House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Iran Says Oil Price Rises Are "very Good"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12417998/

Iran's leader hails rising oil prices as ‘very good’

Ahmadinejad says Tehran looking at ways to poor states impact of surge

Updated: 7:28 a.m. ET April 21, 2006

TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's president said on Friday the rise in oil price was “very good,” Iran’s Mehr News Agency reported, emphasizing the hawkish position of the world’s fourth largest oil exporter as crude prices have hit record levels.
“The increase of the oil price and growth of oil income is very good and we hope that the oil prices reach their real levels,” Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said as he toured an oil exhibition in Tehran, the agency reported.

How to bring down western economies in quick and easy steps: bomb the World Trade Center and force Al Greenspan to prop up the damage to confidence with overly accomodative rates to inflate commodities and house prices, tie up UK and US troops in a Iraqi Civil War and supply one side against the other, ramp oil prices. IT might have worked but for those darn bunker busters.

How to bring down western economies in quick and easy steps: bomb the World Trade Center and force Al Greenspan to prop up the damage to confidence with overly accomodative rates to inflate commodities and house prices, tie up UK and US troops in a Iraqi Civil War and supply one side against the other, ramp oil prices. IT might have worked but for those darn bunker busters.

RB, rants like this don't exactly boost your credibility. :huh:

I can see the headlines now,

"Great news for oil prices."

"Middle East tensions give brighter outlook for oil."

"Britain tops oil price winners list"

And the token Bear Article:

"Why rising oil prices may not necessarily be a good thing."

In all fairness, if house price increases are good, why can't oil price increases be good too?? :unsure:

Edited by OzzMosiz

In all fairness, if house price increases are good, why can't oil price increases be good too?? :unsure:

I was referring to the conspiracy theory bit at the bottom, not the article itself. RB would be more than happy for a few biblical yarns to come true.

Hang on, there's a perfect Red Heifer in my garden. Anyone interested?

Edited by tahoma

My commentary was on the actual effects of Extreme Islamic policy: 9/11 and the consequential action by the Fed that blew the HPI bubble up, the War in Iraq as a follow up to the 9/11 bombings and now the oil price spikes. They have all happened and the world is feeling their affects. History is a good teacher if we learn from it. The problem some Bulls have is believing that it will be different this time or that there is a new paradigm where the laws of supply and demand no longer apply. They see what is happening but don't see the reality of it.

Edited by Realistbear

My commentary was on the actual effects of Extreme Islamic policy: 9/11 and the consequential action by the Fed that blew the HPI bubble up,... [Realistbear]

The Fed's overly accommodative interest rates were a response to the collapse of the dot com bubble and had little if anything to do with 9/11. Hurricane Katrina was far more disruptive to the US economy and the Fed just carried on raising rates throughout.

My commentary was on the actual effects of Extreme Islamic policy: 9/11 and the consequential action by the Fed that blew the HPI bubble up,... [Realistbear]

The Fed's overly accommodative interest rates were a response to the collapse of the dot com bubble and had little if anything to do with 9/11. Hurricane Katrina was far more disruptive to the US economy and the Fed just carried on raising rates throughout.

I was living in the US on 9/11 and the reaction by Wall Street was a sharp sell off--I know because my portfolio took a very large hit. A recession was thwarted (delayed) by the Fed lowering rates for the next couple of years. Tightening did not begin until July 2004 when the rate went from the low of 1% to 1.25%. The Fed rate stood at around 5% in early 2001 before the NY attack. Katrina only disrupted Southern economies and actually boosted GDP with a largescale building program that temporarily halted the slide in house prices in the region. But I think you are right, the Dot.com bubble bursting was additional incentive for the Fed to lower rates to try to help the economy recover.

Edited by Realistbear

I was living in the US on 9/11 and the reaction by Wall Street was a sharp sell off--I know because my portfolio took a very large hit. [RealistBear]

Just as the London market did after the London bombings. Both were just a temporary reaction. The downward trend in markets and confidence at the time was due to the collapse in the dot com bubble.

Katrina only disrupted Southern economies and actually boosted GDP with a largescale building program that temporarily halted the slide in house prices in the region. [RealistBear]

The 9/11 attacks only impacted a small area of New York and the Pentagon. Apart from the airline industry the rest of the economy was little affected, although there was a substantial boost to defence spending which continues today.

I was living in the US on 9/11 and the reaction by Wall Street was a sharp sell off--I know because my portfolio took a very large hit. [RealistBear]

Just as the London market did after the London bombings. Both were just a temporary reaction. The downward trend in markets and confidence at the time was due to the collapse in the dot com bubble.

Katrina only disrupted Southern economies and actually boosted GDP with a largescale building program that temporarily halted the slide in house prices in the region. [RealistBear]

The 9/11 attacks only impacted a small area of New York and the Pentagon. Apart from the airline industry the rest of the economy was little affected, although there was a substantial boost to defence spending which continues today.

Nah,

for economic sustainability people need to be spending. You ask Americans what was the single worst moment in the last 50 years of the USA and 90%+ will say 9/11.

They crapped themselves en masse, it was massive shock and awe and it was followed up by the shoe bomber, the washington sniper and the antrax letters. Terrorism.

The fact you have forgotten all this is why rates are now back to 5%. Don't you see?

Keep people happy and they will go shopping, the risk of 9/11 effecting the US economy was too great to ignore, imagine the Islamic fundamentalist propeganda that would have followed if US PLC had been derailed.

AG dished out the money, and everyone cheered on their boys in Afghanistan and Iraq.

The dotcom burst was already behind them. They got kicked when they were down.

Edited by ?...!

The fact you have forgotten all this is why rates are now back to 5%. Don't you see? [?...!]

I've not forgotten anything at all. I don't buy the argument. It's an urban myth.

The dotcom burst was already behind them. [?...!]

It had only just started to effect the rest of the economy.

Yes but it was Bush who had the towers bombed on 9-11

It’s Bush that makes more profit as the oil price goes up (Texas Oil man)

It’s USD$ we need to buy to exchange for oil (Thanks America)

GW-Bush makes a fortune from the companies that produces weapons, Runsfault and condy lies loves it too.

Now Bush has a reason to introduce emergency laws to take away Americans freedom and Blair will follow suite.

The New World Order is alive and kicking

Yes but it was Bush who had the towers bombed on 9-11

It’s Bush that makes more profit as the oil price goes up (Texas Oil man)

It’s USD$ we need to buy to exchange for oil (Thanks America)

GW-Bush makes a fortune from the companies that produces weapons, Runsfault and condy lies loves it too.

Now Bush has a reason to introduce emergency laws to take away Americans freedom and Blair will follow suite.

The New World Order is alive and kicking

THere are rumours that Elvis is still alive also and that Johnson had Kennedy shot. But I know what you mean, some have suggested Roosevelt had the Japs bomb Pearl Harbour to get the world out of the post depression slump. That Blair had the tube bombings carried out to gain support for the Iraqi War at a time when public opinion was starting to go against him.

I think 9-11 was an oppotunistic event carried out by Islamic Extremists to fulfill their long standing goals of toppling Western democracies and bringing about the rule by Mullah. Then they will have all of the oil at their disposal and the Koran to keep the dissidents in line.

The fact you have forgotten all this is why rates are now back to 5%. Don't you see? [?...!]

I've not forgotten anything at all. I don't buy the argument. It's an urban myth.

The dotcom burst was already behind them. [?...!]

It had only just started to effect the rest of the economy.

Check the time line it's documented in history.

Following 9/11 people were afraid to go to work and certainly scared to shop, rates were slashed to combat this dip in sentiment, which was potentially much more potent than the inevitable crash in dotcom stocks, wealth that was wiped out as easily as it was created. Mostly it was the suckers who bought at the top who lost fortunes.

If your populous wants to stay home your economy is on its knees. Give them cheap money and they will go to the store.

You are ignoring the post 9/11 climate. It was much worse than you think.