House Price Crash Forum
Jem

Globalisation Of The South East

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspaper/0,,...2136270,00.html

Here is more evidence that the housing market in the South East is now a global commodity. FTB's must not only compete with the new wealth of India and China but also with the French and other Europeans attracted by the UK's vibrant economy. Prices will only decline if these sources of potential buyers come to an end. This is very unlikely in the near future.

The only thing for FTB's to do is to get onto the ladder as soon as possible or if they want to live in the South East is to purchase elsewhere in the UK or world where its cheaper and become landlords themselves in order to finance a lifestyle in London and the South East.

Those who argue for the waiting game are deluded and bound to a model of a housing market that no longer exists.

Those who argue for the waiting game are deluded and bound to a model of a housing market that no longer exists.

What does this phrase mean?

These are exactly the people that will rapidly leave once the economy goes into its next recession. While I like London, lots of people are only there because of the wages. Remove those and they will leave on mass.

Vibrant? :lol:

It's alright but Bristol is much more chilled. Let the sheikhs and businessmen have King's Road etc etc, I'll being chilling out in the Mendips, wandering over the Ship Inn for a nice Butcome staek and ale pie.

What does this phrase mean?

Many contributors here argue that its just a matter of time before the bubble is set to burst - and house prices will cascade downwards. This assumption is based on the boom and bust model of house prices, which admittedly has been the dominant model so far. However, it does not factor in that property in London and the South East is now a global commodity with massive demand for property and therefore making FTB's superfluous to the market. TO ALL FTB'S GET ON THE LADDER NOW! Advice I gave to several FTB's two years ago, all of them would not be able to afford their properties currently.

I am not an EA, in fact it would be very good if prices fell to realistic levels, I'm afraid it's not going to happen in London and the South East.

Here is more evidence that the housing market in the South East is now a global commodity.

Then UK rates are irrelevant: and global rates are going up.

attracted by the UK's vibrant economy

A 'vibrant economy' where young workers can't afford to buy a house. How will that work, exactly?

That's right kids - it's a New Paradigm!

And of course that old favourite trotted out at the peak of every boom: It's Different This Time.

If you don't get that 200K mortgage on your dream studio you've had your eye on - you know the one, the one above the kebab shop up Neasden High Street. Well jump in quick kids - there's a wall of Saudi Petro dollars are gonna send the prices to the moon.

LOL. I've never been more bearish on UK property than I am today.

Many contributors here argue that its just a matter of time before the bubble is set to burst - and house prices will cascade downwards. This assumption is based on the boom and bust model of house prices, which admittedly has been the dominant model so far. However, it does not factor in that property in London and the South East is now a global commodity with massive demand for property and therefore making FTB's superfluous to the market. TO ALL FTB'S GET ON THE LADDER NOW! Advice I gave to several FTB's two years ago, all of them would not be able to afford their properties currently.

I am not an EA, in fact it would be very good if prices fell to realistic levels, I'm afraid it's not going to happen in London and the South East.

What do you mean by Global commodity? Do you mean that everyone in the world wants to live here?

As you know there is no money in BTL (this has now been proven way beyond doubt) But when all these people move here they will no longer be "global" but English. So i cant see what your point is.

So i cant see what your point is.

He's saying that stupid Arabs and French people are going to buy overpriced flats in Britain at the peak of a bubble while interest rates are rising around the world, in order to get yields too low even to pay the mortgage interest, if they can actually let them.

I'm so convinced I just rushed out and bought a dozen BTL flats before prices explode.

Yup he's right you know the South East is booming ... just check out Hometracks figures .. prices have rocketed by - 0.5 % Y.o.Y. Bugger if only I'd put my funds into a BTL instead of getting a paltry 5% at the Bank !

Jem, I have been looking at property in Hythe in Kent for a year now and all I see are reductions. I feel sorry for the suckers you advised to buy , they are going to be cursing you very soon. If you aren't an EA you must be a mortgage broker, Financial Advisor or something similar.

Edited by Bearfacts

He's saying that stupid Arabs and French people are going to buy overpriced flats in Britain at the peak of a bubble while interest rates are rising around the world, in order to get yields too low even to pay the mortgage interest, if they can actually let them.

I'm so convinced I just rushed out and bought a dozen BTL flats before prices explode.

But MarkG

It is well known that BTL is a very poor investment in the home counties/London at this time with very low rewards and very high risks so I dont see why these foreigners would invest ?(remember double tax jepody) Where I wonder did he get his figures from? How many people are we talking about?

GLOBALISATION OF THE SOUTH EAST - MORE EVIDENCE

Where is the evidence? You havnt given any

Edited by Flat Bear

Yup he's right you know the South East is booming ... just check out Hometracks figures .. prices have rocketed by - 0.5 % Y.o.Y. Bugger if only I'd put my funds into a BTL instead of getting a paltry 5% at the Bank !

Jem, I have been looking at property in Hythe in Kent for a year now and all I see are reductions. I feel sorry for the suckers you advised to buy , they are going to be cursing you very soon. If you aren't an EA you must be a mortgage broker, Financial Advisor or something similar.

No just a first class banker! ;)

At the top of every bubble you tend to find that the arguments for why a bubble doesn't exist to become their most fervent.

I'll continue to bide my time, thanks.

That's right kids - it's a New Paradigm!

And of course that old favourite trotted out at the peak of every boom: It's Different This Time.

If you don't get that 200K mortgage on your dream studio you've had your eye on - you know the one, the one above the kebab shop up Neasden High Street. Well jump in quick kids - there's a wall of Saudi Petro dollars are gonna send the prices to the moon.

LOL. I've never been more bearish on UK property than I am today.

Yep, it's all boom no bust this time forever. I've heard they've also come up with a new paradigm in Buddhism too. All ying, no yang.

Billy Shears

Actually, an almost identical article appeared in the Guardian very recently- that one included a table comparing the cost of living in Paris (I think) and London - inaccurate and housing was left off (I'm not kidding - the journos obviously failed to realise that the cost of housing is rather important), though I vaguely recall it included gas bills and milk (or was it bread?). :lol:

This is the Blairite press at work in the run up to the May elections - Murdoch and his scum journos and the Guardian turds. These aricles are highly political - we're supposed to understand that Blair has succeeded in building a 'New Jerusalem.' Sick!

The Times is such a crap paper, I never send their journos invites when I'm running press events. Not worth the trouble.

Spotted the use of the term 'Old Europe.'

p!SS OFF RUPERT! http://www.outfoxed.org/

'No-one who saw Melvyn Bragg's dramatic interview with Dennis Potter in 1994 will ever forget it. Potter, who was terminally ill with cancer, yet had lost none of his waspish wit, mused on his life, his work...and his illness.

"I call my cancer Rupert," he told Bragg. "Because that man Murdoch is the one who, if I had the time (I've got too much writing to do)... I would shoot the bugger if I could.

"There is no one person more responsible for the pollution of what was already a fairly polluted press."'

Wonder if Campbell has anything to do with these articles...............

Edited by gruffydd

The whole of the South-East or just a handful of places in London where 'normal' people have never been able to buy anyway? This is like saying the entire northern housing market can now be supported by a handful of priced out southerners that have decided to move.

Yep, it's all boom no bust this time forever. I've heard they've also come up with a new paradigm in Buddhism too. All ying, no yang.

Billy Shears

Given the general arguments made on here, the property market in London and the South East should have crashed sometime in 2003. Here we are, 3 years on, and its still racing on.

What's your explanation?

Given the general arguments made on here, the property market in London and the South East should have crashed sometime in 2003. Here we are, 3 years on, and its still racing on.

What's your explanation?

Nobbers like you.

Welcome Nu Labour Scum Troll poster!!

What's your explanation?

As a bull poster you must have a huge amount to lose if the market does CRASH, we all know you don't post here for the good of our health, just for the good of your own investments health.

You only post all the time because you are trying to buoy sentiment to prevent the inevitable and desireable CRASH in UK property prices!!

Tell me you are trying to help out the poor poor FTB?? I dare you!!