House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Winners and Losers

Unemployment

Guest Winners and Losers

I am a HR Exec and am currently being inudated with calls from recruitment agencies - daily. OK, nothing new per se, but I do sense an increasing feeling of desperation in them trying to find work for people. May not mean anything, but they are saying it is getting harder.

What is the line of business, if its health related then that comes as no suprise.

Looking at last nights question time, Labour are now making no secret that the cutbacks in NHS overspends will come in the form of hospital closures, and front line staff. They intend to keep the bean counting spongers who report to central government as they see them as their handle on the inside.

Guest Winners and Losers

What is the line of business, if its health related then that comes as no suprise.

Looking at last nights question time, Labour are now making no secret that the cutbacks in NHS overspends will come in the form of hospital closures, and front line staff. They intend to keep the bean counting spongers who report to central government as they see them as their handle on the inside.

Funnily enough it is health related not-for-profit, but not NHS. Scary times ahead in the health sector. I spent 3 years working in NHS equivalent in Oz - and they worry about their waiting lists!! It's nothing compared to here. I think I'm going to try and get a Uni job, faculty of medicine or such! :)

Funnily enough it is health related not-for-profit, but not NHS. Scary times ahead in the health sector. I spent 3 years working in NHS equivalent in Oz - and they worry about their waiting lists!! It's nothing compared to here. I think I'm going to try and get a Uni job, faculty of medicine or such! :)

omg.gif

Please say its not the same place I worked in in London.

Guest Winners and Losers

omg.gif

Please say its not the same place I worked in in London.

Image not downloading. Don't tell me we've already 'met'. Is there anyone left out there ShaggerShakerbaby?

Image not downloading. Don't tell me we've already 'met'. Is there anyone left out there ShaggerShakerbaby?

Have you read Notes of a Dirty Old Man? :unsure: And I dont mean Catch22's! :P;)

Guest Winners and Losers

Have you read Notes of a Dirty Old Man? :unsure: And I dont mean Catch22's! :P;)

Sorry, what, no, no, I was just having a little nap, I am listening...

Sorry, what, no, no, I was just having a little nap, I am listening...

You dont know your Bukowski then. ;)

Guest Winners and Losers

You dont know your Bukowski then. ;)

Oooo - well excuse me! I thought you were talking about yourself! :lol:

I know my Bukowski, just never thought you would! :o

Guest Winners and Losers

*makes hand whooshing over head gesture*

:huh:

Don't worry, Shaker doesn't know Bukowski either - he just did a quick google. :rolleyes:

Will he stop at nothing to impress WAL? :lol:

Don't worry, Shaker doesn't know Bukowski either - he just did a quick google. :rolleyes:

Will he stop at nothing to impress WAL? :lol:

The mans a hussy. :P

Guest Winners and Losers

The mans a hussy. :P

You're preaching to the converted. :rolleyes:

Guest Winners and Losers

Little update

A total of 8 calls just today - and we are not a huge organisation.

"We have a fantastic blah, blah, just registered with us - do you have any vacancies"

No need to go to them anymore, they come to you.

Call number 9 just in - as above.

Little update

A total of 8 calls just today - and we are not a huge organisation.

"We have a fantastic blah, blah, just registered with us - do you have any vacancies"

No need to go to them anymore, they come to you.

Call number 9 just in - as above.

You actually work! :rolleyes:

A local job agency send in a huge box of creme eggs for easter to our office. Smacked of desperation to me at the time.

My employer is not recruiting except in exceptional circumstances. Moreso, they will NOT use agencies in order to save money.

NDL

Guest Winners and Losers

A local job agency send in a huge box of creme eggs for easter to our office. Smacked of desperation to me at the time.

My employer is not recruiting except in exceptional circumstances. Moreso, they will NOT use agencies in order to save money.

NDL

That is what I have been telling the agencies - WE DON'T USE AGENCIES! We are a charity FFS. Another favourite line they like to trot out is that 'this candidate has expressed an interest in working for an organisation like yours'. My response, tell them to look on our website for vacancies then. Duh!! Mind you, I wasn't complaining when the strapping young lad from Office Angels brought me 4 donuts and an easter egg 'angel'. I spent another hour convincing two poor agency hacks of the impending HPC - one of them keeps emailing me to ask me if he should buy :unsure: (don't tell Shaker, he very jealous :rolleyes: ).