House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Cornwall: 2nd Home Market Double Local Purchases

http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/displayNod...&folderPk=83306

SECOND THOUGHTS ABOUT SECOND HOMES?

11:36 - 20 April 2006
So Cornwall has topped the premiership league table. But I don't think anyone's celebrating...
???unless you are a property speculator or someone with more than one home to play with.
Last year I undertook a survey of local estate agents which showed that twice as many local properties were sold to second home buyers (16 per cent) as were sold to first time buyers (eight per cent).
I have been asking Government Ministers for years to do something more effective.
I hope the Commission reports will encourage those same Ministers to have second thoughts about their earlier misgivings that they may upset the lucrative second home market.

And spoil Gordon's Miracle Econmy which stands on the foundation of HPI, MEW and multiple home ownership and scr*w the locals? Let them eat cake......

It's good to read about local's being priced out and HPI being a bad thing for some. Channel4 could just cut the power off to Cornwall when they screen Krusty and Phils new ramping BTL program to stop a riot. :o

I presume that second home owners don't get to vote in Cornwall elections, do they? So if they become too unpopular, it's possible that doing something might become an election issue.

Billy Shears

cornwalls too 'peachy creamy' for its own good.

they should trash it up a bit. put the 2nd homers off.

hard to imagine not that long ago it was full of tin miners and scone bakers.

its the lack of hard manual work thats attracting the londoners...