House Price Crash Forum

My Neighbours Been Repossesed

marcus

HOLA441

The baliff's turned up today, and repossesed our neighbours house. All their furniture was on the street. She was in tears and the kids were crying.

Apparently, they bought their house 2 years ago for around £800,000 and it's now worth only around £500k. They're mortgaged up to the hilt and can't afford the payments anymore.

It's all really quite sad.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Any chance you could post some evidence?

Perhaps a link to houseprices.co.uk showing the purchase price?

I personally believe that we are going to see many more cases like this in the coming years, but I'd like a little more evidence before I begin to believe these stories.

HOLA443
HOLA444

The baliff's turned up today, and repossesed our neighbours house. All their furniture was on the street. She was in tears and the kids were crying.

Apparently, they bought their house 2 years ago for around £800,000 and it's now worth only around £500k. They're mortgaged up to the hilt and can't afford the payments anymore.

It is desperately sad, especially when people have children. This housing bubble has had victims on all sides. Perhaps the lucky ones were those who decided that they could not afford to buy. Sadly, many people have been deluded into thinking that £300,000 houses are really worth paying £1m for.

HOLA445

It is desperately sad, especially when people have children. This housing bubble has had victims on all sides. Perhaps the lucky ones were those who decided that they could not afford to buy. Sadly, many people have been deluded into thinking that £300,000 houses are really worth paying £1m for.

I was reflecting earlier this week on how (for the most part) our perception has changed, for example the leap from a 300K mortgage to 450K on the basis of self cert etc. is regarded as small change to so many and yet it`s a huge extra commitment.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
Would someone leg pull about families being put on the street?

cant you see this is a classic 'whats a girl to do' post ?

designed for us to reveal our nastiness by rejoicing in this revultion, thus looking like a bunch of financial online bandits. see how they gloat. see how horrible they are....

think about it. 800k house dropped to 500k....mmm...

furniture in 'street'.....mmm....

young family with...'tears'....thinks..?

..m...m..must post provocative answer....must laugh...must say serves them right..urgghh....

HOLA4411

If someone came on here and said their house value had gone UP a lot in the last two years all the bears would be screaming 'prove it!'

But few seem to question a FALL of over 35% in two years...

It MUST be true because it's what bears want to hear... Prices have fallen 35%.

Besides, why would her furniture be on the street?

Were the bailiffs taking this too?

Corret me if I'm wrong but you can't turf families with kids into the street and lock up the house and drive off with the keys.

That would amount to negligence on the part of the bailiff. This would not happen if the family has nowhere to go.

Also very few homes get repossessed following a repossession order. Most owners come to a deal with the lender. perhaps they get a chance to sell the house. This is far better for the owner financially.

If it ended up with repossession then the owners would usually have left (to go to their alternative accommodation) a few days before the bailiffs turn up.

Edited by Without_a_Paddle

HOLA4412

designed for us to reveal our nastiness by rejoicing in this revultion, thus looking like a bunch of financial online bandits. see how they gloat. see how horrible they are....

..m...m..must post provocative answer....must laugh...must say serves them right..urgghh....

Yes your right

Theres nowhere in the UK thats gone down over 35% in the last 2 years. I think the bigger falls in the SE may be 11 or 12%, and if they could afford to buy a house for £800,000 they could afford storage. Its definately a wind up. :angry:

HOLA4413

You and 'without a paddle' have made quite a convincing challenge.

HOLA4414

note the members subtle november sign up too. this is whats know as a sleeper.

i think this has the hallmarks of a TTRTT job.

god help you lot if someone posted that new forum virus known as 'Wet Weasel' on here.

you would all be falling over yourselves posting your cc numbers and sort codes to the far east faster than i could shout awooga......

Edited by right_freds_dead

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Here's another marcus thread (his first?)

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...ic=18336&hl=the

Whats The Point Of This Forum? Options Rating

marcus Nov 1 2005, 11:12 AM Post #1

HPC Newbie

Group: New Members

Member No.: 3,409

What is this forum and website trying to achieve? Are the members merely trying to talk down the housing market because they can't afford their own property. I'm a housebuilder and developer. We've just finished 7 houses in Hemel Hempstead and they all sold for the asking price in 4 months - no incentives whatsoever.

We've just bought another site for 24 in Ampthill and we've noticed a lot of sales and activity in this area also.

I suggest that you all get out there and buy the property of your dreams and enjoy it, it beats living with your mum!

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

What is this forum and website trying to achieve? Are the members merely trying to talk down the housing market because they can't afford their own property. I'm a housebuilder and developer. We've just finished 7 houses in Hemel Hempstead and they all sold for the asking price in 4 months - no incentives whatsoever.

We've just bought another site for 24 in Ampthill and we've noticed a lot of sales and activity in this area also.

I suggest that you all get out there and buy the property of your dreams and enjoy it, it beats living with your mum!

I saw through this bull$hit post, Marcus has a very naive view of how the way lenders actually deal with 'customers', which is suprising for a property developer!

HOLA4419

if he is a property developer - which he possibly really is.

how come someone so dim has made so much money and is probably living in a really nice house.

gah !!

i admit. c'mon. lets all admit it. we are all slightly jelous and mainly upset about our bad timing.

we missed out on the biggest gold ruch the uk has seen in 20 years.

jeysus.....!Q!!!

HOLA4420
Guest The_Oldie

Looks a bit fishy to me.

A previous post by marcus.....

Well done on selling your house. I hope it goes through. Please ignore all these pr***s trying to give you a hard time. They're a bunch of nobodys goiong nowhere and should be on a forum called "icantaffordahousesoimgoingtomoanaboutitontheinternet.com"

Also, marcus's email address is sales@********homes.com. ********homes being the name of an NHBC registered house builder with an active website :rolleyes:.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

i admit. c'mon. lets all admit it. we are all slightly jelous and mainly upset about our bad timing.

we missed out on the biggest gold ruch the uk has seen in 20 years.

I didn't want a house when I was 11, I was too busy playing with the doll house :unsure:

This shouldn't be a personal thing, what's the annual HPI running at? 5%? Other sectors have out performed by magnitudes, and Land Registry data showed detached homes falling -7.5% in Q4 alone round here. Why worry about one day's newspaper headlines when the figures speak volumes? Don't get emotional, you tart :D

Edited by BuyingBear

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Looks a bit fishy to me.

A previous post by marcus.....

Also, marcus's email address is sales@********homes.com. ********homes being the name of an NHBC registered house builder with an active website :rolleyes:.

Thanks Fred and Oldie I think this wraps the case up. Now wheres WALtson? :unsure: