House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
delboypass

Aberdeen

Anything going on in aberdeen??

Trying to get planning permission for my house still - 'We have to protect the green belt ' BLLX

Anyone know how to get stats out of ASPC??

I would like to track the total number of houses they have listed.

Must be into the hundreds.....

anyone know how many house transactions takes place in Aberdeen - yet they dont reduce their price - some houses been on there for months if not years

Anything going on in aberdeen??

Trying to get planning permission for my house still - 'We have to protect the green belt ' BLLX

Anyone know how to get stats out of ASPC??

I would like to track the total number of houses they have listed.

Must be into the hundreds.....

anyone know how many house transactions takes place in Aberdeen - yet they dont reduce their price - some houses been on there for months if not years

Flat near a friend was going on the market at offers over 75k. A week later it is on ASPC at offers over 65K.

But no doubt Alba will come along and tell you that the market is crazy :rolleyes:

The website only allows you to see 100 matches but if you used the map function you could break it down into sectors and reach a total that way.

The market isnt that crazy. I went to see a nice 3 bedroomed house at offers over 155k. Only had 3 viewings in a week. Similiar homes are being placed on ASPC then are removed a month or so later, they are then relisted a few months down the line.

A lot of houses i investigate were sub £100k in 2002 trying to be poushed for £200k in 2006.

Thats real inflation

and some of these ex council houses - no idea what they are thinking - £80k to live in torry or worse..lol

no thanks

Its not a 1 bedrommed flat he wanted £80k for...

when i was a a student here, 1 bedroomed flats were £20k

Now people believe they can get £60k..

I would rather save and buy a detatched property and jump the first couples of rungs on the ladder..only need another £40k and well worth it in my opinion!

I have been keeping an eye on a particular property in a normally sought after area.

Offers over 155k.

Been on the phone to the ea over the past couple of weeks and as far 2 noted interests and 1 offer. The offer was for 157k.........

I have been keeping an eye on a particular property in a normally sought after area.

Offers over 155k.

Been on the phone to the ea over the past couple of weeks and as far 2 noted interests and 1 offer. The offer was for 157k.........

You must be on the wind up mate; firstly no one is going to tell you what their best offer is and secondly the Aberdeen market is still going through the roof!

I've been outbid on everything i've went for of late despite going in at even 25% above the offer over price.

Let me know the details of the 155k house; i'll look it up on the ASPC and may be interested in it if it's true, somehow I don't believe it is.

You must be on the wind up mate; firstly no one is going to tell you what their best offer is and secondly the Aberdeen market is still going through the roof!

I've been outbid on everything i've went for of late despite going in at even 25% above the offer over price.

Let me know the details of the 155k house; i'll look it up on the ASPC and may be interested in it if it's true, somehow I don't believe it is.

No wind up fellow dandy.

House has been on the market for almost a month now and has recieved one offer and 2 noted interests.

Lower priced properties are still going like hen's teeth, ie a flat on Claremount Street iirc went for around 50% asking.

Another one near Ferryhill went for silly money despite their being nobody else interested.

Dandydon,

I have been saying this about the Aberdeen market for months and most of the others here disagree with every posting I make. As I said before they must be in Aberdeen HK!

I am in the same position as you. I offer at least 20% over the o/o price with no success. I have even offered 30% over for a property I really did not want to lose. Even then it went £7000 higher than I offered. I am now onto my 12th offer in 6 months! Yesterday I offered 25% over the asking price and still did not get the property!

Last week I was interested in a property that the guy had bought just 6 months previously and had done nothing to it. Before I could offer on it he accepted an offer of £20,000 over what he had paid for it just 6 month's previously! I offered someone else £30,000 over what they had paid for it 15 months before, and was turned down.

Like you I don't believe this story about this £155K house. At the very least there must be something wrong with it, or it is not a good area etc. You note that despite you asking, they have not said where this alleged house is!

I have also found that because it is most definitely a seller's market, they treat you like sh!t. Due to the way I have been treated even when offering good money I just wish the balance of power would swing the other way.

This is a HPC site so I wish someone could truly convince me that a substantial fall was coming here in the next year, so I could have the last laugh for a change.

It is all very depressing.

Edited by Alba

Dandydon,

I have been saying this about the Aberdeen market for months and most of the others here disagree with every posting I make. As I said before they must be in Aberdeen HK!

I am in the same position as you. I offer at least 20% over the o/o price with no success. I have even offered 30% over for a property I really did not want to lose. Even then it went £7000 higher than I offered. I am now onto my 12th offer in 6 months! Yesterday I offered 25% over the asking price and still did not get the property!

Last week I was interested in a property that the guy had bought just 6 months previously and had done nothing to it. Before I could offer on it he accepted an offer of £20,000 over what he had paid for it just 6 month's previously! I offered someone else £30,000 over what they had paid for it 15 months before, and was turned down.

Like you I don't believe this story about this £155K house. At the very least there must be something wrong with it, or it is not a good area etc. You note that despite you asking, they have not said where this alleged house is!

I have also found that because it is most definitely a seller's market, they treat you like sh!t. Due to the way I have been treated even when offering good money I just wish the balance of power would swing the other way.

This is a HPC site so I wish someone could truly convince me that a substantial fall was coming here in the next year, so I could have the last laugh for a change.

It is all very depressing.

The reason I wont give the details ove the 150k+ house is due to the fact that someone close to me is considering placing a bid.

Like I have said the property has had one bid which was only a couple of k more than the asking price, 2 noted interests and has been on the market for around a month.

Like I have said before, lower end properties are selling.

The reason I wont give the details ove the 150k+ house is due to the fact that someone close to me is considering placing a bid.

Like I have said the property has had one bid which was only a couple of k more than the asking price, 2 noted interests and has been on the market for around a month.

Like I have said before, lower end properties are selling.

So you're saying the best place to start looking is in the +£140k band?

I had an offer of £128 knocked back last month for a ex council house in Bucksburn; may as well add 20-40k if it's for a nice house in a private estate.

Alba

In a way i'm in a catch22 situation; I have a property to sell so don't really want a crash to happen as it will affect the profit i'd get, on the other hand all the cash is going to the next house thus I don't win either way!

I am just totally fed up with Aberdeen.

I went to view yet another flat yesterday. O/O £120,000 are requested. The flat was bought for £115,000 in June 2005. If it follows the usual pattern it is going to sell for 20% to 25% over ie £138,000 to £143,750. A gain of up to £23,750 in 11 months!!!!!

Even being very generous at 15% over the purchase price in June 2005 the max for this flat should only be about £132,250. You wont get a look in at this latter figure, and will be wasting time offering.

When is this b...... market going to fall?

I am getting really resentful at having to consider these O/O prices. I would really like to wait and hope the pedulum will swing back in favour of the buyer. I have waited a year already and am considerably worse off.

I could have bought this flat in June and saved myself about £30,000. I am frightened if I wait another year this flat will be £160,000.

Fed up, p!ssed off, depressed, etc etc etc etc.

HPC what HPC???

With oil prices as high as they are the market in Aberdeen isn't going to crash anytime soon; best bet may be to look at new houses that come on the market at a fixed price.

What pisses me off is the price people are still paying for council stock; they then keep them a few years and rake in a massive profit! As a full tax payer my chances of actually getting a council house in a decent area are zero, seems it pays to be either a single mother or on invadility benefits, they get straight to the front of the queue then cash in later. Ironic situation that the one's working full time and paying the most taxes are left to bid it out on the market whilst the lazy buggers profit from it!

total poo

every house over £150k is still sitting on ASPC website and hasnt moved in last month except for 1 i have been monitoriing

OK people stupid enough to buy 1 bedroomed flats may well pay over hte odds because they are unable to do market research and think they will mis sout blah blah.

Yes i do believe house prices in Aberdeen are greatly inflated and I will only put in an offer that I think house is worth.

Why cripple yourself with debt to say i have a house.

Aberdeen council should also stop the right to buy scheme for 5 - 10 years like St andrews until BOE raise their interest rates and stop all this free credit kicking around

Saying that though the shops are always empty nowadays and loads are closing down.

Queens cross - 200+ houeses should be completing soo too. want to see effect on prices. cant see them being bought up quickly but im always amazed to be proved wrong.

total poo

every house over £150k is still sitting on ASPC website and hasnt moved in last month except for 1 i have been monitoriing

Some have been on and off the site for nearly a year in that price range.

People are panicking and buying sub 100k properties.

Ive also noticed that houses that werent selling are being relisted at higher prices....like thats going to work...

Also houses been switched from offers over... to fixed price.

there is a house listed on ASPC for last 3 months.. overs over £205k to fixed price £235k

Bought may 2000, £130k.

ye right ill be paying £230k for it then!!

Prices falling in Aberdeen is absolutely NOT what I am finding on the ground.

Every flat I am looking at is going for around 25% over the O/O price.

I mentioned these stats to my solicitor and he cannot undertand where they are coming from as this is not what he is experiencing either.

I mentioned these stats to my solicitor and he cannot undertand where they are coming from as this is not what he is experiencing either.

Thats because your looking at properties under 100k that every other amatuer BTLr is after.

That may be so, but what it tells me is that a few months ago the same flats would have probably been going for 27/28% over that same O/O price. This jobs bonanza wont last forever you know. The jobs may stay but the level of new jobs coming to Aberdeen will level out and this is whats driving the market the way it is at present. Lots of new homes being built here so when the playing feild levels out people will be lucky to get the asking price let alone 25% above. Not a good time to buy IMO.

That may be so, but what it tells me is that a few months ago the same flats would have probably been going for 27/28% over that same O/O price. This jobs bonanza wont last forever you know. The jobs may stay but the level of new jobs coming to Aberdeen will level out and this is whats driving the market the way it is at present. Lots of new homes being built here so when the playing feild levels out people will be lucky to get the asking price let alone 25% above. Not a good time to buy IMO.

Thing is all this talk of oil jobs can be quite misleading. The number of people working in the offshore part of the oil industry includes an extremely large amount of non Aberdonians.

Has the onshore part seen that large an increase in numbers????????

Thing is all this talk of oil jobs can be quite misleading. The number of people working in the offshore part of the oil industry includes an extremely large amount of non Aberdonians.

Has the onshore part seen that large an increase in numbers????????

Yes it most certainly has. My office is about 50% non Aberdonians at a guess. If the oil dries up you wont see them for dust.

Yes it most certainly has. My office is about 50% non Aberdonians at a guess. If the oil dries up you wont see them for dust.

Exactly and for that reason anyone buying flats to BTL in places like Torry are off their rockers.

Exactly and for that reason anyone buying flats to BTL in places like Torry are off their rockers.

Yes they must be mad. Flats in Torry will be 20k again soon enough.

BTL's will be lying empty or rented out to students half price.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/in_d...ml/region12.stm I showed this to a couple of guys in the office and they werent happy about it :lol:

Its amazing how people so easily forget the past and how prices here plummited when the oil industry took a dive last time. It took years before all those flats and houses sold there were so many on the market.

All this talk about oil workers staying in buy to let in Torry?.............I don't think so!!

You may have noticed that we appear to have a substantial and increasing immigrant poulation. This is probably fuelling the BTL market, particularly in Torry.

I just lost another flat today. It went at 26% over the O/O price, and this was not in the sub £100k range.

So much for the stats that say the Aberdeen average house price increase has been 10.8% in the past year.

Incidentally it was £20k over the selling price of just 5 months ago!! So much for Aberdeen prices falling in the last quarter!

This example is not a one off. This is what I have been experiencing for months and it seems to be getting worse.

I noticed an ex council semi in Kincorth has just come on at O/O £130,000!!!! Is this an indication of a slowing market?

You just need to eat out in the restaurants in Aberdeen to see how busy they are and how much money is obviously sloshing about.

An HPC does not look like happening any time soon in this area.

Consider also the BBC stats and the high % annual price increase in Dundee. There is not a comparable oil industry there.