House Price Crash Forum
sam

Cambridge Property Is Being Snapped Up

I had a good look in the Estate Agents for South Cambs and surrounding areas today, seems like all the 2/3 bedroomed property is just flying off the shelf at the moment.

I would have said things have been flat for the 6 previous months, so what has kicked started this i have no idea.

I just do not know what is going on, nothing really supprises me anymore, (o:

The only thing i have noticed is that quite a few prject type propertys have been snapped up quickly, this has to be a BTL thing, it just cannot be FTB's, not for the money thet are asking.

Sam

I had a good look in the Estate Agents for South Cambs and surrounding areas today, seems like all the 2/3 bedroomed property is just flying off the shelf at the moment.

I would have said things have been flat for the 6 previous months, so what has kicked started this i have no idea.

The only thing i have noticed is that quite a few prject type propertys have been snapped up quickly, this has to be a BTL thing, it just cannot be FTB's, not for the money thet are asking.

Sam

Looking at EAs websites asking prices are definitely up in my area. Probably 5 to 10% on this time last year.

This is on 3 beds (£170k semi/terraces) and low end 4 bed deatched (£250k).

Plenty of sold boards are appearing too.

The high end stuff is static or falling and some £500k properties have been on the EA site for 6 months or more.

Sam

Can this be moved to What is property doing in your area?

Or the I can't spell troll subforum?

I asked a friend of mine who does lettings near Milton Keynes how things were going on the house sales side. She told me they had sold more houses so far this year than the whole of last year :o

She thought the reason was that people that held off last year, wondering if there would be a crash, had decided it now was ok to buy :lol::blink:

You are pathetic.

I am not saying it is going to last, i am not saying that these people are not going to get their fingers burn't.

I am just telling you how it is, sorry it is not the mantra you want to hear.

Hopefully there are some more posters from my area who will tell you the same thing, why don't you grow up.

p.s I am lazy when in type, and my spelling is not the greatest in the world....so what, does that make my post null and void now...IDIOT

You are pathetic.

I am not saying it is going to last, i am not saying that these people are not going to get their fingers burn't.

I am just telling you how it is, sorry it is not the mantra you want to hear.

Hopefully there are some more posters from my area who will tell you the same thing, why don't you grow up.

p.s I am lazy when in type, and my spelling is not the greatest in the world....so what, does that make my post null and void now...IDIOT

If you want to post about cambridge post in the correct site.

It is neither idiotic or pathetic to request that you put some effort into your posts.

That is what grown up people do.

You love abusing members on this forum, don't you?

I remember the last few threads you started, all anecdotal rubbish with nothing to back it up.

Why don't you post some rightmove links to back up your story?

The market has picked up round my area. Infact, two removal lorries blocked my shortcut through the back roads coming back from work. Three properties I drive past have now got a sold sign on them which has been on the market for at least 5 months!

I do think it is the last gasp for the market. Suckers rally... winners curse... I think the later half of this year will be the time of the bears once again..! (Unless interest rates go down, which I don't foresee).

Edited by Jason

If you want to post about cambridge post in the correct site.

...unless you are called Undersupply and you want to post about investing in Sierra Leone?

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...c=24966&hl=this

... or investing in Dublin?

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...ic=25632&hl=the

Shouldn't these threads be in the investments section?

:ph34r:

There is a thread on Cambridge in the correct forum that is active as recently as today, with facts on house prices there.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=28398

I do not consider that Sierra Leone or Dublin are good investments,hence I said that I thought they were joke articles: that is why I did not put them in the investment forum.

They are exhibits of the global house price bubble and were worthy of general discussion or so I thought.

If they were not, I would have no problem if you requested that they be put in a more appropriate forum, and I would not call you an idiot or pathetic for doing so.

Sam

Thats fantastic Sam!!

How many BTl properties have you in your portfolio? You must be making a killing off your tennants at the moment?

Have you got any advice for other nervous but potential BTLr's in the current market, I 'm sure we'd love to hear your astute financial perspective. Should we go interest only? seeing as property prices only ever go UP! UP! UUUUP!! ?

Make your mind up. I thought that nothing they said was to be trusted. Which is it?

TTRTR. or Spring in the Air

You've been rumbled.

Fair Dinkum?

I had a good look in the Estate Agents for South Cambs and surrounding areas today, seems like all the 2/3 bedroomed property is just flying off the shelf at the moment. I would have said things have been flat for the 6 previous months, so what has kicked started this i have no idea. I just do not know what is going on, nothing really supprises me anymore, (o: The only thing i have noticed is that quite a few prject type propertys have been snapped up quickly, this has to be a BTL thing, it just cannot be FTB's, not for the money thet are asking. Sam

Why exactly did you find it necessary to apologise? Did you think people would hold you personnally responsible because properties are selling in South Cambs. Did you think that your report would somehow disturb the Karma of the far seeing bears? Perhaps you flatter yourself.

Sorry but der de der de der de der seems to be going up de der der de de de der der der.

Exactly the same cadence as some VI puppet who disappeared a couple of weeks ago. Forget his name, but his avatar was some smiling old bloke with glasses. Full of 'seems to be going up' posts.

Why exactly did you find it necessary to apologise? Did you think people would hold you personnally responsible because properties are selling in South Cambs. Did you think that your report would somehow disturb the Karma of the far seeing bears? Perhaps you flatter yourself.

NO

The reason i said sorry is because i know the reaction you are going to get from the members on this site if you do not say the right thing in the right way, i believe that a crash/correction is going to happen at some point, but just because posters on here try and stick to HPC mantra 1000s of times a week is not going to make anything happen any quicker.

The fact is that in many areas property is selling right now, THATS THE WAY IT IS, i prefer to witness the property market and the inevitable crash as it really happens, not how many of you want it to happen.

The fact is people are going to be stupid for far longer than any of us imagined, hence prices going up further, the fact is that the VI's are doing their job well.

On a different note, are you ok in the head Randell Herbert, the fact that you really believe that you are on to something is scary, i am on your side moron.

Sam

NO

The reason i said sorry is because i know the reaction you are going to get from the members on this site if you do not say the right thing in the right way, i believe that a crash/correction is going to happen at some point, but just because posters on here try and stick to HPC mantra 1000s of times a week is not going to make anything happen any quicker.

The fact is that in many areas property is selling right now, THATS THE WAY IT IS, i prefer to witness the property market and the inevitable crash as it really happens, not how many of you want it to happen.

The fact is people are going to be stupid for far longer than any of us imagined, hence prices going up further, the fact is that the VI's are doing their job well.

On a different note, are you ok in the head Randell Herbert, the fact that you really believe that you are on to something is scary, i am on your side moron.

Sam

I get your point Sam and agree with you 100%.

There are some very nasty posters on this forum, who don't want to here anything agaisnt the HPC way.

Likewise things have picked up in my area, shouldhave known better that to post it on here though :blink:

To translate: "can we get rid of this post as it suggests house prices are going up". Just about sums HPC up. The news that someone has actually spent money on this wishful-thinking-by-the-brain-dead platform is astounding.

To translate: "can we get rid of this post as it suggests house prices are going up". Just about sums HPC up. The news that someone has actually spent money on this wishful-thinking-by-the-brain-dead platform is astounding.

Oh surely not. It's worth every penny just having you here..

Oh surely not. It's worth every penny just having you here..

I didn't realise you got paid to visit this site. Perhaps it is worth a visit after all. The debate is very well informed and balanced. Please can I have my £10?

NO, The reason i said sorry is because i know the reaction you are going to get from the members on this site if you do not say the right thing in the right way, i believe that a crash/correction is going to happen at some point, but just because posters on here try and stick to HPC mantra 1000s of times a week is not going to make anything happen any quicker.

Sam

Your contribution looks suspiciously like a troll post. You start with the 'sorry guys but I am on your side really' and then you try to paint a perception of a booming house market based on heresay evidence in one locality.

Your contribution looks suspiciously like a troll post. You start with the 'sorry guys but I am on your side really' and then you try to paint a perception of a booming house market based on heresay evidence in one locality.

HPC Forum, they are always trolls eh!

We have just got back from Warminster, Wiltshire and I have to agree with Sam that prices appear higher and there is a rash of sold boards - even on stuff that has been hanging about since last summer!

Its the last thing we want to see but there you go, a definite bounce or something.

Its demoralising as over the years we have been waiting, our salaries have crept up and we have saved a good deposit - but we never seem to get any closer to being able to buy anything other than the crapiest properties.

PO :(

Looking at EAs websites asking prices are definitely up in my area. Probably 5 to 10% on this time last year.

This is on 3 beds (£170k semi/terraces) and low end 4 bed deatched (£250k).

Plenty of sold boards are appearing too.

The high end stuff is static or falling and some £500k properties have been on the EA site for 6 months or more.

We complete a purchase on the 2nd May. If I'd sorted out my offer a couple of weeks earlier, it would have cost me 5k less. The best window to buy (so far) was Q3 05.

Are some of you really so stupid, this sort of reply makes me so f*****g angry.

How do you want your fairytale property crash to pan out and we will all oblige you with with you want.

Lets see if i can start the story off, as from today prices will not go up any further, rates will go up, and the Haliwide will just show falls of 2% a month for the next couple of years, is that what you want to hear numpty.

What if someone on this site had said to you three years ago that prices would go up another 30/40%, would you have called them a troll.

I will repeat this again, I NEED A PROPERTY CRASH, but dreaming about a certain scenario is not going to help me in the least.

Far too much debt has been taken on in this Country, it will go t**s up eventually, but before that happens anything is possible.

Maybe struggling homeowners are tougher than you give them credit for, maybe lenders will lend even more(use debt to pay off debt), maybe people will continue being stupid for a lot longer, who knows.

People like you getting upset with anyone that does not stick with the HPC manta are the real trolls, how can the crash be monitored properly with the like of you about.

Sam