House Price Crash Forum

Money Getting Tight In The Public Sector?

HOLA441

Is the gravy train running out of bisto?

In May last year (whilst the confusion over MGR was at it's height) I traded in my R45 for a new ZS 2.0 TD 115. It was the only one that the dealer could lay his hands on at that time and Iwas told that because of various trim bits (and something about the engine that I didn't understand), it was unique - the only one they made. I love this car and I've kept it in mint condition - only 8,000 miles.

But I work for the Council and they've just done what they call a Job Evaluation Process - as directd by the Government (John Prescott in particular). The imediate effect is that they are going to cut my wages by a wopping £5,500pa and I just don't think I can manage the mortgage and the car. I want another job but there's nothing round here except engineering and manufacturing which I don't know anything about so I doubt that anyone would employ a 41 year old anyway. I'm in termoil and depressed...

Does anyone know how much I'd get for the car please ?

http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=123515

HOLA442
HOLA443

Is the gravy train running out of bisto?

http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=123515

There is a large project in local government to re-allign pay and conditions across the country and across departments (I think they call it the single tier workforce plan). Apparently teams of consultants and officials have been working on this for years - at our expense. I understand the impact can be significant for individuals. Broadly, its likely to be favourable to those in the North and with history of unionism, but may result in pay cuts or freezed for quite a large number of workers (assuming it is ever implemented).

HOLA444
HOLA445
He probably does a useful job on a modest wage, as such cut backs need to be made so funds can be directed to much needed cluster co-ordinators, open space policy directors and such like.

Don't forget ID card checkers and passport interviewers.

HOLA446
HOLA447
Are YOU SMOKING!?

Good point: Brown is probably going to need a few million smoking monitors to make sure we don't smoke in public places.

Just think of all these creative ways he can reduce unemployment!

HOLA448

Are YOU SMOKING!?

no...just having impure thoughts!!!....OH BUGGER,THAT'S A CRIMINAL OFFENCE NOW TOO!!!!

SOMEBODY SEND FOR THE CLOCKWORK-ORANGE POLICE CAMP FILM REHAB THING!!!!!

I have the urge to beat young maidens with a giant porcelain phallus!!

HOLA449

Good point: Brown is probably going to need a few million smoking monitors to make sure we don't smoke in public places.

Just think of all these creative ways he can reduce unemployment!

Luckily we have Gordon to do that for us.

My local council now threatens a £1000 fine if we don't recycle 'properly', chuck an old deodorant spray into the wrong compartment and you're in big trouble! In turn central government fines the council if they breach their landfill 'targets'. Fines, targets, wardens, inspectors; wonderful stuff.

Edited by BuyingBear

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

SOMEBODY SEND FOR THE CLOCKWORK-ORANGE POLICE CAMP FILM REHAB THING!!!!!

Is your neighbour using a hosepipe on his bourgeoisie lawn? We want to know, you are our eyes and ears, let us know, shop your wife or husband, the Stasi British government thanks you. We will look after you, Big Brown loves you, you love Big Brown.

Edited by BuyingBear

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Is your neighbour using a hosepipe on his bourgeoisie lawn? We want to know, you are our eyes and ears, let us know, shop your wife or husband, the Stasi British government thanks you. We will look after you, Big Brown loves you, you love Big Brown.

BE-WELL,MY LITTLE BROTHER!!!!!!....BUT TAKE IT EASY ON THE MOLOKO!!(ok it's newspeak between clockwork orange and demolition man!!)

Edited by oracle

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Luckily we have Gordon to that for us.

My local council now threatens a £1000 fine if we don't recycle 'properly', chuck an old deodorant spray into the wrong compartment and you're in big trouble! In turn central government fines the council if they breach their landfill 'targets'. Fines, targets, wardens, inspectors; wonderful stuff.

All signs of a massively overpopulated island, where the peasants have to be micro-managed and co-erced into behaving as the Government wants - creeping reduction in freedoms, all part of the same heady mix.

Reduce the population by half, and people would have space to breathe, space for decent sized houses, less pollution, more water than we would know what to do with, no gridlocked roads. Generally, a much nicer environment to live in.

So whats happening ? - the complete opposite, we have a group of politicians who intend to ram another 6 million low wage immigrants into the country in the next 25 years. Complete recipe for disaster that everyone can see coming a mile off, but the demands for cheap labour and consumerist expansion overide the long term health of the nation.

They can either choose, to have a plan to slowly manage the population down whilst upsetting no one, and get our resources more in balance with our population or wait until the whole thing falls apart and then there will be great social unrest. They've chosen the latter option, baffoons, the lot of them.

HOLA4416

All signs of a massively overpopulated island, where the peasants have to be micro-managed and co-erced into behaving as the Government wants - creeping reduction in freedoms, all part of the same heady mix.

Reduce the population by half, and people would have space to breathe, space for decent sized houses, less pollution, more water than we would know what to do with, no gridlocked roads. Generally, a much nicer environment to live in.

So whats happening ? - the complete opposite, we have a group of politicians who intend to ram another 6 million low wage immigrants into the country in the next 25 years. Complete recipe for disaster that everyone can see coming a mile off, but the demands for cheap labour and consumerist expansion overide the long term health of the nation.

They can either choose, to have a plan to slowly manage the population down whilst upsetting no one, and get our resources more in balance with our population or wait until the whole thing falls apart and then there will be great social unrest. They've chosen the latter option, baffoons, the lot of them.

FOR ONCE I AGREE with you!!!!

...if you think that politicains are ther to serve you,you need your head read!!!!

they are more than happy to talk b0ll0cks and come round once every 4 years for your vote,rather than make any real difference.

HOLA4417

More like a massively overpopulated public sector, back when public employment was this high the government still did lots of Useful Shit like run the electricity boards, gas, water, airports, airlines, telecoms, railways, steel, oil etc, now these things are undertaken in the private sphere, as such the ever increasing number of civil servants don't actually have anything left to do as they've grown tired of dealing with crime, policing, health, education and troublesome stuff like that, so they think of new stuff to meddle in... they micro-manage your life and nannify the entire state.

It rather depends if you're refering to land or society, we have a very an@l society and system with 90% of the people crammed into 6% of the land, this is just wrong and creates half the problems to begin with, I'll leave it for you to decide where our masters actually live.

If we had half the population we'd still have the same number of bottom inspectors, if not more, there is no limit to this sort of thing, the NHS already has more administrators than beds, patients are bothersome, they just get in the way and ask for things... like clean wards.

Edited by BuyingBear

HOLA4418

More like a massively overpopulated public sector, back when public employment was this high the government still did lots of Useful Shit like run the electricity boards, gas, water, airports, airlines, railways, steel, oil etc, now these things are undertaken in the private sphere, as such the ever increasing number of civil servants don't actually have anything left to do as they've grown tied of dealing with crime, policing, education and troublesome stuff like that, so they think of new stuff to meddle in... they micro-manage your life and nannify the entire state. It rather depends if you're refering to land or society, we have a very ******** society and system crammed with 90% the people crammed into 6% of the land, I'll leave for you to decide where our masters actually live.

If we had half the population we'd still have the same number of bottom inspectors, if not more, there is no limit to this sort of thing, the NHS already has more administrators than beds, patients are bothersome, they just get in the way and ask for things... like clean wards.

Well, I tend to agree with you, the whole nanny state thing needs to be dismantled as well IMHO.

I think hospitals, pensions, social benefits, education should be completely and utterly decentralised and taken out of the hands of central government. In my simplistic view of a better tomorrow, I would much rather all these were provided by some kind of 'co-operative movement' where we choose to pay our subscriptions to a co-op and they then procure the services when we need them - they should be devoid of politics and be there just to provide the services for their members.

Perhaps in this way, there would be more service options, and less political interfering and changing of strategies every few years when ministers or Governments change. I guess, as co-op members we could perhaps vote for the Co-op board members and replace them every 10 years, to make sure we don't get too many fat cats.

Our politicians are self serving, know alls, who should be brought to heel and somehow co-erced into doing what we want them to do, rather than the other way round.

Amen

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

But I work for the Council (...) I want another job but there's nothing round here except engineering and manufacturing515[/url]

Well.. he is honest. Not many industries are crying out for disgruntled binmen.

What's he complaining about though. a nice cushy job.. flexitime, retire at 60- and he has a job, car and house..my heart bleeds.. :(