House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Winners and Losers

Higher Oil Prices Will Not Effect Economy

Guest Winners and Losers

News this morning. The BBC's economonic correspondent says that the rise in oil prices will have NO effect on the economy as we have moved away from manufacturing (which is oil thirsty), to services, which is not. Well, there you go then. It's that simple. Panic over.

Edited by Winners and Losers

Guest Winners and Losers

I'm in the service industry and am moving to a horse and cart for my transport.

I only do 20,000 miles a year.

;)

Darn, now the price of horse shoes is going to go through the roof! :rolleyes:

Ahh, thank god we no longer have demand for transport, any sort of plastics, imported goods, air travel, pharmaceuticals, intensive farming, fertilizers, pesticides, polymers, glass production, household or base chemicals, energy for mined commodities and finished metals like steel; aluminium, electricity, natural gas, or anything else derived by or through oil.

I often have a wry smile for exactly those reasons whenever a unthinking greenie that says "I don't care about the oil price as I don't own a car", it's as if everything around them is produced and transported to them as if by magic, obviously the world doesn't revolve around the sun by the naive fool in question!

Our whole world and economy is based around cheap oil, it's propelled by cheap and plentiful energy, it's like a steroid that pumps through all the arteries of society, it's goes far wider and deeper than motor cars!

It's going to be very hard to adjust to limited or expensive oil.

Darn, now the price of horse shoes is going to go through the roof! :rolleyes:

You're going to need a lot of donkeys to generate all the energy required to produce a single set of horse shoes.

You're going to need a lot of donkeys to generate all the energy required to produce a single set of horse shoes.

It cleary is an ass of a situation. :lol:

Edited by music man

Guest Winners and Losers

I will not tolerate you people doubting the accurate reporting of the BBC! :(

Doom Mongers! ;)

It cleary is an ass of a situation. :lol:

I wont even ask how you're going to produce all that food for all those over worked donkeys.

ed. Not to mention people!

Edited by BuyingBear

Guest Winners and Losers

I wont even ask how you're going to produce all that food for all those over worked donkeys.

Especially with that chronic shortage of land - as reported by the BBC. Where are we going to keep all the donkey's?? Eee Aw.

Especially with that chronic shortage of land - as reported by the BBC. Where are we going to keep all the donkey's?? Eee Aw.

And farmers not able to grow crops for people to eat as it's not profitable. The last Farm industry conference I went to was promoting bio-fuel crops.

As well as holiday camps and any kind of diversification away from food.

Apparently some farmers feel that they like and wish to continue being part of the food supply though. Strange concept these days.

Not In My Back Yard, that's for sure! Err, as we're all condemned to live in highrise blocks without gardens this isn't really a concern. Take a look at a futuristic filling station, (for the uninitiated look at the large round things in the background).

Guest Winners and Losers

(for the uninitiated look at the large round things in the background).

What are THEY??? Who is that cute boy in your avatar BB? :P

Guest Winners and Losers

A man being crushed by this cruel, cruel country.

It's always the good one's that get taken! :angry: