mile up? I'm surprised anyone can see the flags that high.

There's your shared motivation right there: English and Scots united against the ****.

Remind me of a Bill Hicks quote - http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Bill_Hicks

'Hey buddy, my daddy died for that flag.'

'Really? I bought mine. Yeah, they sell them at K-Mart and shit.'

'He died in the Korean War.'

'Wow, what a coincidence. Mine was made in Korea.'

No one – and I repeat, no one – has ever died for a flag. See, a flag ... is just a piece of cloth. They may have died for freedom, which is also the freedom to burn the ******in' flag, see. That's freedom."

Guest muttley

I support flying the St. George's flag, whether it is for St. George's Day or just to support the national football team.

But I don't like the flag being emblazoned with a company logo. Nationwide Building Society and JJB Sports both gave away flags during Euro 2004 that had their logos on them. :angry:

I support flying the St. George's flag, whether it is for St. George's Day or just to support the national football team.

But I don't like the flag being emblazoned with a company logo. Nationwide Building Society and JJB Sports both gave away flags during Euro 2004 that had their logos on them. :angry:

totaly agree

these ones had no logo on them at all

"He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, senseless brutality, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be part of so base an action! It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder."

-- Albert Einstein

It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder

Wonder if he said the same about the Jews killing Nazis in the Warsaw Ghetto?

It's easy to be a pacifist when no-one is trying to kill you. I agree that a standing army brainwashed with flag-waving propaganda is a bad idea, but in reality-land there are a lot of nasty people in the world and anyone who refuses to defend their country is just giving in to them.

No one seems to have picked up on the fact this guy is with the BNP!

It w@nkers like this who hijack our national flag and bring the bad associations with it. I think anyone considering voting BNP has to have a real look at what exactly they are voting for. My grandparents fought in the Second World War against fascism. The BNP is easy 'blame politics'. If it's not the Muslims they are having a go at it was the black community or Jews. If they ever got in power, just think what you'd have to give up. My girlfriend (who is 2nd generation Pakistani) and a good curry is too much! T0SSERS!

"I'm so sick of arming the world and then sending troops over to destroy the ******ing arms, you know what I mean? We keep arming these little countries, then we go and blow the shit out of 'em. We're like the bullies of the world, you know. We're like Jack Palance in the movie Shane, throwing the pistol at the sheep herder's feet: 'Pick it up.' 'I don't wanna pick it up mister, you'll shoot me.' 'Pick up the gun.' 'Mister, I don't want no trouble, huh. I just came down town here to get some hard rock candy for my kids, some gingham for my wife. I don't even know what gingham is, but she goes through about 10 rolls a week of that stuff. I ain't looking for no trouble, mister.' 'Pick up the gun.' Boom, boom. 'You all saw him. He had a gun.'"

Bill Hicks

The top five countries profiting from the arms trade are the five permanent members of the United Nations Security Council: the USA, UK, France, Russia, and China.

From 1998 to 2001, the USA, the UK, and France earned more income from arms sales to developing countries than they gave in aid.

The arms industry is unlike any other. It operates without regulation. It suffers from widespread corruption and bribes. And it makes its profits on the back of machines designed to kill and maim human beings.

So who profits most from this murderous trade? The five permanent members of the UN Security Council—the USA, UK, France, Russia, and China. Together, they are responsible for eighty eight per cent of reported conventional arms exports.

“We can’t have it both ways. We can’t be both the world’s leading champion of peace and the world’s leading supplier of arms.” Former US President Jimmy Carter, presidential campaign, 1976

— The Arms Industry, Control Arms Campaign, October 2003

.........nuff quotes, before I go out and punch someone in the back of the neck

I think he's said that enough in the past that most people already know.

Personally I'd like to see the BNP give Tories and Labour a nice kick in the ass, but it would be a disaster if they got control of the country. The sad thing is, Tories and Labour both have their heads stuck so far up their ass that they may just ignore the BNP long enough for them to gain power in a backlash.

Which would be very bad news when they took over Blair's police state. No-one would have anywhere to hide and immigrants could be made 'non-persons' in seconds just by cancelling their card in the database.

It w@nkers like this who hijack our national flag and bring the bad associations with it. I think anyone considering voting BNP has to have a real look at what exactly they are voting for. My grandparents fought in the Second World War against fascism. The BNP is easy 'blame politics'. If it's not the Muslims they are having a go at it was the black community or Jews. If they ever got in power, just think what you'd have to give up. My girlfriend (who is 2nd generation Pakistani) and a good curry is too much! T0SSERS!

I noticed, but took me a while to remember where I saw this...

http://www.independent.co.uk/

I pointed it out in my post. Homeless is the thick skinned BNP stooge around here. It's all water off a duck's back. He is a friendly, cheeky chappie making friends (and hoping to "normalise" the dropping of "BNP" into everyday conversation, I suspect). <_<

In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, brave, hated and

scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him. For then it

costs nothing to be a patriot."

one of the guys out was also an estate agent, ive invited him to here

Jeez... the BNP and an EA too? Are you sure you this wasn't a meeting to celebrate St F*ckwit's day?