House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OZZIE

Gazumping Is Back:- Imopo In My Local Area

My freinds have just been Gazumped. The property had been for sale over a year and now they have two buyers after it.

I think i was right the spring bounce is happening IMOPO in my local area.

Guest Winners and Losers

IMOPO ????

In My Opinion Post Office?

Is that the best you can offer? Where is your imagination TTRTR? :rolleyes:

Guest Winners and Losers

In my own personal opinion? At least that's what I would have thought.....hey what do I know?

WAL What happened? You've morphed into a human and turned blue :blink:

I did it for Shaker, so he can see what I look like every time I post. :wub:

why do posters keep referring to '' my local area'' in their anecdotes without the important bit about where it is??

He's in Nottinghamshire, and he's always saying... they're selling quickly here!

Ooh... look another ones sold within minutes!

A property just sold 20% above last years price!

etc... etc... etc...

Robin Hood, Robin Hood,

Riding through the glen,

Robin Hood, Robin Hood,

With his buy-to-let men,

Fearing interest rates, like they all should,

Robin Hood! Robin Hood! Robin Hood!

He called the greatest estate agents

To a tavern on the green,

They vowed to help the people get into more debt,

They handled all the property bubbles

On the English country scene,

And still found plenty of time to sing.

Robin Hood, Robin Hood,

Riding through the glen,

Robin Hood, Robin Hood,

With his band of estate agent men,

Feared by the bears, loved by the VI‘s,

Robin Hood! Robin Hood! Robin Hood!

To be fair to him, it is a hot spot, I checked on LR :( but then, flats in the area are below national average prices.

In my own personal opinion? At least that's what I would have thought.....hey what do I know?

I knew when I questioned it that there was a reasonable chance that the answer, once known, would be very obvious......

Just like choosing not to buy a house, the outcome is very obvious.....(just keeping things on topic).

Thanks.

Edited by Time to raise the rents.

Yeah and being on skid row creates an active imagination. Like the one that wrote your sig & refuses to update it to the TRUTH.

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH! :P

Trust me, I will update it just as soon as the land reg quarterlies are out.

Gazumping is just a sign that the EA has poorly valued the property - it should have been considerably higher.

The way to stop gazumping is to market properties substantially higher, to thus restrict those that can afford the property, rather than having people fight over it and get into a bidding war.

Gazumping is back, means that there will be a step change of +10% very rapidly, if its not already happened. I now think price rises are going to be in double digits this year.

Oh happy times

Gazumping is just a sign that the EA has poorly valued the property - it should have been considerably higher.

The way to stop gazumping is to market properties substantially higher, to thus restrict those that can afford the property, rather than having people fight over it and get into a bidding war.

Gazumping is back, means that there will be a step change of +10% very rapidly, if its not already happened. I now think price rises are going to be in double digits this year.

Oh happy times

yeah probably more like 20%

p.s. do I win £5

Oh happy times

Joy. I would have to agree, we may see decent rises this year too, I suspect 6-8%. I never would have thought it and wonder how long the BoE will sit on their hands. Certainly where I live in North Yorkshire, houses are shifting fairly quickly now.

WAL What happened? You've morphed into a human and turned blue :blink:

:lol::lol::lol:

I wonder what other opinions he has apart from his personal one? :lol::lol:

No that couldnt be right

maybe In my own public office no order .........whatever

Edited by Flat Bear

:lol::lol::lol:

I wonder what other opinions he has apart from his personal one? :lol::lol:

No that couldnt be right

maybe In my own public office no order .........whatever

I take that as a stab at me...

Hmm lets see… In my own public/pretentious/pompous/pragmatic/practical/etc opinion.

I think I could come up with a few others but I have better things to do.

IMOPO

THIS WAS FOR THE BENEFIT FOR POSTERS WHO WERE UNHAPPY THAT MY ANECTODTAL THREAD TITLE

WAS TOO VAGUE AND COULD MISLEAD MANY POTENTIAL BUYERS IN TO ACTUALLY THINKING PROPERTY TRANSACTIONS HAD PICKED UP COUNTRY WIDE THIS SPRING.

IM NOT EVEN A BULL VERY MUCH A BEAR.

POSTERS ON HERE REALLY DONT LIKE IT WHEN THEY HEAR THINGS THAT DONT SUIT THEM.

I take that as a stab at me...

Hmm lets see… In my own public/pretentious/pompous/pragmatic/practical/etc opinion.

I think I could come up with a few others but I have better things to do.

:lol::lol:

IMOPO

THIS WAS FOR THE BENEFIT FOR POSTERS WHO WERE UNHAPPY THAT MY ANECTODTAL THREAD TITLE

WAS TOO VAGUE AND COULD MISLEAD MANY POTENTIAL BUYERS IN TO ACTUALLY THINKING PROPERTY TRANSACTIONS HAD PICKED UP COUNTRY WIDE THIS SPRING.

IM NOT EVEN A BULL VERY MUCH A BEAR.

POSTERS ON HERE REALLY DONT LIKE IT WHEN THEY HEAR THINGS THAT DONT SUIT THEM.

OK what does IMOPO mean?

Oh happy times

This property had been unsold for a year and was reduced 3 times. Spring came they offered got it and then were gazumped.

It is obvious to me the answer, rates have been stable for some time, joe public has not seen a crash and the media is not hyping one. Thus around my local area it appears that buyers are coming back this spring!!

This property had been unsold for a year and was reduced 3 times. Spring came they offered got it and then were gazumped.

It is obvious to me the answer, rates have been stable for some time, joe public has not seen a crash and the media is not hyping one. Thus around my local area it appears that buyers are coming back this spring!!

I dont think its just in your local area it seems to be all over. There seems to be a panick without any reason for it. Ive asked 2 people why they feel they must buy now, they said houses are selling but didnt have an answer why they must buy now. I think it is the "Lemming" factor.

I realise youve just bought a house so good luck and enjoy it as theres more to owning a house than speculation, you seem to be trying to justify it, but over the next 5 years I am fairly certain there will be a substantial correction which wont effect just housing but the general economy as well. But you will still need somewhere to live during this time.

Edited by Flat Bear